Chapala.com Webboard

Bank Transfer with XE

Ferret

Any Canadians using this to transfer money to Mexico? I am in the market for a "new to me" vehicle and so I started looking for ways to pay for it. I wanted to check out XE and came across this tidbit of news that, I think, will be of benefit to both Americans and Canadians transferring money to Mexico. Transferring Money to Mexico Just Got Faster | Xe Blog

Also thought this was interesting too... How to make an international money transfer with a direct debit | Xe Blog

Looking for feedback from those who have used this. I do not have a Mexican bank account and I do not want one. T.I.A.

I have a 4,000 Canadian dollar limit on my credit card so that's not going to cut it. Also S&S has very few used cars at the moment and seemed not at all enthused about helping me purchase one listed at Autos Usados Seminuevos Y Vehículos Nuevos |soloautos.mx®  when I checked with them six months ago. I'll try again though... maybe they aren't as busy. 

I had a Mexican account with Lloyd's and it worked fine in San Miguel de Allende and there were no ATM's then.  Lloyd's was bought out by Actinver and then the problems began. I do just fine with my Canadian account and ATM's  so I closed the account in 2015 and see no reason to have a Mexican account now. 

Thanks for reply, Ferret. I also had a Lloyd's account, but Actinver screwed me over and I closed that account as well. I need to have a Mexican bank account for my business here, so have a Bancomer acct. but even if I didn't have a business, I'd find it more convenient than using ATMs all the time. Easier  to pay with my debit card than hitting ATMs and carrying cash around. But to each his own.

1 hour ago, AndyPanda said:

That is the personal business of those who choose that path. And I find it to be a very prying question.

I didn't ask you that question. I asked the OP. So there is no reason for you to be offended by my "prying".

Why must you constantly try to pick a fight? Do you not have anything better to do with your time than stalk me around the forum, making snotty retorts to my posts?

People who are  moving to Mexico ask on forums like this all the time if expats have in-country bank accounts and why it's a good idea, or why people don't. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Maybe PayPal is an option??  Their exchange rate is pretty bad so you'd have to cover that for the seller.  Not sure if PayPal has limits on transaction amounts.  May be worth checking out. 

Seems the risk for using PayPal and other online payment systems lies with the seller.

https://www.cashcarsbuyer.com/sell-car-paypal/

7 hours ago, mudgirl said:

I didn't ask you that question. I asked the OP. So there is no reason for you to be offended by my "prying".

Why must you constantly try to pick a fight? Do you not have anything better to do with your time than stalk me around the forum, making snotty retorts to my posts?

People who are  moving to Mexico ask on forums like this all the time if expats have in-country bank accounts and why it's a good idea, or why people don't.

Stalking you? Now, that is funny. No, the truth is you are all over the place, in a very unfriendly, combative way. Doesn't sit well with me. The fact that you don't care for my opinion doesn't make it all about you, even though you apparently think it does.

On 9/20/2021 at 7:51 AM, Ferret said:

Any Canadians using this to transfer money to Mexico? I am in the market for a "new to me" vehicle and so I started looking for ways to pay for it. I wanted to check out XE and came across this tidbit of news that, I think, will be of benefit to both Americans and Canadians transferring money to Mexico. Transferring Money to Mexico Just Got Faster | Xe Blog

Also thought this was interesting too... How to make an international money transfer with a direct debit | Xe Blog

Looking for feedback from those who have used this. I do not have a Mexican bank account and I do not want one. T.I.A.

I'm not Canadian but I used XE for years without a problem until some hacker got into my account. That was not XE's fault. My bank now offers transfers to my Mexican bank account for $5 US and although XE is cheaper, it is easier for to keep an eye on my US bank account. XE is great. Fast, gives an excellent exchange rate and trustworthy. You can easily transfer money to a car dealers account and the money should be there in an hour or two.

• Thanks 1