Chapala.com Webboard

Covid Antigen testing Walmart Ajijic

The Ajijic Hospital is only doing antigen tests. And their reports have no bar code/QR code on it which makes uploading your pre-flight info to an airlines' site impossible, delaying check-in. Soriana does PCR but they have been closed more than open in the last month.

• Like 1

ribera hospital on the libramiento does antigen tests for 700 pesos, fast and efficient. results on your cell phone or pick up a paper copy. i took 6 people there one morning and they did a fine job. and theres a nice cafeteria on the second floor.

Here’s my Tuesday morning (7 sept) experience at the Walmart parking lot Covid-19 testing location.

We had the first appt of the day at 9:10. The lone attendant arrived at 10:45, unzipped the tent and took off (maybe to get change for his petty cash box??); our test was administered just after 11:00 am.

If you didn't make one via the QR code or their website https://intl-cvx-scheduler.wal-mart.com.mx/confirmation  you actually do not need an appt; however, you will be attended after those with appts are seen.

You pay at the tent, to the Spanish-only attendant. He did make change and provided a Walmart register receipt, which I kept (see below).

There is a form to complete as you wait, despite all the info provided on the registration website. It is in Spanish but is clear, since the attendant counsels you to leave most info blank. If your test is to comply with travel regulations, you must write in your passport number (but no country of issue)--so have that number ready. Otherwise, you can leave that item blank. They don’t need to see any ID or your passport to confirm any of the data you provide to them.

Other info to provide is your name (as it appears in passport, if that’s your reason for testing), gender, and age. Leave the rest of side 1 blank; on side 2, write full name in top blank and, mid-page, write your name again, sign and date on the three lines. 

Despite the ease of the above, several people (expats and locals, alike) were confused. While we waited, spouse spent about 1/2 hr helping people in line complete their forms. (One lone attendant is insufficient to move the line smoothly, especially with a 2-hour queue--several people by this time had left.)

You are told to come back for results in más o menos 30 minutes, depending on the number of samples ahead of your results this one attendant has to administer/process. They are not set up for emailing results: he says they CAN do it, but that’s not their priority. If you want results emailed, clearly print email address next to the empty box for your reservation number (which he also did not need) on side 1 of the form. Otherwise, return for a paper copy of your results. The results merely is everything recopied from your form to this duplicate paper, this one signed by the attendant. There's no QR code, no official stamp, nothing to note I didn't generate my test results myself, so I am going to hang onto my Walmart receipt for $199 that says "Prueba" and keep it with my test for airline confirmation. 
NOTE: In the fine print of the Q/A section from the lab, it says to notify the attendant if these results are used for flight and to request email of the results. So, back we went around 5 pm, waited to be sure we got the results so we could check them, and printed them out. Much more official looking than a hand-written report.

There is no way to reach them by phone to cancel/change a reservation (they indicate to call either of the 800 numbers) or find out where the attendant is; apparently he was over an hour late yesterday, also. (He rides the bus.) I tried both the 800 numbers buried in the online small print: one is Sams Club home delivery; the other Superama. Those numbers don’t know anything about how to reach the testing subcontractor who posted their contact number for them.
  • Thanks 1

my nephew was tested yesterday, the name on the results was 1 letter off, it said san instead of sam, and was almost denied boarding this morning for a flight to san antonio but finally they let him on. the passport number was correct on the form. after boarding and arriving in san antonio tx no one asked to see the results.

15 hours ago, wanderer said:

my nephew was tested yesterday, the name on the results was 1 letter off, it said san instead of sam, and was almost denied boarding this morning for a flight to san antonio but finally they let him on. the passport number was correct on the form. after boarding and arriving in san antonio tx no one asked to see the results.

In fairness to Walmart (which I loathe), we had similar issues with a private lab here TWICE (once a misspelling, once an incorrect date) at 5x the price of Walmart.  Read your reports carefully no matter where you go for them!  

• 2 months later...