Chapala.com Webboard

Fine for Not Paying Vehicle Registration

I was late paying for my 2021 Jalisco fee and it was rather high. I am sorry I don't recall the amount but I won't make that mistake again. I usually pay during the time when you can get a discount but I dropped the ball this year. The fine for paying late was more than the actual fee for the 2017 Kia Sportage car registration.

I paid for it at the place in Chapala where you normally pay for your car tag. I generally renew on-line and print the receipt to keep in my car but since it was late, that option was not available for me this year.

Good luck!

Val Jones :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thevalerieleigh said:

I was late paying for my 2021 Jalisco fee and it was rather high. I am sorry I don't recall the amount but I won't make that mistake again. I usually pay during the time when you can get a discount but I dropped the ball this year. The fine for paying late was more than the actual fee for the 2017 Kia Sportage car registration.

I paid for it at the place in Chapala where you normally pay for your car tag. I generally renew on-line and print the receipt to keep in my car but since it was late, that option was not available for me this year.

Good luck!

Val Jones :)

Thanks, but if I understand correctly, you paid after March and didn't get a discount this year. I'm wondering about not paying the registration at all for this year and then paying it along with next year's registration. 

11 hours ago, Frijoles said:

Thanks, but if I understand correctly, you paid after March and didn't get a discount this year. I'm wondering about not paying the registration at all for this year and then paying it along with next year's registration. 

You would be driving an unregistered vehicle.  Hopefully no accident!

So what would happen to a Snowbird with a car who didn't come down last winter? Will they face a fine when they go to update their registration?

Or if one buys a used car that's been stored for a couple of years and tries to get it registered?

SunFan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frijoles said:

No I wouldn't. That's why I'm asking the question.

My post You would be driving an unregistered vehicle.  Hopefully no accident!

was based on "I'm wondering about not paying the registration at all for this year"  If this happens your vehicle would not have a current registration. Thus my post

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/17/2021 at 7:13 PM, ibarra said:

Enter your plate number and last 5 digits of your serial number to find out what you owe.

https://gobiernoenlinea1.jalisco.gob.mx/vehicular/ 

I'm looking at my 13/01/20 Target de Circulacion! Where is my serial number "Ref the Num de Serie 55972

Since  I was renewed in 2020, what might the fine be? $824 + $110 in fines

Can this be paid at any Bank?