Chapala.com Webboard

Latest on Covid and Lake Chapala

MitchF

Hello...

I was planning a trip prior to Covid but of course all traveling was put on hold and I canceled all trips.  How is the situation now?  I'm still planning a relo out of California and still have Lake Chapala on my short list.

Your feedback would be much appreciated.  I've had my vaccinations months ago and now just waiting on a booster.

Best wishes,  Mitch

I see the situation has gotten worst rather than better. Expats are now getting covid in the area and some are dying but I would think it is the same as other places. I know the situation is worse in Chiapas as well. It is not the time to go travelling but if you stay put wear a mask and keep distancing it is not worse than other places.

• Like 1

There are three active cases in a population of 50,000.  If your level of fear causes you not to travel even though vaccinated because of this, best to stay home.  Be prepared for a long wait as covid is behaving like any other cold/flu type virus and constantly evolving.

The largely outdoor low density life style here seems to support a very low incidence of covid.  IMO this is an advantage. 

Your greatest risk is probably getting on an airplane with 150 or so other sardines.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, bmh said:

I see the situation has gotten worst rather than better. Expats are now getting covid in the area and some are dying but I would think it is the same as other places. I know the situation is worse in Chiapas as well. It is not the time to go travelling but if you stay put wear a mask and keep distancing it is not worse than other places.

Thank you...

1 hour ago, Mainecoons said:

There are three active cases in a population of 50,000.  If your level of fear causes you not to travel even though vaccinated because of this, best to stay home.  Be prepared for a long wait as covid is behaving like any other cold/flu type virus and constantly evolving.

The largely outdoor low density life style here seems to support a very low incidence of covid.  IMO this is an advantage. 

Your greatest risk is probably getting on an airplane with 150 or so other sardines.

That figure sounds wildly optimistic,  based on anecdotal information from Mexican friends.  Covid is spreading rapidly at the moment.

• Like 4

Thank you..

This was posted this morning:

The Lakeside municipalities include: ACV = Active Virus Carriers
o Chapala at 9.6 AVCs per 1000 residents (up from 6.5 last week),
o Jocotepec up to 9.1 AVCs from 8.3 and
o Ixtlahuacán de los Membrillos at 14.2 AVCs per 1000 residents, up from 8.5 last week.

LAKESIDE BY MUNICIPALITY(3)
All-time confirmed cases.
CHAPALA: 647 confirmed, (2 new), 70 deaths (0 new)
JOCOTEPEC: 554 confirmed (2 new), 44 deaths (0 new)
IXTLAHUACÁN: 911 confirmed (8 new), 62 deaths (1 new)

Cases could be as much as 10x higher. Often those that are not hospitalized or die at home are not included in numbers.

• Thanks 1

Here are test results from LAST Wednesday, released from Chapala test site and reported in La Pagina news.  @Mostlylost---I don't see them reflected in your stats for Chapala.  All postives were on same day, should have appeared as a big tick-up.  

In the main square of #Chapala, the Secretary of Health Jalisco (SSJ) conducted a day of application of rapid antigen tests for the timely detection of coronavirus cases.
The day was held on Wednesday, August 25, 9 am to 4 pm, where 229 PCR tests were applied for free, of which 33 were cases positive to Covid19.

"Fear"? Maybe worry; concern; apprehension; caution.

Not sure where you are getting your figures, either. And it actually doesn't matter, because the count is rising all the time now, thanks to the variants.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bmh said:

222 tests 46 positives to be exact

I'd be afraid to see what the numbers look like here in San Diego for the same sampling, so many are fighting masks, vaccinations and social distancing.  

4 hours ago, WideSky said:

This was posted this morning:

The Lakeside municipalities include: ACV = Active Virus Carriers
o Chapala at 9.6 AVCs per 1000 residents (up from 6.5 last week),
o Jocotepec up to 9.1 AVCs from 8.3 and
o Ixtlahuacán de los Membrillos at 14.2 AVCs per 1000 residents, up from 8.5 last week.

LAKESIDE BY MUNICIPALITY(3)
All-time confirmed cases.
CHAPALA: 647 confirmed, (2 new), 70 deaths (0 new)
JOCOTEPEC: 554 confirmed (2 new), 44 deaths (0 new)
IXTLAHUACÁN: 911 confirmed (8 new), 62 deaths (1 new)

Cases could be as much as 10x higher. Often those that are not hospitalized or die at home are not included in numbers.

TY

MitchF if you are on FB the stats are posted daily on the Chapala Health Talk FB page. Stats are pulled from a number of government websites and compiled.  An AVC report is generated but can't recall its regularity.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/222858375093594/?hoisted_section_header_type=recently_seen&multi_permalinks=823486468364112

• 2 weeks later...

You can buy human Ivermectin over the counter here, and it's cheap. At any time that you feel sick, take the treatment protocols recommended at www.flccc.net, and keep your vitamins D, C, zinc, etc up. D is vitally important. 

The PCR tests, if they are set above 30, will "find just about anything in anybody", according to the inventor of the test, Dr. Kary Mullins, who won a Nobel for his invention of the test. He should know!  So the scare reporting of "cases" is based on tests set at 30 and 40. 

This is, of course, the very same test that is being discontinued by the CDC in Dec., because it can't differentiate between corona and influenza viruses, and never could. 

So come down, get some IVM at the pharmacy, just incase, and enjoy life!

36 minutes ago, Honorandfaith said:

You can buy human Ivermectin over the counter here, and it's cheap. At any time that you feel sick, take the treatment protocols recommended at www.flccc.net, and keep your vitamins D, C, zinc, etc up. D is vitally important. 

The PCR tests, if they are set above 30, will "find just about anything in anybody", according to the inventor of the test, Dr. Kary Mullins, who won a Nobel for his invention of the test. He should know!  So the scare reporting of "cases" is based on tests set at 30 and 40. 

This is, of course, the very same test that is being discontinued by the CDC in Dec., because it can't differentiate between corona and influenza viruses, and never could. 

So come down, get some IVM at the pharmacy, just incase, and enjoy life!

Thank goodness you found this out! So lucky to have you here, the only one in the world!

Merck the company that invented  and developed invermectin  one of the world’s largest research and development   Pharmaceuticals companies has done extensive research on its effectiveness against the COVID virus so far Nothing  and obviously it would be a multi billion  dollar coup for them….even a hint would be worth a fortune …hey at least it probably won’t kill you .

• Like 2