Chapala.com Webboard

Dog on Bus?

Has anyone taken their small dog in a little carrier on one of the buses to the border?  I know what their rules say that they must be under the bus.  BUT on our city bus many times I'v had my small dog and the driver doesnt care.  So I was hoping maybe I could pay him a little to overlook her.  She never barks, ever, is very small and sleeps all the time.  The carrier looks like a cold drink carrier.  Has anyone had experience?  I will not fly.

• 1 month later...

Even though this is not a direct reply to the posted question but this topic came up in the thread. Some of you may find this information useful since there has been a somewhat recent change to the requirement to bring pets into Mexico.

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/pet-travel/by-country/pettravel-mexico

Effective 12/16/2019: A health certificate for dogs and cats is no longer needed to enter Mexico. Dogs and cats may be taken to the border without health certificate documentation, they will be inspected by SENASICA upon arrival. Please follow the guidance on this page.

6 hours ago, Loving Mexico said:

Even though this is not a direct reply to the posted question but this topic came up in the thread. Some of you may find this information useful since there has been a somewhat recent change to the requirement to bring pets into Mexico.

This is indeed good info BUT not related in any way to OP query.  Would you not be doing a better service with separate post this topic..... and many who might ignore "dog on bus" could be aware of these new reg's?