Chapala.com Webboard

dog on bus?

Shag

Has anyone taken their small dog in a little carrier on one of the buses to the border?  I know what their rules say that they must be under the bus.  BUT on our city bus many times I'v had my small dog and the driver doesnt care.  So I was hoping maybe I could pay him a little to overlook her.  She never barks, ever, is very small and sleeps all the time.  The carrier looks like a cold drink carrier.  Has anyone had experience?  I will not fly.

Best to be forgiven than to ask permission. I snuck my dog on a train once. The ticket agent in the station said they would stop the train and put me off if I  was caught. I had just finished hiking over 2000 miles on the Appalachian Trail so I wasn't afraid of a little walk. Didn't get caught.

I snuck a cockatiel on a bus from Veracruz to Catemaco, 4 hours. Didn't get caught. 

Usually the dog is put in the sleeping berth below, not in luggage compartment. If the trip has two drivers that would be a problem. Visit the bus station and ask to see the sleeping berth and how many drivers are on the trip. At least you could walk the dog on breaks.

• Sad 3

Does it never occur to people who sneak their dog into public places that others may have allergies to dogs? No, I guess it doesn't, it's all about them and what they want to do.

It isn't fair to sneak your dog in where there are rules against it. I have had dogs all my life and find that incredibly rude.

• Like 4

Sure, technically, but you knew exactly what I meant. Her comment was a derogatory appropriation, an ethnic slur, offensive, targeted at a specific group, and a stereotype. And if that ain't "racist", I don't know what is. So it sounds like you are "protecting" a friend, nothing more. And calling me a racist for saying what I said just pours water over your own definition.

Not only that, I said "racist maybe", specifically giving room for interpretation. But instead of recognizing my comment against something vile, you decided to nitpick and go all rhetoric on me.

• Sad 2

I can assure you that I was not trying to protect a friend since I have no idea who Lakeside7 is.  I just get tired of hearing white Americans talking about how Mexicans are some sort of homogeneus race.  I often wonder if those people who feel that way live in gated communities and rarely walk the streets and even see and talk with the local Mexican people.  If they did they would know that they are a rather diverse group of people blended with many different ethnicities.  That is all I was trying to say.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dichosalocura said:

I can assure you that I was not trying to protect a friend since I have no idea who Lakeside7 is.  I just get tired of hearing white Americans talking about how Mexicans are some sort of homogeneus race.  I often wonder if those people who feel that way live in gated communities and rarely walk the streets and even see and talk with the local Mexican people.  If they did they would know that they are a rather diverse group of people blended with many different ethnicities.  That is all I was trying to say.

Okay, I have no problem with that. But really, it was her comment that groups all Mexicans into something less than they are.

• Sad 1

What is the gene that prevents a certain group from speaking more than one language?  I once had an elderly friend who spoke thirteen languages, but no English. He had no formal education. In a family of mixed nationalities, there was a five year old boy who could simultaneously translate the five represented languages.