Chapala.com Webboard

Comment from Hector Espana, Expat Community Liaison

HarryB

Recently, I have been feeling a tension in the community regarding Covid immunity for seniors. Dad Harry gave me the study on expiration/ decline of vaccine effectiveness. Today, 3rd of August, I went to the Director of the municipal clinic Dr. Enrique Gutiérrez and presented him with the study.
Dr Gutiérrez called the state coordinator in Guadalajara and asked if he was aware of the Sinovac which was used for the 60+ and apparently now with the 18 – 29 has an effective life of 6 months. Would the state be doing anything to remedy this situation?
The state coordinator shared Dr Gutiérrez’s frustration with the Servants of the Nation not giving them any advance notice. Often, less than 24 hours’ notice is received by municipalities of vaccinations being given. To know anything about several months ahead of time is probably impossible, but, they would try.
In another vein the Chapala Municipal Clinic is doing covid tests and issuing official documents for those who need antigen to fly. The cost is $900p. The clinic is located in the area behind Sorianas.

233640744_356959455964151_4729818952334875947_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=j3SgibP1h1AAX-jYJkP&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=ac6f06c9bc1208ef1b6e149509c142f7&oe=61103CC3231890698_356959419297488_7566594415400535981_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=vFOS-ND3ARwAX84PeY5&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=9985debdef3abe398810f38443a19283&oe=610F2740
  • Like 1

Out of the 4 people I know who have been vaccinated and got covid, one was vaccinated with Pfyzer, one was Astrecazeneca and the other Sinovac.. the 4th one I do not know but I would guess Astrecazenaca. All are recuperating and none went to the hospital so which vaccine is best?? Hard to tell. How many people vaccinated with Sinovac died compared to people vaccinated with other beands? Anyone has that info?

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, bmh said:

Out of the 4 people I know who have been vaccinated and got covid, one was vaccinated with Pfyzer, one was Astrecazeneca and the other Sinovac.. the 4th one I do not know but I would guess Astrecazenaca. All are recuperating and none went to the hospital so which vaccine is best?? Hard to tell. How many people vaccinated with Sinovac died compared to people vaccinated with other beands? Anyone has that info?

Having the vaccine doesn't mean you can't get or transmit Covid.  It only keeps you from being hospitalized or dying.

• Thanks 1

Five comments.

Just flew to Seattle and the gentleman at the Ajijic Hospital was very gentle and explained what he was doing and how long it would take.  Can't say the same for other places.

I think some of you saying useless vaccine are scaring some folks.  Odds are that any vaccine helps you avoid the hospital. This includes Sinovac!

Delta can spread very easily. Please even if you are vaccinated wear a mask.  I know its a pain but its needed now. 

In an hour I am getting a Pfizer shot to go with my A.Zenica shot I got two months ago. We shall see how this works but Canada and Germany are suggesting this is a better solution than two shots of Pfizer or A. Zenica. You may do this two to three months after the first Astra Zenica shot but not earlier.  If an arm starts growing out of my forehead I will let you know. (humor)

In Israel they are giving a third dose of Pfizer to us old people to see if it works better on Delta variant. So pay attention to this if you have had two doses of Pfizer.

Thanks for listening and be well I hope!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dr. Fauci said some time ago, that any vaccine is better than no vaccine.

I went to the Technology Institute  and didn't know what vaccine they were giving out until someone walked down the line with a big cardboard "sign" saying "SINOVAC" 

Would I have liked one of the others? Yes.

If/When the Delta variant gets less scary, I go NOB and get one of the others.

One thing to remember is that the World and everyone in it, are now in the Third Stage Clinical Trial.

Well just got back from Walgreens and they would not give me a shot of Pfizer because I had a shot of A. Z.   So if you want to mix the vaccines don't tell them you had a first shot or tell them it was Pfizer.  Drove to CVS and got the shot no problem.  I hate lying but it seems to be needed in US to get what I wanted.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, lcscats said:

Well just got back from Walgreens and they would not give me a shot of Pfizer because I had a shot of A. Z.   So if you want to mix the vaccines don't tell them you had a first shot or tell them it was Pfizer.  Drove to CVS and got the shot no problem.  I hate lying but it seems to be needed in US to get what I wanted.

How will this affect the vaccine passports on the way?

2 minutes ago, lcscats said:

Good question but I don't care about that.  I suppose I will have to get a second shot of A.Z. if I want one of those.  My purpose is to get the best vaccine.

I appreciate your position. I would wish the "authorities" would get their act together and make getting the vaccination as easy as ordering a Big Mac at McDonald's; get in and get out.

• Like 1

What documents needed for second shot?

Guadalajara Reporter has front page article regarding some people being turned away. Both immigrants with temporal visas and nationals with voting cards issued in different states.

is the following list of documentation what this web board community understands to be needed?

1. **CURP certificate

2. utility bill showing proof of residence 

3. Green card copy front and back

4 **vaccine registration printed from mivacuna web site for 02-06-21, 50-59 demographic. (Top half of page returned to people on first vaccine day. Is there a new certificate needed from the government, or, is the top half of the original registration adequate?)

5 copy of passport.

The asterisked items 1 and 4 were the only documents that were looked at and retained by the front desk staff on 02-06-21 at the tech institute for 50-59 age group, in my personal experience.

bottom line question? What docs are needed to avoid any foreseeable issues for second shot? 

On 8/7/2021 at 9:09 PM, IkoIko said:

What documents needed for second shot?

bottom line question? What docs are needed to avoid any foreseeable issues for second shot? 

See the last line of the announcement for required documents.

https://www.chapala.com/webboard/uploads/monthly_2021_08/1409942726_Screenshot2021-08-07at09-19-23LakeChapalaCOVID-19Group.png.200ac10639b05eae43e49da663b7b3f2.png

1 hour ago, Sea said:

See the last line of the announcement for required documents.

https://www.chapala.com/webboard/uploads/monthly_2021_08/1409942726_Screenshot2021-08-07at09-19-23LakeChapalaCOVID-19Group.png.200ac10639b05eae43e49da663b7b3f2.png

The headline says Aug 10 (tomorrow)...the fine print says starting Tuesday and the post text says from Aug 10 - 13. A little confusing but am assuming that as the last time it will be the 4 days. 

Both Chapala and Jocotepec will have vaccinations from Tuesday through Friday (or until vaccines run out), August 10-13 from 8 am-4 pm, for adults aged 50-59.

This is SECOND SHOTS for AstraZeneca only. Take all docs including the Expediente de vacunación (federal vaccine record), which you can download from mivacuna.salud.gob.mx by inputting your CURP.

229119219_2119800041495278_4036777419802002528_n.jpg