Chapala.com Webboard

AND BACK TO RED WE GO!

jrod

Where are we all going with this...it's crazy!!! 

I just got my second shot today so feel that I am 99% protected. I will continue my daily walks along the SAT malecon and up around town sin mask. Of course I will reluctantly put it on when required; Walmart, Super Lake and entering a restaurant, but not eating. I feel lucky that this has happened in the latter time of my life, when I have become a happy semi-recluse but feel bad seeing very young kids, and even adults alone or driving wearing masks. I am quite aware of the seriousness of this but all of this snake oil stuff and panic attacks are just beyond the pale...pleeeeze!!!    

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, gringohombre said:

I just got my second shot today so feel that I am 99% protected.

What you "feel" isn't based on science. It takes a couple weeks after getting a vax for it to be fully effective, it doesn't happen the instant you get vaxxed.

And you shouldn't judge whether others should be wearing masks when you see them driving alone with a mask on- perhaps they just had someone in their car with them, or are about to pick another person up or share the vehicle with family members. You might see me alone in my car with a mask on if I'm in an area where maskless vendors run up to my car window at every stop light, talking 6 inches from my face, trying to get me to buy whatever they're selling.

You also don't know if someone is immune compromised, like my friend who has been through cancer, or hasn't been able to be vaxxed yet.

And why would you feel bad seeing very young kids with masks on? Would you feel better seeing them in the hospital? There are at least 30 children in hospital in Florida right now with Covid, some of them in the ICU. If I had children in my care now, I'd certainly be having them wear masks if out in populated public places, just as I would stop them from running out onto a busy street. It's called keeping them safe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mudgirl said:

What you "feel" isn't based on science. It takes a couple weeks after getting a vax for it to be fully effective, it doesn't happen the instant you get vaxxed.

And you shouldn't judge whether others should be wearing masks when you see them driving alone with a mask on- perhaps they just had someone in their car with them, or are about to pick another person up or share the vehicle with family members. You might see me alone in my car with a mask on if I'm in an area where maskless vendors run up to my car window at every stop light, talking 6 inches from my face, trying to get me to buy whatever they're selling.

You also don't know if someone is immune compromised, like my friend who has been through cancer, or hasn't been able to be vaxxed yet.

And why would you feel bad seeing very young kids with masks on? Would you feel better seeing them in the hospital? There are at least 30 children in hospital in Florida right now with Covid, some of them in the ICU. If I had children in my care now, I'd certainly be having them wear masks if out in populated public places, just as I would stop them from running out onto a busy street. It's called keeping them safe.

Fake News!!! I don't mean to be flip but please check further and you will find that the vast amount of kids affected have multiple kinds of pre-conditions.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

10 hours ago, gringohombre said:

Where are we all going with this...it's crazy!!! 

I just got my second shot today so feel that I am 99% protected. I

I guess you don't watch the news..... reporting that many who have the Delta variant now had already been vaccinated TWICE? Or the fact that being fully vacc'd does NOT prevent you getting sick... just hopefully not AS sick as you might have been?

You don't have to LIKE wearing a mask....nobody does.... but it beats being in an ICU or having severe after-effects several months into the future. So I'll be sure to watch for you on the streets of SA if I'm out so I can cross the street to avoid being in contact.

• Like 5

Latest study shows vaccinated people can get and transfer the virus for four days and Unvaccinated people can transfer the virus for ten days.  Sure to be sure we need a backup study but until than I am going to act like this is true for myself and others.  Its time for masks again until we know more.

• Like 2

Science is never settled, just a conclusion that has yet to be disproven. When it is, as MC mentions, it is appropriate to explain why and in this case to apologize for the misinformation. Scientists, real scientists, never say "this is the last word". People with an agenda, right or left, love to say "science has proven...".

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HoneyBee said:

In the MSN news today there is a story about a nurse in a vaccination center in Germany that injected over 8000 patient with a saline based liquid instead of the vaccine. How the hell can that happen ?😒 

You are asking a time old question. How can evil people find ways to avoid detection and commit their evil deeds. Let us know when you have the answer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Natasha said:

I guess you don't watch the news..... reporting that many who have the Delta variant now had already been vaccinated TWICE? Or the fact that being fully vacc'd does NOT prevent you getting sick... just hopefully not AS sick as you might have been?

