Chapala.com Webboard

MEXA BISTRO

gringal

• 4 weeks later...

When Mexa bistro opened during the height  of the pandemic with a Mexican fusion menu…a somewhat similar concept to Teocintle I wondered if it would survive even though we enjoyed both our visits. The answer was probably no…It is now Mexa Fonda with aTex-Mex style menu at very reasonable prices. We were seated at 7pm tonight…although traffic was busy we sat away from the entrance and the noise was not invasive .Both of our entrees …mole enchiladas and a chicken burrito were really enjoyable served with well cooked rice and beans . The meal along with a decent bottle of wine was less than 500 pesos…seems to me we may finally have a successor to El Serape with better food .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/6/2021 at 10:01 AM, Carnivore said:

NOISE! CARRETERA TRAFFIC NOISE TOTALLY RUINED WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A GREAT MEAL.  AN INCREDIBILY SAD SITUATION FOR THE OWNER AND STAFF BUT, AS A RESULT WE WOULD NEVER GO BACK.

According to a Mexican friend re:noise. Don't listen. Try it,it works.

3 hours ago, happyjillin said:

According to a Mexican friend re:noise. Don't listen. Try it,it works.

Good advice for Mexico in general...and it does work if you work at it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ate lunch there the other day. Very dissatisfied. We started with nachos before deciding on our meals. I took one bite and couldn't believe they had just served us a plate of ICE COLD beans and cheeze whiz!

Not room temerature either, but refrigerator cold. We paid the bill and left without ordering anything else. The waiter was very nice so we left him a nice tip, but we did explain the problem and we heard him telling the kitchen staff that our food was muy frio and no Bueno. 

1 hour ago, moonhill said:

Ate lunch there the other day. Very dissatisfied. We started with nachos before deciding on our meals. I took one bite and couldn't believe they had just served us a plate of ICE COLD beans and cheeze whiz!

Not room temerature either, but refrigerator cold. We paid the bill and left without ordering anything else. The waiter was very nice so we left him a nice tip, but we did explain the problem and we heard him telling the kitchen staff that our food was muy frio and no Bueno. 

Small Spanish lesson.  muy fria and no buena  the word for food is comida and it is a feminine word. 

The only way I can see getting a cold plate of nachos, which by its very nature is broiled, is having it sit too long before coming out of the kitchen. Former restaurant owners and chefs who frequent this board would know who's to blame in a good restaurant NOB. Here, who knows. My guess is here, there is often nothing and no one between the cook and the waiter to announce ready dishes except maybe a countertop bell. Which to me suggests the waiter is at fault. But, who knows.