Chapala.com Webboard

FYI

"Dear Friends!

We are glad to invite you to our next Lunch & Learn that will take place on Friday, August 27th at 11:00 am. I am attaching information about our guest of honor Laura Ricaud. Afterwards we will have a small presentation about La Pueblita.
* For this occasion, the presentation will be in English.*** Because of Covid protocol, as a preventive measure for the Delta variant, we will take mandatory measures using masks and mandatory distancing. We appreciate your understanding and support for these measures.***

We have limited spaces. We appreciate you reserve your space writing back to us with your name, phone and email

Thank you for the opportunity to be near you!"

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, gringal said:

Some time ago, someone placed his mother in La Pueblita and paid a large fee up front.  To say it didn't work out well is an understatement. Anyone remember that post?

Yes, I remember it but this is just an oportunity to check out the place. It has some interesting features and some happy clients.

2 hours ago, cedros said:

FYI

"Dear Friends!

We are glad to invite you to our next Lunch & Learn that will take place on Friday, August 27th at 11:00 am. I am attaching information about our guest of honor Laura Ricaud. Afterwards we will have a small presentation about La Pueblita.
* For this occasion, the presentation will be in English.*** Because of Covid protocol, as a preventive measure for the Delta variant, we will take mandatory measures using masks and mandatory distancing. We appreciate your understanding and support for these measures.***

We have limited spaces. We appreciate you reserve your space writing back to us with your name, phone and email

Thank you for the opportunity to be near you!"

1 hour ago, Colorwheeljg@gmail.com said:

Judith Greenberg

376 766 0243

Colorwheeljg@gmail.com 

I would like to attend your luncheon.

I think you have to send your request to attend to; info@lapueblita.com

57 minutes ago, gringal said:

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who is currently living at La Pueblita.

If you go there and visit the office and walk around a bit you should run into people who live there. I ran into a lady who lives there and who said she loved it but it isn't for me.

Why should I need to "go there" etc. in order to hear from someone who is actually living there? I am guessing that at least one of them is reading this web board. From what I've been hearing so far, those who are in charge of La Pueblita paint a rosy picture which may not line up with reality.

Also, I can't help but wonder why you seem so interested in the place.  My interest is for the near future, when I may need a "care giving" facility for myself.

On 8/20/2021 at 9:43 AM, gringal said:

Why should I need to "go there" etc. in order to hear from someone who is actually living there? I am guessing that at least one of them is reading this web board. From what I've been hearing so far, those who are in charge of La Pueblita paint a rosy picture which may not line up with reality.

Also, I can't help but wonder why you seem so interested in the place.  My interest is for the near future, when I may need a "care giving" facility for myself.

No one who lives there may be on this board. 

I am so interested because I have made up a list of places for seniors Lakeside. I like the concept & setting of this place but not the price. I could send you a list of places for seniors that I have collected-about 20 places..

2 hours ago, gringal said:

In that case, Cedros, I won't need to hear a report from a resident, will I?  IMO, the price itself is enough of a turnoff.

I think so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, timjwilson said:

I'm curious if those envisioning such need in their future might consider throwing in together, form a nonprofit, buy a nice property and build-convert the perfect facility.

Conceptually, it is a good idea.  Problems I see are getting people to agree on location, conversion and all that is involved in such a project.  Certainly, it would be less expensive.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, gringal said:

timwilson:  how many elderly people have both the time and energy plus the funds to attempt such an undertaking?  Not many, including me.😉

Pretty sure it would be the cheapest route. Not much different from hiring architects, etc. to build a house. 

Zebs comment on like-minded goals would be more of an obstacle.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Zeb said:

Conceptually, it is a good idea.  Problems I see are getting people to agree on location, conversion and all that is involved in such a project.  Certainly, it would be less expensive.

IMHO a purpose built facility would be better than a conversion. There are probably enough seniors with money here to fund it.

1 hour ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Better answer: age in place. 

It is still affordable here to hire home care workers and stay in the comfort of your own home. 

The only drawback is if you die when living in your home is that relatives from the North will have to look after disposing of your things. That can be quite daunting for some.

28 minutes ago, cedros said:

The only drawback is if you die when living in your home is that relatives from the North will have to look after disposing of your things. That can be quite daunting for some.

It's the same thing to be done everywhere. when my mother died in Toronto,relatives came from Germany UK  and Vancouver BC and things were disposed amongst them and those that lived closer. In any event, there is no difference in that respect, whether you croak in your own home or elsewhere.

pedro kertesz