Chapala.com Webboard

Real lamb under 5 months

happyjillin

Thank you Hannah for delivering  these REAL lamb t-bone steaks. Anything over 5 months is not spring lamb so it's nice to have someone around here selling spring lamb. I have only seen and bought twice from other vendors lately selling over 5 months to yearling and mutton. BBQ medium rare  with small boiled potatoes, yogurt and beans with bacon bits.

lamb t-bone.jpg

7 hours ago, happyjillin said:

Thank you Hannah for delivering  these REAL lamb t-bone steaks. Anything over 5 months is not spring lamb so it's nice to have someone around here selling spring lamb. I have only seen and bought twice from other vendors lately selling over 5 months to yearling and mutton. BBQ medium rare  with small boiled potatoes, yogurt and beans with bacon bits.

lamb t-bone.jpg

What is the contact info for Hannah?

5 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Hannah and her husband are great, they really understand meat. You, on the other hand do not. Real spring lamb should be pink, tender, and juicy. As Jeff Smith used to say, over cooked lamb is terrible. Even my cat won't eat it.

Medium rare is pink and that's what I said and the day you know more about meat and it's preparation than I do will never happen. Hannah was quite pleased to sell to someone as knowledgeable as me and was happy that I posted on her facebook page. I have an excellent relationship with her.

Oh, and lamb vindaloo can be mutton and IS cooked much longer than this because it's done with an older animal,5 months+.

pedro kertesz

Yes,gary waller aka chillin, you consider yourself superman but apparently lack x-ray vision so here's a French cut lamb rack that I did a while ago BLUE RARE. I only do lamb medium rare,rare and blue rare.  these racks are available at Soriana[baby lamb label] but since Hannah knows what she's doing,I will probably buy those from her too.

IMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1291.jpg