Chapala.com Webboard

J and J vac.

Phil,

https://coronavirus.jalisco.gob.mx/ruta-de-la-vacunacion/   Scroll to close to the end of the site and you will see where, when and what is available (this site doesn't update in a timely manner).  It appears that Sinovac and AstraZeneca are the only vaccines available at this time.  No vaccines are available to purchase yet.

13 hours ago, phil in mexico said:

Is  the J and J  vac. available in jalisco for purchase of otherwise ?

No vaccine is available for purchase in Mexico at this time. Distribution is under the control of the Feds. J&J doses from NOB are being applied, but so far as I can research, only to the border areas where the migrant issue needs immediate attention.

8 hours ago, Kiko said:

Everyone is an expert in immunology nowadays,

On an even funnier note, by time the Chinese had their Sinovac vaccine the number of citizens infected was so low the efficacy numbers were impossible to get. Of course those news and internet experts gave their honest opinion similar to an onion saying the Chinese vaccine isn't good. Meanwhile China from 4 months after the pandemic start is doing pretty good. 

Good luck finding a vaccine. I find it ridiculous that after all this time production and delivery isn't meeting requirements. The first problem of getting vaccines out there was a nations acceptance then the US, UK and a couple EU nations pushing some nations to not accept a competing brands vaccine. I do know when a vaccine is available get it. You never know how bad it will get. Either the natural evolution or jokers out to spread the virus through even religion isn't looking good.

Best of luck to everyone.

3 minutes ago, Stream said:

On an even funnier note, by time the Chinese had their Sinovac vaccine the number of citizens infected was so low the efficacy numbers were impossible to get. Of course those news and internet experts gave their honest opinion similar to an onion saying the Chinese vaccine isn't good. Meanwhile China from 4 months after the pandemic start is doing pretty good. 

Good luck finding a vaccine. I find it ridiculous that after all this time production and delivery isn't meeting requirements. The first problem of getting vaccines out there was a nations acceptance then the US, UK and a couple EU nations pushing some nations to not accept a competing brands vaccine. I do know when a vaccine is available get it. You never know how bad it will get. Either the natural evolution or jokers out to spread the virus through even religion isn't looking good.

Best of luck to everyone.

Yes, the selling of vaccines to governments is big business. So the procducers of vaccines may have differnt prorities than us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Stream said:

No one in their right mind believes any data from the Chinese government on their handling of this virus.  I have a nephew who teaches in Beijing and has lived there for 7 years.  His on-the-ground real life experience during the pandemic in China differs wildly from your statement.  

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/02/millions-under-strict-lockdown-china-covid-outbreak

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

No one in their right mind believes any data from the Chinese government on their handling of this virus.  I have a nephew who teaches in Beijing and has lived there for 7 years.  His on-the-ground real life experience during the pandemic in China differs wildly from your statement. I wouldn't take a UK based news organizations ideas as gospel. Try looking at their stance on herd immunity (everyone catch it so what if the elders die) and no ICU for older people during the pandemic. Of course a lockdown is acted like it's horrible while England is slowly realizing they better lockdown because it's not just a cold or flu. It kills cells and has life lasting effects. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/02/millions-under-strict-lockdown-china-covid-outbreak

Yah I don't doubt the same Chinese went to American universities to learn just lie to make it look good. NY and some other states didn't act much different to justify opening or not closing businesses. It would almost be a comedy act if it wasn't everyone's health at stake. China had virus numbers down for awhile but it always comes back like in any other country. At least China has created big hospitals and is more concerned about getting the virus numbers under control. Asians have no aversion to wearing a mask and will wear onee out of consideration for others when they have a cold or the flu. American's and some others well fat chance. 

I've mentioned it before about how this is a SARS variety and that type does vectors/variants that can get ugly. I have no qualms about lockdowns if it's for stopping the odds of one of the very dangerous variants popping up which is much like what we see with many variants having countries names. 

I hope your nephew is doing okay with the contract he got with the Chinese government. How much of an interruption has the pandemic been to his teaching? Becoming a tutor pays better and he can get better contacts with less people to be exposed to. My nephew did that foreign teaching route and now has his own tutoring company not having to teach and just operates the business. Much better for him.

Goodd luck with the modern worlds insanity :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stream said:

Yah I don't doubt the same Chinese went to American universities to learn just lie to make it look good. NY and some other states didn't act much different to justify opening or not closing businesses. It would almost be a comedy act if it wasn't everyone's health at stake. China had virus numbers down for awhile but it always comes back like in any other country. At least China has created big hospitals and is more concerned about getting the virus numbers under control. Asians have no aversion to wearing a mask and will wear onee out of consideration for others when they have a cold or the flu. American's and some others well fat chance. 

I've mentioned it before about how this is a SARS variety and that type does vectors/variants that can get ugly. I have no qualms about lockdowns if it's for stopping the odds of one of the very dangerous variants popping up which is much like what we see with many variants having countries names. 

I hope your nephew is doing okay with the contract he got with the Chinese government. How much of an interruption has the pandemic been to his teaching? Becoming a tutor pays better and he can get better contacts with less people to be exposed to. My nephew did that foreign teaching route and now has his own tutoring company not having to teach and just operates the business. Much better for him.

Goodd luck with the modern worlds insanity :)

What has the USA have to with it (other then giving free vaccine to Canadians in need).

18 minutes ago, HoneyBee said:

What has the USA have to with it (other then giving free vaccine to Canadians in need).

Be sure to think about what I tell you. Hopefully you are ready and not still on a roll with the fanaticism news and fear has you on. If you would of watched the numbers of deaths climbing in the USA and other locations it, the fatality count, was slow at first because that's just how it works when infected numbers are low. You already know yound people with no medical problems survived with the initial variants. But again China locked down with massive decontamination projects around cities when the virus was first identified. There's your low numbers while the US nuts were saying it's only a cold or flu. China warned it's a SARS virus while the US piddled around whining about masks or having to quarantine but in the same breath flogged millions are dead in China. That is true insanity they pushed saying the virus is killing millions in China but the US doesn't have to worry because we are cool so lock downs and mass decontamination's aren't required. It's a battle of numbers. The lower you keep the infect number the less it spreads and the less the number of deaths go.

I find the US pandemic response a joke. If you can't see what the US has to do with it in my response to Bisbee Gal by realizing the US and everyone else didn't lock down like China to snub the spread and have low deaths and the US was even packing infected persons with care home elders in NYC I don't think you don't understand what it takes to stop the spread. If you see China building numerous thousands of beds hospitals in a week and US cities only putting up tents in parks I guess they are just looking forward to having done the biggest "punking" of the American people in history. 

• Thanks 2

On 8/11/2021 at 5:54 AM, HoneyBee said:

On a side note, the US is shipping millions of vaccine doses to Mexico. Also does operation warp speed ring a bell ?

The wind of operation warp speed makes everyone like a wind chime in the wind. We are taking a beating that's for sure.

• Confused 1

Actually and I should choke on this but Trump did a good job with operation warp speed.   Your two A.Zenica shots came from this program.  Also A.Zenica will make no profit from selling the vaccine. Cost is 3 dollars compared to 25 dollars for Pfizer.  Now I will choke for praising a Trump program.

• Haha 1