Chapala.com Webboard

Hurricane Grace

cedros

1 hour ago, RickS said:

.... as in river with no *s*

Heavy rains tend to make their own additional rivers. I wasn't specifically trained to make excuses but I'm learning from seeing news reports. :) Why is everyone being lazy about naming these flash flood rivers in the streets. See? I'm learning to talk nuts like the news too. Pretty sure saying rivers was a reference to the specific river and it's tributaries feeding it. You know the babbling brooks not to be confused with babbling people. 

Hopefully hurricane Grace's rain runoffs don't find places to eat away like recently happened to the east. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stephen White said:

Latest has her going pretty far south of us.

Hurricanes in the northern hemisphere have the most activity on the north east sector of the storm which hopefully remains true. The counterclockwise rotation has the most wind force into the path of travel kicking up the most weather. Then there is just the storm going by even at a distance pops up rain here and there :) 

17 hours ago, RickS said:

.... as in river with no *s*

Of course there is a s. Like the  the Laja, Turbio, Angulo, and Duero rivers and others which feed in to the Lerma river.

23 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Looking like Grace will run out of steam before she can impact us. 

210620_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Don't worry. As long as the impact of the zone stirs things up there's convective activity with chances of rain. Haven't looked at the available water vapor but eh. It's still a low pressure depression entering the area so rain is more likely.

11 hours ago, mudgirl said:

It rained and there was lightning in the middle of rainy season? Fancy that. Super newsworthy.

It has not rained for awhile here and it was the best lightening display of the season. We are approaching the end of the rainy season.

This little sweetie is expected to, (not only have crossed the Yucatan and re-intensified into now a Category 3 Hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico), cross Mexico and develop into a system in the Pacific. I give her points for her survival instinct but I think we may get some wind and rain. Batten down the hatches! And I really, really hope I'm wrong.

cone graphic

17 hours ago, cedros said:

Almost 1/2 inch of rain near Jocotepec last night and lotsx of lightening.

Way to rub it in to the rest of the world that's in a drought. :) 

Here's a nice looking view of the storm. It was said the mountains would take a lot of the rain out of the storm but its not looking like it so far.

Grace.jpg

She's a mover and a shaker... by 1 am Sunday, she is expected to have arrived in the Pacific...

Lots of fun with Ventusky... Ventusky - Wind, Rain and Temperature Maps

If you click the "previous" button at the bottom, you can track her in three hour (or one hour if you change the drop down under preciptiation) increments going backwards.

• Thanks 2