Chapala.com Webboard

Vacc Cheaters entering Canada

Natasha

FYI:  Taken from Global news.ca on line this morning:

TORONTO — Two travellers who arrived in Toronto from the United States have been fined for providing fake COVID-19 proof of vaccination documents and lying about pre-departure tests.

70c8fc80

The Public Health Agency of Canada says the travellers also didn’t comply with requirements to stay at a government-authorized hotel or to get tested upon arrival.

The agency says in a news release Friday that the travellers arrived last week and have been handed four fines totalling $19,720 each......

The agency says violating quarantine or isolation instructions when entering Canada could lead to a $5,000 fine for each day of non-compliance or each offence, or more serious penalties including six months in prison or $750,000 in fines.

So don't mess with Canada, where CoV is taken VERY seriously!! 🚫

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Natasha said:

FYI:  Taken from Global news.ca on line this morning:

TORONTO — Two travellers who arrived in Toronto from the United States have been fined for providing fake COVID-19 proof of vaccination documents and lying about pre-departure tests.

70c8fc80

The Public Health Agency of Canada says the travellers also didn’t comply with requirements to stay at a government-authorized hotel or to get tested upon arrival.

The agency says in a news release Friday that the travellers arrived last week and have been handed four fines totalling $19,720 each......

The agency says violating quarantine or isolation instructions when entering Canada could lead to a $5,000 fine for each day of non-compliance or each offence, or more serious penalties including six months in prison or $750,000 in fines.

So don't mess with Canada, where CoV is taken VERY seriously!! 🚫

As an American citizen I am very happy to hear this. It makes me sick and I hope they get the most serious penalty possible. It really makes me sick that people's insurance premiums are going to go up because insurance companies are paying for people's hospitalizations who have not been vaccinated. This is insane. If you don't want a vaccine and choose to try to infect others and make yourself sick, why should vaccinated people have to pay both economically and personal safety for their utter selfishness and stupidity.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

Appears U.S. citizens are not the only ones.  Just read about 3 Canadians... one single and 2 (a couple)..... all who got the WRONG test before return to Canada and got fined. $5.700 for the single.  $11.000 + for the couple.  Now they're whining up a storm because it wasn't THEIR fault they didn't get the right test.

WRONG.  Canada makes it perfectly clear to all which tests are accepted and which are not. Crybabies included.

• Haha 1

I went to Canada at the beginning of July for 5 weeks. I had the PCR test in Mexico, another at the airport, did the 3 day hotel quarantine and moved on to my daughter's place to complete the 14 day quarantine. Did the required self-test at 8 days into the quarantine. Made an appointment to get my first Pfizer vax for the first day I'd be out of quarantine, which went totally smooth and easy. Wore a mask anytime I went out in public, even though at that point it was not required, only recommended.

Was it a much more expensive and inconvenient trip than before Covid? For sure. But I was so glad that Canada has all these measures in place. Life isn't all about me.

There was a young Canadian couple in the airport in Calgary when I arrived, they were right behind me in the lineup for the PCR tests. They had a 1 and a half year old who was super tired and cranky, who they had struggled to keep quiet on the flight (we came in on the same flight) and a 4 year old. We struck up a conversation. They told me they were quarantine "non-compliant", meaning they had filled out a form stating they would not consent to the 3 day hotel quarantine and understood they could get fined for that.

They explained to me that they had both been vaxed- it wasn't about not being on board with precautions. It was that they couldn't face 3 days cooped up in a hotel room with the kids, and were headed straight home, where they intended to quarantine themselves. That sounded reasonable to me. 

They said they had other friends who had signed the non-compliant form and not been fined, at least not yet, and they were willing to take their chances about that if it meant not having to pay for 3 nights in a hotel with 2 antsy kids.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

So you had not been vaxxed before you went, correct?

Correct. I declined to take the Sinovac offered in my town, as I had doubts it would be accepted in Canada, which it turned out it isn't. I'm not interested in getting shot up with a bunch of different vaccines and decided to hold out for the Pfizer in Canada. 

As I had had 2 negative PCR tests in the course of 5 days by the time I got to my daughter's place, and they had been vaxxed, and I slept out in a tent, it wasn't a dangerous situation for anyone. Although I wasn't really allowed to leave their property, which is out in the countryside during the quarantine, they did introduce me to their closest neighbors, and some of my close friends dropped by to visit, who were all also fully vaxed, and we were always outside, and keeping our distance.

• Like 4