Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Covid Testing For Travel?


Recommended Posts

In case I missed this discussion here already, anyone know where we can go to be Covid tested before bordering plane to US?  I know they require a negative result for entry into the US.  Just don't know where it is offered on demand Lakeside?

 

Thank you all!

 

pm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

San Antonio Clinic and/or Hospital. I paid $1,000 pesos last weekend. When I arrived at the check in counter at the airport on Tuesday, I mentioned that I had the test and that I was negative. But no one bothered to look at the paperwork. It was as if it didn't matter whether I had the test or not.

Maybe others had their Covid tests looked at. I do not know

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can use an Antigen test 3 days or less before departure. Soriana parking lot there is a trailer with morning tests Pay inside Soriana under $500. Best labs Riberas $850.   Ajijic Clinic $900. Airport parking garage $450 (Need to allow 2 extra hours)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, johanson said:

San Antonio Clinic and/or Hospital. I paid $1,000 pesos last weekend. When I arrived at the check in counter at the airport on Tuesday, I mentioned that I had the test and that I was negative. But no one bothered to look at the paperwork. It was as if it didn't matter whether I had the test or not.

Maybe others had their Covid tests looked at. I do not know

Pete which airline to the USA did you fly on? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you johanson and Mostlylost (sure can relate to your handle!).

 

So they should be screening this at the airport before getting on the plane?  I assumed they'd screen on landing in the US but I guess that doesn't make sense.  Imagine the throngs of arriving Covid infected people already on the ground in the US.  What to do with them?  Makes more sense not to allow them on the plane in the first place.

 

Thank you both! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Pete which airline to the USA did you fly on? 

johanson, aren't you Seattle based in the US or am I thinking of rvgringo?  That would make Alaska the airline of choice most likely?  Like us, we live in Port Townsend when in US and the best airline for us is Alaska.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, pedro malo said:

Thank you johanson and Mostlylost (sure can relate to your handle!).

 

So they should be screening this at the airport before getting on the plane?  I assumed they'd screen on landing in the US but I guess that doesn't make sense.  Imagine the throngs of arriving Covid infected people already on the ground in the US.  What to do with them?  Makes more sense not to allow them on the plane in the first place.

 

Thank you both! 

It is the responsibility of the airline to verify you have a negative test before they issue a boarding pass. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, johanson said:

I would rather not say, other than it was one of the major airlines with a stopover in Texas.

So American Airlines. They bear the responsibility to check you have had a test.    Some airlines are requiring you to answer online when you reserve  did you need to do that? Or was it just your verbal statement at checkin?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Westjet certainly asked to see my PCR test results before issuing my boarding pass to fly to Canada a month ago.

Why am I not surprised that some US based airlines wouldn't?

No way I would board a plane where the airline didn't give a hoot. That's appalling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've made 5 flights to US since testing began, on American, United and Delta.  All checked my test results. 

Had an antigen test yesterday at Soriana.  There was a short line in parking lot and it took an hour total; in past we were in and out in 15 minutes.  Price 489p.  Pay first inside with any cashier and bring receipt to trailer.  The tester said we'd have results in 3 hours; got them in 2 hours via email.

In the past month the testing sites have been quite busy; I see lines extending to the street at the Ajijic Clinic/Hospital (of course, they are only open 1 hour M-Sa for testing).  People posted here and on FB that the Soriana lab was closed a few times due to running out of testing supplies.  

We've used 3 different labs and Soriana is the best for price and accuracy.  2 test results at another lab had incorrect info (misspellings, wrong date) which required us to go back and get corrected paperwork.

Always review the data on your test results!!  Your name on report must match your passport.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like Bisbee Gal, my wife and I have flown to/from the States eight times during the testing requirement, and our testing has been closely checked each time. There is also a US government form you have to fill out which attests to your test (redundant, no?). Some airlines have it online, or ask you the same questions online when check in. So they might accept that rather than ask you for a hardcopy of the test results. If you wonder why they would take your word for it, it is somewhat unreasonable to expect ALL the airlines flying to the States to know  ALL the different labs and which are "ok." 

The last two times we went to Soriana, they did not have the necessary items (I don't know what they mean, swabs?) to do antigen testing, so we had to use Go labs in Riberas. Soriana remains the cheapest, easiest solution in my opinion, but you need to have a back up plan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's link to printable attestation form for those not using their phone for forms.  I agree with redundancy--you hand it to the agent at same time you show them your test results ☺️

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/Fillable-Attestation-English-p.pdf

Here is link to printable health questionnaire required by Mexico.  

https://www.aeromar.mx/files/Cuestionario_de_viajero.pdf

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

It is the responsibility of the airline to verify you have a negative test before they issue a boarding pass. 

That makes total sense, thank you again Mostlylost!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Here's link to printable attestation form for those not using their phone for forms.  I agree with redundancy--you hand it to the agent at same time you show them your test results ☺️

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/Fillable-Attestation-English-p.pdf

Here is link to printable health questionnaire required by Mexico.  

https://www.aeromar.mx/files/Cuestionario_de_viajero.pdf

 

 

 

 

 

Bisbee Gal, thank you for this!  Had no idea all this was required being that we have not traveled since the start of Covid.  The community has been most helpful as always!

 

Thank you all!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, econ man said:

The gal at Soriana only does one nostril, all the others I tried do both. Makes a difference in comfort level.

That was my experience a couple of months ago; had my test results by email within two hours.

Flew home on American Airlines and was able to upload my negative test with the Verifly app. Doing that allowed me access to AA's Verifly check in line, with no wait. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...