You don't have to LIKE wearing a mask....nobody does.... but it beats being in an ICU or having severe after-effects several months into the future. So I'll be sure to watch for you on the streets of SA if I'm out so I can cross the street to avoid being in contact.

What percentage of vaxxed people are in ICU's or have died? Let us know if you find any numbers above .1%. That means 99.9% aren't. My odds of being in a car wreck are greater than that...especially at Lakeside.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, gringohombre said:

Fake News!!! I don't mean to be flip but please check further and you will find that the vast amount of kids affected have multiple kinds of pre-conditions.

So sorry about those here who posted the "SAD" and "CONFUSED" cartoon images on my post...can I get you a cup of hot tea or a lemonade? Our culture is going backwards, substituting cave art for something as progressive as the English language. Why not just put your hands on the keyboard, get your brain in motion and lay out a case for what you are sad or confused about. I am about to present mine here to show that kids do not need nor should wear masks with details from the largest study on this subject so far:

NATURE

Nature is a British weekly scientific journal founded and based in London, England. As a multidisciplinary publication, Nature features peer-reviewed research from a variety of academic disciplines, mainly in science and technology. Wikipedia

Deaths from COVID ‘incredibly rare’ among children

Studies find that overall risk of death or severe disease from COVID-19 is very low in kids.

A comprehensive analysis of hospital admissions and reported deaths across England suggests that COVID-19 carries a lower risk of dying or requiring intensive care among children and young people than was previously thought.

In a series of preprints published on medRxiv1–3, a team of researchers picked through all hospital admissions and deaths reported for people younger than 18 in England. The studies found that COVID-19 caused 25 deaths in that age group between March 2020 and February 2021.

About half of those deaths were in individuals with an underlying complex disability with high health-care needs, such as tube feeding or assistance with breathing.

Of 3,105 deaths from all causes among the 12 million or so people under 18 in England between March 2020 and February 2021, 25 were attributable to COVID-19 — a rate of about 2 for every million people in this age range. None had asthma or type-1 diabetes, the authors note, and about half had conditions that put them at a higher risk than healthy children of dying from any cause.

Having been a businessman all my life, I am used to analyzing options and making decisions for situations as they come up for the best ultimate outcome. You have to take the best information that you can gather and weigh the FACTS to be able to come to the best conclusion. You cannot rely on Fake News or ill informed posters on all of those stupid Social Media platforms. Based on the study above and other information I have gathered from reliable sources it is clear that forcing little kids to wear masks is the absolute WRONG way to approach the situation. Have you seen the distress and crying plus the lack of interaction with both adults and thier peers? There are highly respected Pediatricians and child Psychiatrists who project that there will be major problems for these kids in the future including Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). There already signs of this in adolescents with extreme crime and domestic violence increases. Add to this the strong possibility of future mental health problems and suicides. Is it worth all this in spite of the proven facts as stated above of the infantisable chance of children dying or even getting sick from Covid-19? I think not, and rest my case.

57 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

The study you quote was done for cases up to Feb, 2021. The Delta variant has changed things. The kids coming down with serious Covid now do not, by and large, suffer from pre-existing conditions.

Wearing a mask doesn't kill anyone. Covid does.

I am just weighing the facts as in a cost/benefits analysis, and they are still way in favor of my argument.

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, RickS said:

How many of you are impressed by someone shouting "Fake News" all the time....  Very endearing, no?

Does the TRUTH hurt???

Pew Research: About two-thirds of U.S. adults say they get news at least sometimes from news websites or apps (68%) or search engines, like Google (65%). About half (53%) say they get news from social media, and a much smaller portion say they get news at least sometimes from podcasts (22%).

Does that tell you something about how we are ending up with the politicians that are being elected in North America???

• Sad 1

hey think Sinovac does not neutralize that one and they are not so sure about the other vaccines either.. Good luck to everyone. 3 more people I know got covid this week teo 20 year old and a 40 year old who almost died. None of them are overwight or have health problems..

Starting Monday, San Cristobal announced that ehy will fine people who do not have masks.. It is going to get interesting since no one at the market pay any attention to the announcements and the market people are known not to be easy on the police..