Chapala.com Webboard

La Pueblita Assisted Living

18 minutes ago, monarche said:

Does anyone know the construction status of La Pueblita located west of Ajijic? Wasn't it supposed to be completed and people moved into the towers by now? Seems like it's come to a halt.

There are houses for sale and people are living there. There was even a re-sale on the MLS a few weeks ago

There are a few people working on the apartments there but a lot still has to be done-they need dozens of people working there. No apartments are ready to live in. Many of the casitas are lived in and there are some people in the memory care part. They appear to be waiting for more investors.

Hello,

We are very happy to share that the site development has progressed on schedule. We'll post a Construction Progress Report in the next day to provide more details of successes and challenges. This report will be available on our website. It will also cover some of the questions and comments that you guys are sharing. As far as the investment concerns, you don't have to worry, all efforts are fully covered. We had a delay last year as result of many factors such as COVID-19, that impacted all business across many industries including ours, however La Pueblita is taking shape and offers now memberships for our Casitas and The Memory Care. Hope to see you around!

Thank you!

9 minutes ago, La Pueblita Senior Living said:

Hello,

We are very happy to share that the site development has progressed on schedule. We'll post a Construction Progress Report in the next day to provide more details of successes and challenges. This report will be available on our website. It will also cover some of the questions and comments that you guys are sharing. As far as the investment concerns, you don't have to worry, all efforts are fully covered. We had a delay last year as result of many factors such as COVID-19, that impacted all business across many industries including ours, however La Pueblita is taking shape and offers now memberships for our Casitas and The Memory Care. Hope to see you around!

Thank you!

Thank you for posting here. It is an interesting concept but expemsive.

13 hours ago, La Pueblita Senior Living said:

Hello,

Thank you!

website link?

12 hours ago, cedros said:

Thank you for posting here. It is an interesting concept but expemsive.

Expensive is a relative term.. Usually when someone says “That’s expensive” It’s because they can’t afford it.  La Pubelita is catering to a wealthier clientele.  Check out facilities NOB.  I have acquaintances living in retirement/assisted living places paying $7000 US a month.. So when you compare La Pueblita with other places in North America it doesn’t seem that expensive.

Interesting website but nothing about pricing that I could find. One thing that many people forget is the amount of space that you actually need as you get older. I purposefully bought a one bedroom/one bathroom one level house because it's perfect for aging in place. What about guests? I decided that I would rather pay for my family guests to stay two weeks in a local B&B than pay the extra $$$ for a larger home (and the maintenance that it entails) with multiple bedrooms & baths that are unoccupied for a large portion of the year. YMMV. imho, IF La Pueblita had some onsite short term rentals available to rent to members' guests, it might help some people downsize more easily.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TelsZ4 said:

Expensive is a relative term.. Usually when someone says “That’s expensive” It’s because they can’t afford it.  La Pubelita is catering to a wealthier clientele.  Check out facilities NOB.  I have acquaintances living in retirement/assisted living places paying $7000 US a month.. So when you compare La Pueblita with other places in North America it doesn’t seem that expensive.

I have friends living in great Independent Living facilities in North and South Carolina. The first is paying $4,400 for a patio style home and the other a 2b/2bath apartment for $1,400 usd per month inc utilities . The amenities are excellent, but of course the climate does not compare to Lakeside. However maybe living at 5,000 ft is a problem for some folks..So do not make a hasty move to Lakeside until you are sure you do not have a breathing problem

2 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

Manzanas a naranjas.  

4 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

To me, that is irrelevant.  Expensive can mean a person cannot afford it, but not necessarily.  I could afford it, yet I think it is too expensive for what you get.  Also, the rent is increased yearly by a percentage.  Yes. It is less than the US, but expensive for Mexico.  And....still a lot of money for a place you are only renting. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Manzanas a naranjas.  

I agree.  Why compare the cost to another country.  We don't live in the US, so we need to compare to the cost here.  Otherwise, for that matter, you could compare to prices in Nicaragua and other places, but irrelevant.......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Zeb said:

I agree.  Why compare the cost to another country.  We don't live in the US, so we need to compare to the cost here.  Otherwise, for that matter, you could compare to prices in Nicaragua and other places, but irrelevant.......

Also, I want to add a comment.  People say that to me all the time about restaurants.  $180 for a meal they say is not expensive.  It is expensive for Mexico.  It is not much for the US, but we don't live there, so it is irrelevant.

• Thanks 1

The no price on ads or come on is aMexican thing.. they list things for sale on the internet and then you have to ask for the price and then they send apprivate message like if the price was amajorsecret , it drives me nuts. In an Cristobal se las Casas I helped someone find an apartment and I would say that 90' per cent of the listings have no price and you have to ask... 

18 hours ago, La Pueblita Senior Living said:

Hello,

Thank you!

I don't know if you will see a message I posted in response to someone else's post.  Please post your prices on this forum and on your web site.  This should not be a secret and should be information available to everyone.  Thinking you want people to go visit first is a waste of everyone's time, if it is our of the prospect's budget.  Also, please post your yearly price increase.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bmh said:

The no price on ads or come on is aMexican thing.. they list things for sale on the internet and then you have to ask for the price and then they send apprivate message like if the price was amajorsecret , it drives me nuts. In an Cristobal se las Casas I helped someone find an apartment and I would say that 90' per cent of the listings have no price and you have to ask... 

I agree. It is insane thinking the can lure a prospect in this manner.  I just had an idea.  The next time I see something like that, after I have made inquiry as to the cost, I wold post a reply to it stating the cost for everyone else's benefit.

4 minutes ago, tomgates said:

$10,000US one time entrance payment and $30,580MP per month. 

Thanks for responding.  I think the monthly fee also changes depending on what type of unit is selected.  They have Casitas and the apartments in the building.  There is also an automatic yearly increase.

I thought the admission fee was based on their : Silver, Gold or Platinum buy-in. Other than huge differences in upfront cost I do not know what one receives for the price differential. They ranged between $10 US and $100K. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

35 minutes ago, Tomas said:

I thought the admission fee was based on their : Silver, Gold or Platinum buy-in. Other than huge differences in upfront cost I do not know what one receives for the price differential. They ranged between $10 US and $100K. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

I cannot do any correcting, because you may right.  I have been there, but I do no remember the fees and did not save the information. 

I think it’s difficult for them to give price, there are so many variables. Do you want a meal plan. What level of care do you need. What type of accommodation do you want..  If you meet with them tell them your needs and they will quote you a price.. If any of you were really interested and could afford to live there you wouldn’t be asking for a price on a web board, you would be meeting with them in person to find something that suites your needs.. 

• Like 1

Nonsense.  We do not need to go to a restaurant or any kind of store in order to learn the prices charged.  There is no good reason why La Pueblita cannot post all the variables' prices: with or without meals, etc.  Many of us could afford such a facility, but nobody wants to get ripped off. I think we all want "our money's worth".