Chapala.com Webboard

Seeking CAPABLE person to clean Aljibe

Natasha

Very dirty, large  aljibe with mud/silt in bottom needs draining/cleaning ASAP. Please reply ONLY if you have satisfactory personal experience with person recommended.

Had  one lined up but problems arose and have to start over. Location central San Antonio.   Gracias

I used JP Home Services to clean my aljibe. More than one person came which, I think, is important for safety reasons. Drained, cleaned, parged and then filled. Still clean and doesn't leak. I drop a couple of small tabs of chlorine into it every month and I only use my aljibe for emergency water.

• Like 1

Office number is 376-766-1569 Juan Pablo's cell number is 333-968-2928 and Jurgen's cell number is 331-841-4159 or whatsapp for both cell numbers. A pressure washer wasn't used in my case BUT you could certainly request that one be used. If you're anything like me, you watch any work being done and make sure it's done to your satisfaction. ;)

Unless you have a plastic/solid tank using a pressure washer will strip the concrete/parging from inside the tank and then you have another problem as it will no longer hold water.
Just because there is sand/silt in the bottom is not a reason to use a pressure washer as there is NO WHERE FOR THE WATER TO DRAIN. Water is most often taken near the top of an aljibe as they are generally in ground tanks.

• Like 1

WideSky, whatever would be the purpose of the size of the aljibe if it only drew water from the top? Most pipes go down to about 6 inches off the bottom. It is no big deal to parge the inside of an aljibe. I already stated that mine was parged after cleaning and that there are no leaks. The pressure washer doesn't have to be set at maximum to do the cleaning... and the water is removed with a bypass pump which is the same way that they removed the dirty water in the first place before cleaning.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ferret said:

WideSky, whatever would be the purpose of the size of the aljibe if it only drew water from the top? Most pipes go down to about 6 inches off the bottom. It is no big deal to parge the inside of an aljibe. I already stated that mine was parged after cleaning and that there are no leaks. The pressure washer doesn't have to be set at maximum to do the cleaning... and the water is removed with a bypass pump which is the same way that they removed the dirty water in the first place before cleaning.

My point was it does not gravity feed or have a valve at the bottom of the tank like a tinaco. Second point was that most people cannot do without water for several days while the parging cures properly. Third point although a pressure washer may have adjustable PSI it doesn't mean it will be used, particularly if the individual using has rented or borrowed it without knowing HOW it works.

I have 2938 but it's an old card and it may have changed. Try the other numbers. If you get a new cell number for Juan Pablo, please post it. T.I.A

Cistern water is sucked from the bottom by either an above ground or submersible pump. As I have already stated, I had professionals come in to do the work and, all in ONE day, they drained it, cleaned it, PARGED it and filled it. Concrete does not have to be air cured for days before getting wet. 

Pouring Foundations Under Water (indianapublicmedia.org)

Does Concrete Cure if Standing in Water? (sfgate.com)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 8/15/2021 at 10:03 AM, Ferret said:

I used JP Home Services to clean my aljibe. More than one person came which, I think, is important for safety reasons. Drained, cleaned, parged and then filled. Still clean and doesn't leak. I drop a couple of small tabs of chlorine into it every month and I only use my aljibe for emergency water.

What did they charge, if I may ask?

Can't remember off the top of my head and I shredded all bills of this nature in my New Year clean out. Give them a call and get a quote. It's going to depend on the size of your aljibe anyway... also whether there are tree roots and/or if it needs parging.

5 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Can't remember off the top of my head and I shredded all bills of this nature in my New Year clean out. Give them a call and get a quote. It's going to depend on the size of your aljibe anyway... also whether there are tree roots and/or if it needs parging.

Unfortunately, their site says "permanently closed".  Do you think it might have been under 2,000 pesos?

What "site"? JP doesn't have one. The office is and always has been in Handy Mail between iShop and SuperLake. They are most definitely in business because I was in there to pay for work I had done last week. Furthermore, the contact numbers that I previously posted for JP Home Services remain the same. JP and I were communicating using Whatsapp during the last week.

I also used JP Home Services and they did a good job.  I believe I paid $1,500 pesos.  I am sure my aljibe was larger than they thought as it took 3 hours to pump it out and 12 hours to refill it.  I got a bid for the job and I am glad I did.  I never knew my aljibe was this big and it had not been cleaned in years.  Water was very dirty and now very clean in appearance.  We just use the water for garden and laundry.

• Thanks 1