Chapala.com Webboard

Mandatory vaccines ?

On 8/11/2021 at 11:22 AM, Pucelle said:

How many of you are aware that a deficiency of Vitamin D, which is actually a very powerful steroid hormone, and is important for a healthy immune system, may have implications in 9 out of 10 deaths in hospitalized patients ?   Apparently 78 % of hospitalized Covid patients are also overweight or obese.  

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33260798/

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/78-of-covid-19-patients-hospitalized-in-the-us-overweight-or-obese-cdc-finds.html

Do be aware unlike Vitamin C you can take too much Vitamin D.  I suggest a lab test to get a baseline.  Vitamin D can be stored in the body Vitamin C cannot.  

Those who live in sunny climates, unless they constantly smear themselves in sunscreen or completely cover themselves when out in the sun are highly unlikely to be vitamin D deficient. 

I was curious as to how much sun exposure is necessary to get the daily recommended dose of vitamin D and looked it up years ago. 10 minutes/day. So even if you wanted to make sure you were getting more than that, most people in sunny climes would get that without even trying.

• Like 1

Agree that a lab test is a very good idea, especially since it helps one see how much supplementation might be needed. Studies show that 42 % of people in the US are deficient, and that percentage is much higher among certain groups. 
According to the Mayo Clinic,  Vit D toxicity is rare and requires an individual to take 60,000 units daily for several months.

Interestingly, Dr. Fauci has stated that he supplements with both C and D because they can help one fight infections.

• Like 1

'Your child will wait for another child to die.' Amid Covid-19 surge, Dallas County has no pediatric ICU beds left, county judge says - CNN

A year ago the anti mask crowd was screaming the economy will crash with mask mandates.  Well I guess they were right, now that the young are dying off there will be no engine to drive the economy.  How ironic is that?

Canada to require proof of vaccination starting this fall for all air, rail and cruise travelers.  

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/08/13/1027498555/canada-vaccination-air-travelers-requirement

All passengers and workers on commercial air flights in Canada will soon have to prove they've been vaccinated against the coronavirus. Canada's government will also require all federal workers to be vaccinated, citing a "dynamic public health situation" due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The new travel vaccination policy will apply to passengers and workers in the federally regulated air, rail and cruise ship sectors. It will be enacted "as soon as possible in the fall and no later than the end of October," the Canadian Treasury Board said on Friday.

• Like 2

On 8/13/2021 at 10:23 AM, lcscats said:

Do be aware unlike Vitamin C you can take too much Vitamin D.  I suggest a lab test to get a baseline.  Vitamin D can be stored in the body Vitamin C cannot.  

Where I live in Florida(senior community) most people do like me and take 2000 units of D3 a day.  Also between the pool, shuffleboard, Bocce and walking places we are in the sun quite a bit. Ne ver heard of D overdose.

• Like 1

Copied and shared. Well said!🎯🎯🎯
“I can’t meet people halfway when the halfway point exists in a conspiratorial land of make believe. This isn’t a both-sides issue.
It’s a one-side issue, and you’re either getting the vaccine and helping bail us out of this achingly long pandemic or you’re being ridiculous.
I keep hearing how we just need to reach out to the unvaccinated and coax them along and explain why getting the vaccine is important.
I bought that when vaccines first came out around the beginning of the year.
But c’mon, it’s August. More than 166 million Americans are fully vaccinated, and guess what?
You, the willfully unvaccinated, are the reason the deadlier and more contagious delta variant of the coronavirus has unleashed hell across swaths of the country, largely in areas that — surprise! — have low vaccination rates.
TheCenters for Disease Control and Prevention recently reported that 99% of COVID-19 deaths and more than 97% of COVID-19 hospitalizations now involve people who have not been vaccinated.
Which part of this is confusing to you?
On Aug. 9, CNBC sent a tweet with a link to a story, and that tweet read “Vaccines are being required for travel — here’s how unvaccinated people feel about that.”
As a vaccinated person who has followed the rules laid out by medical experts, I don’t give a ferret’s rear end how unvaccinated people feel about that. If you want to travel, get vaccinated.
The Wall Street Journal recently tweeted one of its stories about vaccinations, and the tweet read, in part, that “the unvaccinated are growing testy over being excluded and feeling judged.”
Oh, no. You’re feeling testy and judged? How terrible. I’m feeling volcanically outraged that ICU beds in Florida and Texas are filling up with unvaccinated COVID-19 patients of all ages as politically sadistic Republican governors ban mask and vaccine mandates while simultaneously getting ventilators from the federal government and help from out-of-state health workers.
It’s awful that you’re feeling excluded from things because you chose to get health advice from a manic pillow magnate and not your doctor.
I’ll gladly offer a shoulder to cry on as soon as I STOP WORRYING ABOUT A VACCINE-EVADING VARIANT RISING UP FROM THE UNCONTROLLED INFECTIONS BROUGHT ON BY YOUR TRAGICALLY LOOSE GRIP ON REALITY!!!
You, the unvaccinated, are endangering others. And your go-to excuse — “If you’re vaccinated, you’re safe, so why do you care?” — is several steps past ignorant.
I am vaccinated, and that does make me quite safe, but I care for reasons I will now recite rapid-fire:
Children 12 and under still can’t get vaccinated and more of them are getting sick with the delta variant and there are vulnerable people who can’t get the vaccine for other medical reasons and front-line workers in hospitals are already exhausted and now they’re dealing with a new wave of largely preventable infections and vaccinated people who need non-COVID medical procedures done are being told they have to wait and while most people who get COVID survive there are still concerns about future health issues and some who survive come out with damaged lungs and hearts and other health problems that will cause long-term disability and all of this was horrible when we had no vaccine and little understanding of the virus
BUT NOW IT’S HAPPENING WHEN WE HAVE A VACCINE AND ALL IT TAKES TO ADDRESS EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE CONCERNS IS FOR PEOPLE TO GET THEIR SHOTS!
I’m weeks past caring about the feelings of the unvaccinated-by-choice. I’m not your dad. It’s not my job to gently explain accurate, readily available information so you can turn around and say, “Well, but on the other hand, I read this thing on the internet that said it gives you butt warts.”
The same phone you use to send a tweet slamming Anthony Fauci can be used to find information that fully explains why the vaccines are safe.
And every minute you don’t get those shots is another minute you’re putting people at risk and contributing to a school being shut down or a mask mandate getting reinstated.
If you feel you’re being judged harshly, it’s because you are. I want you to feel uncomfortable.
Because it’s high time sane people in this country stopped pretending there’s a middle ground between sensible and selfish.
rhuppke@chicagotribune.com

