Chapala.com Webboard

Mandatory vaccines ?

1 hour ago, Jim Bowie said:

The FDA calls them "unapproved medical vaccines" and has given them Emergency Authorization because of actions by the Secy of State. When and if they become approved by the regular process, the "unapproved" status will be removed to "approved". That has not happened and possibly could never happen.

just because the are classified as emergency doesn't make them safe--DAAAAH--!!

• Like 1

On 8/13/2021 at 6:39 PM, Jreboll said:

Seat belts became a requirement in 1968. All of us who drove before then should be dead.  Those of us who lived before 1955 should have polio.

i got my small pox vaccine in 1953.  I should have died before then.  Should I go on? 🤨

No. Lots and lots of people died in cars before seat belts just not you. Lots of folks died from a non collapsing steering columns pushing column into their chest.  Maybe you were a more defensive driver. Maybe you didn't drive much.  Maybe you were lucky. Your logic is bad.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Jim Bowie said:

The FDA calls them "unapproved medical vaccines" and has given them Emergency Authorization because of actions by the Secy of State. When and if they become approved by the regular process, the "unapproved" status will be removed to "approved". That has not happened and possibly could never happen.

Au contraire dos!  My reading says that the Pfizer jab will get the authorization within several weeks.  Moderna, who applied later than Pfizer, will be right on their heels for authorization.  J&J I don't think has even requested authorization yet.  And your 'possibly it could never happen' is IMO just one of those things that folks throw in without ANY credibility.... just to make their position seem to have some weight, when it doesn't.

And..... I think it was not the Secretary of State but rather the HHS Secretary who makes those requests.

P.S  And isn't it great that the vaccination authorization 'process' has such a 'early use' provision when things like a worldwide pandemic rears its ugly head! The untold hundreds-of-thousands of lives saved by this 'unapproved' vaccine is testimony to it's place in the process.  But there will always be those who want to use any and all opportunities to try and undermine the effectiveness of something that they feel doesn't jibe with their slant on life. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, lcscats said:

No. Lots and lots of people died in cars before seat belts just not you. Lots of folks died from a non collapsing steering columns pushing column into their chest.  Maybe you were a more defensive driver. Maybe you didn't drive much.  Maybe you were lucky. Your logic is bad.

I *think* his 'logic' was more tongue-in-cheek, not to be taken as a position. Could be wrong, but.....

29 minutes ago, lcscats said:

No, my logic is not bad. It is similar to the ongoing pandemic situation. That just because it hasn’t got you then it never will.

• Like 2

Why don’t you go back and review this whole thread. It started by Jim Bowie saying “It’s been 12 months, shouldn’t all the non-mask wearers be dead by now?”  In other words he was belittling those who advocated mask wearing. And I in essence was saying “not all will die but the risk is still there for you and for others”

you have to follow train of thoughts here.

• Like 1

People who don't want the vaccine aren't "refusing" it. You don't say a person is "refusing" to take anti depressants. Or "refusing" to get married. You can  DECLINE without "refusing". You decide what's best for you. "Refuse" is a manipulative term, loaded with Unfair Moral Pressure.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Jim Bowie said:
People who don't want the vaccine aren't "refusing" it. You don't say a person is "refusing" to take anti depressants. Or "refusing" to get married. You can  DECLINE without "refusing". You decide what's best for you. "Refuse" is a manipulative term, loaded with Unfair Moral Pressure.

Credit goes to Ben Irvine, a pizza delivery driver in London who is also a free lance writer.  

1 hour ago, Jim Bowie said:

I decline to follow your logic.  I’m not refusing.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jim Bowie said:

You decide what's best for you. "Refuse" is a manipulative term, loaded with Unfair Moral Pressure.

You can decide that driving home drunk is what's best for you, too. That doesn't mean it's allowed, or that laws against it are "loaded with unfair moral pressure".

Deciding whether to get married or not doesn't put other people at risk of getting sick or dying.

You people have a really hard time thinking straight.

• Like 2

On 8/15/2021 at 8:13 PM, Pucelle said:

Unvaccinated people are often just as afraid of these EXPERiMENTAL gene therapies the pharmaceutical companies are calling vaccines, as you are afraid of this virus.

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-covid-vaccines/corrected-fact-check-covid-19-vaccines-are-not-experimental-and-they-have-not-skipped-trial-stages-idUSL1N2M70MW

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AndyPanda said:

I think the term unfair moral pressure is just the latest excuse for those who avoid responsibility to their fellows.

I believe in mandatory vaccines.

Well you may want to consider relocating because In this country it's never gonna happen.

6 hours ago, southernguy said:

Well you may want to consider relocating because In this country it's never gonna happen.

It has already happened: You must be vaccinated for some diseases before going to public schools, etc.

You must....

Have a licence to drive, pilot a plane or passenger boat, sell insurance, real estate, perform medical operations, etc.

You must be certified to teach in most states. Perhaps you are from a state where that is not required.  Oh well......it is all in a name.

3 hours ago, RVGRINGO said:

It has already happened: You must be vaccinated for some diseases before going to public schools, etc.

You must....

Have a licence to drive, pilot a plane or passenger boat, sell insurance, real estate, perform medical operations, etc.

You must be certified to teach in most states. Perhaps you are from a state where that is not required.  Oh well......it is all in a name.

We had no choice when we were kids

4 hours ago, RVGRINGO said:

You must....

Please correct me but are you referring to Mexico or New Mexico ☺️ 

• Haha 1