Chapala.com Webboard

Cataract surgery lakeside

Drew

37 minutes ago, Drew said:

I am looking for a doctor who does cataract surgery here in lakeside.I do not want to go to Guadalajara.I want someone who does the surgery here.Like at San Antonio Hospital

The proper facilities are not here even at SAT so you will have to go to Guadalajara and that's the reality of it. But  Ophthalmologist do have offices here and can check you. Dra. Claudia did mine ,my wife's and many of our friends in her mother's clinic in Guadalajara.

• Like 2

Dr. Claudia...no contest!!! All your pre and post tests at thier office above the immigration building as you enter Chapala from the carretera going east. You will go to the Eye Center in Guad. for the surgery, a state of the art eye clinic. You will need a driver to take you and wait till the surgery is done, all including the transport under 4 hours.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gringohombre said:

Dr. Claudia...no contest!!! All your pre and post tests at thier office above the immigration building as you enter Chapala from the carretera going east. You will go to the Eye Center in Guad. for the surgery, a state of the art eye clinic. You will need a driver to take you and wait till the surgery is done, all including the transport under 4 hours.  

topography is done in GDL also, prior to surgery.

I was having an eye problem some years after the original cataract surgery done by Dr. Vargas, who is deceased.  Yesterday I saw Dr. Claudia, got the answers and was very impressed by her and with the testing equipment in the office.

The only problem I encountered were the many stairs to reach the Eye Center.  There is no elevator available for those who need one.

21 minutes ago, timjwilson said:

topography is done in GDL also, prior to surgery.

I had cataract surgery done on both eyes by Dr. Claudia about 2 years ago. Only had to go to Guad. twice, once each time for both eyes. Everything else was done at the office/clinic in Chapala that has a lot of very impressive equipment as another poster said. Do not know what topography is but sure that it was done at the Chapala clinic. Or maybe at the same time of the surgery in Guad.

2 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

I had cataract surgery done on both eyes by Dr. Claudia about 2 years ago. Only had to go to Guad. twice, once each time for both eyes. Everything else was done at the office/clinic in Chapala that has a lot of very impressive equipment as another poster said. Do not know what topography is but sure that it was done at the Chapala clinic. Or maybe at the same time of the surgery in Guad.

it must be done to measure for lenses. they have that equipment at the GDL clinic. Carefully done topography assist one to select the best lenses. For me it meant trifocals and no glasses. 

23 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

The last time I saw Dr. Pinto he told me that a bunch of local ophthamolgists got together to build a Lakeside eye surgery facility, but the government of Jalisco was against it and told them they would never get a license.

Nice story   Doubtful it's true.   More likely that for the number of eye surgeries they could do lakeside the cost of equipping the operating center, and staff needed would not be economically viable. I have one family member who does 3 or 4 eye surgeries on the same day in GDL.  

• Like 2