Chapala.com Webboard

Gas Liquado strike in Mexico City & State

The LP gas distributers are on strike as of August 4th in Mexico City and D.F. in protest of the August 1st government cap on prices. 38,000 trucks parked!   No LP gas available there!! 

Is it possible that the strike will spread? Who knows . If you are low it might be time to fill up. 

• Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

The LP gas distributers are on strike as of August 4th in Mexico City and D.F. in protest of the August 1st government cap on prices. 38,000 trucks parked!   No LP gas available there!! 

Is it possible that the strike will spread? Who knows . If you are low it might be time to fill up. 

Thank you for this information. Am ordering gas today for all of my stationary tanks. 

BTW, I have now lived in two houses here where the line has developed leaks and the gas line has had to be re-routed over the roof. In the house we rented in La Huerta, a "roll" came right at me while I was sitting at a wrought iron table. It picked up the chair AND me and then set us back down. The little house that I bought, in 2016 in Riberas, had already had the pipes re-routed. In both cases, the consumption of propane dropped drastically. The previous owner of this house said that the propane lasted a long time and she wasn't kidding. I replaced the 300 litre tank with one that is 180 litres because the tank was twenty years old. I last filled it in December of 2019.  Because of this thread, I went out to check... still have 25%. Time to order although that would probably last another two months. imho, NO houses should be built here with the lines underground.

9 hours ago, lcscats said:

Underground in an earthquake is different than above ground.  New gas pipes are flexible and bend.  We do have a giant gas pipeline from Manznillo to Guad and no problems. Its just about money not safety.

Thank you

Most problems cause locally I would suggest are caused by schoody  workmanship and using galvanized pipes,  been there done that