Chapala.com Webboard

Comment from Hector Espana, Expat Community Liaison

HarryB

3 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

The headline says Aug 10 (tomorrow)...the fine print says starting Tuesday and the post text says from Aug 10 - 13. A little confusing but am assuming that as the last time it will be the 4 days. 

How does that get to be confusing August 10 is tomorrow, which is Tuesday and it will last until the 13th, Friday?

On 8/4/2021 at 12:10 PM, HoneyBee said:

Out of curiosity, who is the Vaccine maker that currently has the best rating.

Source: Asociación Mexicana de Infectología y Microbiología Clínica, a Mexican research group. Comparison on efficacy and effectiveness as of July 2021.

221343185_4421483461207987_5952104523263315508_n.png

55 minutes ago, WideSky said:

How does that get to be confusing August 10 is tomorrow, which is Tuesday and it will last until the 13th, Friday?

Here is the post just before mine   can you read the headline...It says AUG 10 and also people 50 - 59 years old! Following my post someone posted what appears to be an updated notice that includes the full 4 days and correct ages. Who is confused?1409942726_Screenshot2021-08-07at09-19-23LakeChapalaCOVID-19Group.png.jpg.03833f7c4eac7320d389bc2ee7bff41a.jpg

1 hour ago, jrod said:

Source: Asociación Mexicana de Infectología y Microbiología Clínica, a Mexican research group. Comparison on efficacy and effectiveness as of July 2021.

221343185_4421483461207987_5952104523263315508_n.png

Thank you for this information. Looks like Pfizer is the one to go with. On a lighter note, I was watching a program about the reintroduction of baby crocodiles in Florida. They were about 1 foot in length and they were being injected a microchip to track them during there entire adult life. So if you have the Sinovac vaccination maybe its best that you buy Chinese food at least once a week in order not to upset the great leader. ☺️  

• Haha 1

The chart has an error in it. The A.Z. second shot is two to three month after the first shot rather than three months on the chart.  If it were three months we wouldn't be able to get our second doses until September if you got the June jab.  I also suggest folks who got the J&J shot do some research as it doesn't look good for Delta variant coverage.  Maybe a shot of Pfizer??  Do the research.  I got an A.Z. shot waited two months and just got a Pfizer shot as per Canadian, French, and German protocol.  Also I would study Israel results as they are having some problems with two dose Pfizer in old people, immune compromised folks with Delta variant. They are trying a third dose of Pfizer for old people and immune compromised folks.  Stay tuned for results in the future especially for you immune compromised folks as the vaccine effective rate falls to 50% for normal covid.  I have been vaccinated for a week and felt no side effects other than soreness at injection site which went away in two days. They do warn do not do the AZ/Pfizer combo until at least two months after first shot. Some side effects may occur.

Good luck folks and here we go again !!

22 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

The 7 on the list are those 7 that have been approved for use in MX. https://covid19.trackvaccines.org/country/mexico/

Mexican press reports today that we are supposed to get Moderna here shortly, from the US, to make up for the delayed doses of AZ and J&J that were held up by a contamination scare in Baltimore and missing documentation for importation into this country.

"La Administración Biden está trabajando con México y Moderna para alcanzar un medio legal y regulatorio para la donación que se espera que finalice en los próximos días, según una de las personas, que habló bajo condición de anonimato."