Chapala.com Webboard

Overnight creeks and floods

CHILLIN

The usually dry creekbed at the back of our house is now running at full capacity. Luckily, this is not the first time this has happened and there are sturdy stone walls to contain it.

The stairways by Peter's house in Lourdes is a flood of muddy water. It goes to both sides of the stairway and is running very fast. Hope there are no mudslides from the construction up the mountain. Like our creek, I have no idea where it ends up, but probably the Lake and the water table is a good guess.

Various videos on facebook.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

The usually dry creekbed at the back of our house is now running at full capacity. Luckily, this is not the first time this has happened and there are sturdy stone walls to contain it.

The stairways by Peter's house in Lourdes is a flood of muddy water. It goes to both sides of the stairway and is running very fast. Hope there are no mudslides from the construction up the mountain. Like our creek, I have no idea where it ends up, but probably the Lake and the water table is a good guess.

Various videos on facebook.

I have lived here in a house that I own not rent for 15 years and since Mr. Crowe was fixed with run off infrastructure, we are in much better shape than before. there is  big difference between sandy from construction street piles and muddy water and Hidalgo did not experience flooding like before that. No more water under our doors into our beautiful courtyard. the crap development up on the destroyed mountain will not affect us. Bet that really upsets you chillin/gary waller-SNORK!

pedro kertesz-a happy guy-jaja!

2 hours ago, Ferret said:

A part of the retaining wall for the Niza's development above Peter's collapsed. That oughta put a damper on sales.

Let's hope. I learned last week who is responsible for that development but it will never affect them, so no carma and I am safe too but the people in Upper  Lourdes are not.

known as PEDRO kertesz for over 30 years.

pool shark pedro b.jpg

I was in town yesterday morning around 9 am near the FC Calzada hardware store with the 2 bricklayers that work for me. Even know the rain screwed up part of my day, I stopped my car for a while just to watch the water cascading down the stairs near by it was cool to watch. Not to mention the main drag that turned in to a river. 

47 minutes ago, HoneyBee said:

I was in town yesterday morning around 9 am near the FC Calzada hardware store with the 2 bricklayers that work for me. Even know the rain screwed up part of my day, I stopped my car for a while just to watch the water cascading down the stairs near by it was cool to watch. Not to mention the main drag that turned in to a river. 

Like I already said,it used to be far worse and when it was,you wouldn't have been able to park where you did because with a downpour like that Hidalgo became a lake from the immigration building to about 5 yards west of Mr  Crowe.

• Thanks 1

A fool's paradise. It is better though, since you used to have the largest tope before San Juan Cosala, right in front of your house. Magnet for jake brakes and drunk drivers.

And by the way, you can give yourself a Mexican name, as a rascist in joke for your old hockey goats, but you are in Mexico now. If you want a Mexican name you should at least be able to speak Spanish above toddler level, if that, especially if you have been here full time so many years PETER.

24 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

A fool's paradise. It is better though, since you used to have the largest tope before San Juan Cosala, right in front of your house. Magnet for jake brakes and drunk drivers.

And by the way, you can give yourself a Mexican name, as a rascist in joke for your old hockey goats, but you are in Mexico now. If you want a Mexican name you should at least be able to speak Spanish above toddler level, if that, especially if you have been here full time so many years PETER.

Reality is not your strong suit gary waller but your envy sure shows up a lot when you write about me.-SNORK!

DON pedro kertesz

IMG_1007.jpg