Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Angus


Recommended Posts

My two pm's from August 1st have also not been picked up. All we can do is keep our fingers crossed. But, if anyone has been in touch with him since that date, please let us know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That was one of the sadest post , I have seen in a while.. The man was asking for help and a few people were concerned but the whole thing got derailed as usuall by people wanting to be experts and wanting to show what they knew.. nothing useful. I hope Angus made it with the helpof some people where he was. 

What a differnce with Chiapas. here we do not have a whole lot of useful forum but we have great network via whatsapp in the barrio anf the person in charge of the street comes and knock at the door tosee how they can help. Also my indigenous friends show up take us to the hospital and stay with us until we get out , then they take turn at staying at the house and taking care of us.   I saw nothing comparable in the thread I read.. 

Sad..

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, bmh said:

That was one of the sadest post , I have seen in a while.. The man was asking for help and a few people were concerned but the whole thing got derailed as usuall by people wanting to be experts and wanting to show what they knew.. nothing useful. I hope Angus made it with the helpof some people where he was. 

What a differnce with Chiapas. here we do not have a whole lot of useful forum but we have great network via whatsapp in the barrio anf the person in charge of the street comes and knock at the door tosee how they can help. Also my indigenous friends show up take us to the hospital and stay with us until we get out , then they take turn at staying at the house and taking care of us.   I saw nothing comparable in the thread I read.. 

Sad..

Agree, bmh, the guy deserved much better than what was posted. They completely destroyed his plea for help. Sad. Hopefully, he found help and is getting better.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Jim Bowie said:

Agree, bmh, the guy deserved much better than what was posted. They completely destroyed his plea for help. Sad. Hopefully, he found help and is getting better.

 

There was concern for his problem but no alleged info given that could help him immediately. I posted rational actual things that he could do instantly where he was located based on my medical knowledge and the vast majority of you nimrods jumped all over my arze for it. Since he hasn't been heard from since that monday at 9:01 am ,I would suggest that he didn't get what he needed to survive what appears to have been covid related for someone that had the typical preconditions. Proceed to pat yourselves on the back further,all-ya/all.

 

pedro kertesz

  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

There was concern for his problem but no alleged info given that could help him immediately. I posted rational actual things that he could do instantly where he was located based on my medical knowledge and the vast majority of you nimrods jumped all over my arze for it. Since he hasn't been heard from since that monday at 9:01 am ,I would suggest that he didn't get what he needed to survive what appears to have been covid related for someone that had the typical preconditions. Proceed to pat yourselves on the back further,all-ya/all.

 

pedro kertesz

Yet another time where you bash everyone, and try to make it all about you. Grow up! It may have been a successful strategy for you in the fifth grade, but move forward.

  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, moderator-2 said:

Let's keep the posts here only about answering the OP's questions and nothing else.

Thanks.

I assume you have access to the email address he used to sign up(?). Would you mind trying to contact him via that route, please?

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Jreboll said:

Does Melaque have an expat community that might know?

Yes.  I went to TomZap forum after he stopped posting here to see if I could find similar posts/requests for oxygen, etc. but I didn't find any.  

He had sent me some PMs right after he moved to Barra about his new digs, etc. but I deleted them quite awhile ago.  

He had health issues other than COPD, had wanted to get to Phillipines or Thailand or Cambodia to live out his life, but their Covid restrictions for tourists and for immigration stopped him from getting there.  

He used to post as Rich D on TOB here.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Yes.  I went to TomZap forum after he stopped posting here to see if I could find similar posts/requests for oxygen, etc. but I didn't find any.  

He had sent me some PMs right after he moved to Barra about his new digs, etc. but I deleted them quite awhile ago.  

He had health issues other than COPD, had wanted to get to Phillipines or Thailand or Cambodia to live out his life, but their Covid restrictions for tourists and for immigration stopped him from getting there.  

He used to post as Rich D on TOB here.  

Maybe he wants to be incognito!!! 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...