Chapala.com Webboard

bbq chicken

happyjillin

I thought I would never have to do it again and my rot motor was dying on my weber anyway. Friend brought one down for me and this is the nice juicy result. most any that we have bought here, ain't nice and juicy like this according to mi esposa,our friends and me. I get the smallest I can find at Walmart or Soriana and sometimes Cornish game hen.

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I miss good roast chicken from Mexico a lot, but the one I miss the most is El Pechugon. Tender, tasty, just the right amount of grease, and exactly the same in PV as in Lakeside. They've got the recipe down. Closest one to us is in Monterrey so no thanks. Wish they were on the border.

2 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

I miss good roast chicken from Mexico a lot, but the one I miss the most is El Pechugon. Tender, tasty, just the right amount of grease, and exactly the same in PV as in Lakeside. They've got the recipe down. Closest one to us is in Monterrey so no thanks. Wish they were on the border.

Agree El Pechugon is the best rotisserie chicken here and is very versatile when I want pre-cooked bird meat to use in a recipe.  We love Don David's and Pollo Feliz for pollo al carbon for eating out of hand, but a rotiss bird lends itself better to recipes where the charcoal/smoky flavor would clash