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Yes, well said. 

I have an adult 50 YO daughter who hasn't and won't get vaccinated. The only one in the extended family of 15 or so who is/has not. Maybe not ironically she is also the only one who lives outside of Colorado in Texas. She visited recently (Colorado) and I, an eighty YO fully vaccinated, had to decide whether to 'see' her or skip the opportunity. She, who I love dearly, doesn't appear to get that her position puts others at risk.  Sigh.

1 hour ago, rotwein said:

Where I live in Florida(senior community) most people do like me and take 2000 units of D3 a day.  Also between the pool, shuffleboard, Bocce and walking places we are in the sun quite a bit. Ne ver heard of D overdose.

It’s always good to have your doctor check your blood levels.  I was taking 4000 units but recently upped it to 5000 units.

Certainly understand your frustration, Ferret.  Many of us are frustrated and confused. Scapegoating the unvaccinated may not be the answer, however.

How can you be so sure of what is responsible for the variant ?  Many medical

” experts “  are in disagreement about this topic. 

Unvaccinated people are often just as afraid of these EXPERiMENTAL gene therapies the pharmaceutical companies are calling vaccines, as you are afraid of this virus. 30 states  currently have 50 % or less fully vaccinated people. That speaks volumes about the lack of trust that exists. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

You have concluded that it is a  'lack of trust' that is causing the lower rate. In my opinion yours is just an opinion....and when you say 'many' experts do you mean a significant % of the 'experts' are in disagreement? Or maybe is your 'many' a statistically low number but it gives a 'position' on a subject some heightened but 'false' credibility.

And IMO  calling the current vaccines EXPERIMENTAL gene therapies is disengenuous and flies in the face of something that is actually saving untold lives worldwide.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

10 hours ago, RickS said:

I have an adult 50 YO daughter who hasn't and won't get vaccinated. The only one in the extended family of 15 or so who is/has not

Same here. My youngest and her partner are fully vaccinated, as is the oldest, her husband, and the 2 teenagers. My middle one has fallen for all the antivax stuff, won't get vaxxed or her teenagers. She was begging me not to get vaxed, she actually is so afraid it's dangerous. Was bombarding me with links to anti-vax propaganda, but now says it should be a personal choice, which angers me for obvious reasons.

Its the daughter who is the sweetest, and who I've always been closest to, so it's a really painful situation. When I ask her if she really never wants to hang out with me or her sisters again, she is hurt and can't understand why her "personal choice" would override family love and getting together. And she is far from stupid.

We are all, for the most part,  just stating our opinions , Rick S.  However I am calling these “ vaccines “ experimental because, unlike other vaccines, we have no long term studies to prove their safety or consequences. Only time will tell ….

o.k. Imho, this speaks volumes about the lack of trust. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Pucelle said:

we have no long term studies to prove their safety or consequences. Only time will tell ….

Do you really think vaccine development is some new field of study? The scientists are working with proven methods that have been established long ago. You have fallen for the anti-vax propaganda.

All medications can have unwanted side effects and harm some people. I've never had a flu shot in my life, I'm 71, have a strong immune system and haven't had the flu in 25 years. But getting vaxxed for Covid is a no-brainer, because not doing so is extremely dangerous- we know what happens to people who get a bad case of Covid and it isn't pretty. 

And not getting vaxed means you don't give a hoot about others, or society getting back to normal, so just stay home with your opinions for company, please, because you're a danger to your fellow humans. 

11 minutes ago, Pucelle said:

We are all, for the most part,  just stating our opinions , Rick S.  However I am calling these “ vaccines “ experimental because, unlike other vaccines, we have no long term studies to prove their safety or consequences. Only time will tell ….

o.k. Imho, this speaks volumes about the lack of trust. 

The FDA calls them "unapproved medical vaccines" and has given them Emergency Authorization because of actions by the Secy of State. When and if they become approved by the regular process, the "unapproved" status will be removed to "approved". That has not happened and possibly could never happen.

1 hour ago, Jim Bowie said:

The FDA calls them "unapproved medical vaccines" and has given them Emergency Authorization because of actions by the Secy of State. When and if they become approved by the regular process, the "unapproved" status will be removed to "approved". That has not happened and possibly could never happen.

"TRUST BUT VERIFY"  !!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, mudgirl said:

Do you really think vaccine development is some new field of study? The scientists are working with proven methods that have been established long ago. You have fallen for the anti-vax propaganda.

All medications can have unwanted side effects and harm some people. I've never had a flu shot in my life, I'm 71, have a strong immune system and haven't had the flu in 25 years. But getting vaxxed for Covid is a no-brainer, because not doing so is extremely dangerous- we know what happens to people who get a bad case of Covid and it isn't pretty. 

And not getting vaxed means you don't give a hoot about others, or society getting back to normal, so just stay home with your opinions for company, please, because you're a danger to your fellow humans. 

what we have here is bio warfare tested on us-!!

• Like 1