Chapala.com Webboard

How dependable is UBER lakeside?

7 minutes ago, Eric Blair said:

I need to go to the U.S. Embassy and get there by 0900 on a weekday.

I ckecked Uber and the price was $350.00 which seemed too low.

I then checked a private driver and he was $850 which seemed too high.

Thoughts?

One way?  Or round trip with x hour waiting time?  

The chance of getting an UBER in Chapala when you want it is basically ZERO  The only time a car might be available is when someone gets a ride from the Airport or GDL to lakeside and the car is still here for a few minutes before heading back. 

$850 for a private driver to GDL is not high.

To return to Lakeside right now from the US Consulate the quote is $909.97 on the UBER platform. 

• Like 1

Most of the drivers at Lakeside that claim to be Uber drivers are not real Uber drivers, they are just people with a car and a business card that work to drive people around.  Since you live in Chapala Haciendas, if I am not mistaken.  Just google chapala taxi.  Call the number and arrange for a taxi driver to pick you up at a given hour.  I have done this several times and with me they have proven to be reliable.  If you want to cut the cost cheaper, on your way home come back via the bus.  From the Consulate to the old bus station or Central Camionera Vieja in a taxi will cost you around 100 pesos and around 60 pesos by bus back to Chapala.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Floradude said:

Doing the reverse I paid $500 for a taxi last week from GDL to Ajijic. I thought this was a very good price.  I was told I could not get a Uber from GDL to Lakeside.

I have never had a problem with UBER to lakeside from the Airport or GDL. When you ordered the UBER on your app what exactly happened? 

Two weeks ago called Uber from Ajijic and they said $350 pesos to Guadalajara but they had no cars.  We rode bus to Guadalajara and taxi back.  Taxi was $500 pesos.  Suspect you can get Uber from Guadalajara to Lake side but can only get one here if there happens to be one in the area.

1 hour ago, rafterbr said:

Two weeks ago called Uber from Ajijic and they said $350 pesos to Guadalajara but they had no cars.  We rode bus to Guadalajara and taxi back.  Taxi was $500 pesos.  Suspect you can get Uber from Guadalajara to Lake side but can only get one here if there happens to be one in the area.

So you did not have a problem getting an UBER in GDL to lakeside....you did not request one. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2