Chapala.com Webboard

Paying IMSS on spec building

k2tog

I have a lot in San Antonio that someone is building two spec houses on and he is telling me that he has to pay $100,000p for IMSS. I was shocked!!!! He says it is based on the square meters of the project. Can someone verify this for me. I've never heard of this before. I thought IMSS was paid for individuals. I'm needing some facts here if anyone can help me. 

32 minutes ago, k2tog said:

I have a lot in San Antonio that someone is building two spec houses on and he is telling me that he has to pay $100,000p for IMSS. I was shocked!!!! He says it is based on the square meters of the project. Can someone verify this for me. I've never heard of this before. I thought IMSS was paid for individuals. I'm needing some facts here if anyone can help me. 

You paid for meter and for the workers you have! But before to start the building you nees to paid the IMSS, because if they stop in the process and yoy don't pay the IMSS they charge more. How many squerer meter is youre building?? 

IMSS for construction is handled in a different manner than for regular employees. The actual charge is estimated based on the job and type of construction, and not the actual number of workers as that can change on a daily basis.  It is many times over estimated by IMSS and sometimes there is room for negotiation. 

On any construction job you should ask for copies of all payments. You will need them. 

When we built our house in the Raquet Club, we had to pay the IMSS for the employees.  Our architect provided the required documentation from IMSS.  Cannot remember how we paid, up front or at the end of the project.  However, we did have to go to GDL for the final payment, and later we received a finiquito from the IMSS.

The assessment for coverage for your workers has change over the years. As i recall it started by having to register each worker. Then the formula changed based on the size of the property. Then i think there was an assume number of workers per project.

I have no idea what the current  formula is. If you do not already have one I recommend you get in touch with an accountant. What your relationship is with the project is unclear, but obversly you need help.

If you have a owning money "problem " with the IMSS folks, whatever you do get a Mexican facilitator to resolve the problem 

Get a Mexican attorney and ask him to handle it for you. Don't pester him/her as to exactly how it was taken care of or a breakdown of the fee. Say thank you and proceed with your project.

• Like 3