Chapala.com Webboard

Covid test for domestic flights

rafterbr

On 9/5/2021 at 9:46 PM, johanson said:

Yes, I have had my two Pfizer vaccine shots, in fact I got them earlier this year in March and April. And since then, I have flow to and from Mexico once and am about to return maybe next week. Yes I am worried about catching Covid19, but all I can do is wear the best masks available N95 or the almost at good XN95 mask and hope for the best. 

I sure hope you all have gotten your covid19 vaccine shots, and that my 2 Pfizer shots have also given me protection for this trip. Hospitals are filling up to 100% capacity with sick patients who neglected to get their vaccine shots and who are dyeing from Covid19.

Sorry if you have heard this message too often but get your vaccine shots to keep you alive

Yes; can't wait for you to get your booster--

On 9/5/2021 at 9:47 PM, mudgirl said:

Okay, I'll correct you since you are wrong.

I wouldn't trust Mexican airlines to have the same filtration systems as Canadian or US ones. And as Andy Panda pointed out, I wasn't talking about flights that don't require anything more than filling out a form stating you don't have Covid symptoms in order to board. The flight I took to Canada required everyone to be PCR tested before boarding and again on arrival. If anyone were found to be positive, all the passengers who had been on that flight would be notified. And no one at that point was allowed to leave the quarantine hotel until receiving a negative result on the the test given on arrival. (Now if you are fully vaxed you can skip the hotel quarantine)

No one is tested in Mexico on arrival at their destination, and no one would know if they had been sitting next to someone who had Covid.

I also never said "how safe" flying is. I countered his assertion that it was the most dangerous place to be. 

You wouldn't trust Mexican airline filtration ? Then why would you trust Mexican airlines from falling out of the sky ? sounds like you have an agenda- no offense ; just a observation-sounds of hypocracy- HA

13 hours ago, bmh said:

i would think that since the planes are packed longer flights  gives time to people to eat and drink and therefore many people take their masks off for that reason..Not a good idea in my book since people are on top of each other..

I take a two hour flight and keep my mask on. I live in two places and work in one  and have chronic sciatic so flying in the only way to go..

That s life  One can stay and hide until this thing is over or get vaccines take measures hope for the best and continue to live your life.

I have an idea--Maybe the pigs can refrain from eating for a couple of hours--HA

Yes, I have had my two Pfizer vaccine shots, in fact I got them earlier this year in March and April. And since then, I have flow to and from Mexico once and am about to return maybe next week. Yes I am worried about catching Covid19, but all I can do is wear the best masks available N95 or the almost at good XN95 mask and hope for the best. 

I sure hope you all have gotten your covid19 vaccine shots, and that my 2 Pfizer shots have also given me protection for this trip. Hospitals are filling up to 100% capacity with sick patients who neglected to get their vaccine shots and who are dyeing from Covid19.

Sorry if you have heard this message too often but get your vaccine shots to keep you alive

Thanks for your hopes, doctor,-- but my well being is my business---HA

47 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

That is a nice double-protective move, and everyone should do that, but that is not the job of the passenger. Every single airline boasts how clean their cabins are. But only if the staff do their jobs in the first place. I have far too often witnessed a complete lack of respect in that regard.

I had no opportunity to see how well the airline employees cleaned the cabin- it definitely looked clean, there was no bits of garbage or anything tucked in the seats and whatnot.

Of course it isn't the passengers' job to clean or disinfect- my take was that they passed out those wipes so passengers could use them as an added layer of precaution, or just to make us feel we had some control over the disinfection process if we didn't want to trust that it had been done well. I appreciated it.

Just now, bobby brown said:

OH; by the way; I heard that the REDCROSS- will not except blood from the vacinated; sort of like the Redcross in the past would not  except the blood from aids carriers--Well there is always an exception of the liberal locals like "CALIFORNIA"--Let the buyer beware--!!

OH' being from California; I had an appendix taken out at Kaiser--Great women doctor!!!--well, I gave a pint of my blood ahead of time ; and wouldn't you know it; me being a white guy I was a bleeder-used it up and no problems--I had two operations from there and they are the best--20 years ago and I'm still here making a nuisance of myself-HA

5 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

I had no opportunity to see how well the airline employees cleaned the cabin- it definitely looked clean, there was no bits of garbage or anything tucked in the seats and whatnot.

Of course it isn't the passengers' job to clean or disinfect- my take was that they passed out those wipes so passengers could use them as an added layer of precaution, or just to make us feel we had some control over the disinfection process if we didn't want to trust that it had been done well. I appreciated it.

Well; Mudgirl-I was on a Mexican Airline ( won't mention the name) last year- headed to Cancun after the hurricane, I walked through the galley and it smelled nasty- after sitting down I started choking because of the stink--the steward challenge me for the cough; and I barked back " your galley stinks"--he replied "no, it doesn't"-I replied " (In English}-You going to throw me off the plane?--He replies-"NO"---He saw I was the typical "Ugly American"-looking for a fight--I HATE THIS COVID BU$$$$S %^&--

I can stay alive without your shot; thank you very much for you concern -HA--

53 minutes ago, bobby brown said:

I wouldn't get on a plane with people who are vaccinated --looks like we have a Mexican standoff---HA

Thanks for your concern; but I think I can make it through the rest my life without your advice--THX---

12 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Or you could just not read posts that are not of interest to you. Maybe you should chastise Mudgirl who actually changed the subject to getting on a plane is foolish based on her false assumption that Mexican planes are somehow different than the same models in the US.

The plane maintenance subject came up because a poster inferred that they were safe on a US carrier, but Mexican carriers would not be as safe because they would not have the same filtration system a a US based carrier. Then someone else inferred that Mexican carriers might not maintain their plane to the same level as a Mexican carrier. 

You want to bring up the Vallarta flight to San Francisco--Alaska crash back in the  eighties?- nineties-it's been long----I lost a good friend on that flight--Cinthia Otey--My financial  wizard--Look it up--Cause of the crash was lack of maintence==The Jack Screw-!!

12 hours ago, Ferret said:

All is good and well... except for all those grounded planes of a particular brand that had problems which resulted in people dying in crashes.

The MAIN point is that there is no official testing or vaccination certificate for Covid-19 required on flights within Mexico.

Bunzi!!!!!!!!!!!!!--You got Homey---Bobby

1 hour ago, AndyPanda said:

That is a nice double-protective move, and everyone should do that, but that is not the job of the passenger. Every single airline boasts how clean their cabins are. But only if the staff do their jobs in the first place. I have far too often witnessed a complete lack of respect in that regard.

Well Andy Panda--In conclusion--I think I should take a time out--I will crawl back into my coffin and take a timeout---NOT  !!--These times are too exciting---HA

3 hours ago, mudgirl said:

On the Westjet flight I took to Canada, and the one I took within Canada and the one back to Mexico, all passengers were handed antiseptic wipes as they entered the cabin to wipe down their seats, headrests and trays.

Ohhhh--so cumfy--I feel soooooo --   gooooood--sorry Mudgirl; I'm just a dirty old man---HA

54 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

We are talking on the same side of the fence.

10 hours ago, mudgirl said:

What I do not understand is why many of the airlines do not mandate that all cabin staff etc be vaccinated