Chapala.com Webboard

Citibanamex ATM's

Went to CiBanco ATM today. Their usage fee (not exchange rate) is up to 58 pesos .  When I was last at Costco the Citibanamex machine charged me just under 31 pesos (tax incl)......... but that was for an HSBC (Mexico) withdrawal.

Does anyone know if that's usage the fee they change for international  withdrawals as well? Because if yes,might be  heading for WM machine next time!

Gracias.

... and how do you 'replenish' your Mexican bank?  Is there a charge to do that.... assuming that your 'source' bank is in the US or Canada? Does interest earned in your Mexican bank offset any/all of this?   Just curious.

44 minutes ago, Floradude said:

You need a bank with a card that you can use in their ATM machine.  Banks do not charge if cash is withdrawn from their machine by their bank card.

As usual you don't quite pay attention to the question. I   realize I need a machine that takes my "type" of card. Citibanamex is one that does. So do CiBanco and HSBC here for that matter..

But I don't HAVE (or do I want) A Citibanamex card. So again........ asking someone who has used a Citibanamex ATM to withdraw funds from a different and out-of-Mexico bank.

17 minutes ago, RickS said:

... and how do you 'replenish' your Mexican bank?  Is there a charge to do that.... assuming that your 'source' bank is in the US or Canada? Does interest earned in your Mexican bank offset any/all of this?   Just curious.

Bancomer ATMs are free of charge if you have a checking account with them. Downside is the daily card limit is $9,300 pesos but in a crunch cash is available in the branch.  

Multiva charges $10US for an incoming wire. Ameritrade outgoing wires are free. Multiva daily interest accounts more than cover the wire fee. Transfer money between the two by cell app.

Credit cards reduce the need for physical cash. 

ATM surcharges seem to be creeping up. It's free money for the ATM owner. 

My two banks and cards are Banamex for years -- now called Citibanmex.  Also Intercam.  Intercam is my main bank. I use my debit card for everything.  I write a US Wells Fargo check about once a month and the money is deposited into my account in around 2 hours.  There is a fee that the bank takes to process the check.  My Social Security is also deposited automatically into the account.  

10 minutes ago, Floradude said:

My two banks and cards are Banamex for years -- now called Citibanmex.  Also Intercam.  Intercam is my main bank. I use my debit card for everything.  I write a US Wells Fargo check about once a month and the money is deposited into my account in around 2 hours.  There is a fee that the bank takes to process the check.  My Social Security is also deposited automatically into the account.  

Intercam is ace!  Yup, cheque from my Scotia Canadian account that quick. Debit card for hospitals and sometimes cheques to my docs and cash from the tellers for anything else AND interest on my chequeing account balance which is unheard of in Canadian banking.

Last time (~2 months ago) I used Citibanamex ATM at Walmart with U.S. debit card, I was charged 31 peso fee. One issue with Citibanamex ATM at Walmart is it limits withdrawals to 6,000 pesos. If I withdraw 12,000 pesos or more at CI Banco, their 58 peso fee is better than 31x2=62 pesos at Citibanamex.

1 hour ago, InChapala1 said:

Last time (~2 months ago) I used Citibanamex ATM at Walmart with U.S. debit card, I was charged 31 peso fee. One issue with Citibanamex ATM at Walmart is it limits withdrawals to 6,000 pesos. If I withdraw 12,000 pesos or more at CI Banco, their 58 peso fee is better than 31x2=62 pesos at Citibanamex.

THANK YOU inCHapala1.... since I was after much more than 6,000, I'll bite the bullet and keep going to CiBanco when I have to (not all that often because I get the max x 2 cards when I go). Appreciate your feedback.