Chapala.com Webboard

More info on Delta strain Covid.

And your fluffing it off like it's a big joke REALLY isn't helping at all.

I get the Reuters Health Report sent to me every single day. What's going on in the WORLD is horrifying. Try expanding your own horizons.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Unless you have the percentage of accurately diagnosed that were hospitalized, there is no way to compare the relatively small data from Mass with anything else.

And compounding this problem is a lot of faulty testing.  I see now the PCR test is being dropped because, guess what, is can't separate covid from flu.  

No, many of us do not believe government much these days.  The alternative is to be really well informed.  That almost dictates one ignores the U.S. media..

What is obvious is a climate of fear and hysteria has been generated by government and media.  This has been very destructive of credibility.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/how-misinformation-is-distorting-covid-policies-and-behaviors/

cdc.jpg

The media caused fear.jpg

You do make some valid points, but then you feel you need to put a stick into the eye of others by ending with a bias melodramatic meme. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

23 hours ago, kam said:

How is it that Mr. Coons can get as personal as he chooses and, if any of the rest of us try it, we will get slapped up side of the head?

More diversion when you are faced with the truth and have no valid response.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Jim Bowie said:

Caution: A New Variant will be discovered Every time people stop being afraid.
(Mark my words)

Reminds me of your words last year on this web board..."the kung fu virus is the same virus as the common cold,,,more people die of the flu every year than Covid,,, it will all go away tomorrow", now 612,000 dead Americans and millions in the world.

I think I will pass on your opinion this time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

I totally agree Kiko. Thanks.

I am being short shifted on reactions again so I guess I'll just have to post MORE replies. It wastes bandwidth but if it's the only way to let my opinion be known, so be it.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Whipstock said:

I may regret this post, but one thing I do agree with Mainecoons is; Censorship of facts, when they are science, is wrong.

https://jonathanturley.org/2021/07/31/twitter-suspends-science-writer-after-he-posts-results-of-pfizer-clinical-test/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Jonathon Turley appeared as a witness for GOP House members where he argued against the impeachment.  I would be very leery of anyone he defends. 

Read this, instead  https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/04/pandemics-wrongest-man/618475/

The pandemic has made fools of many forecasters. Just about all of the predictions whiffed. Anthony Fauci was wrong about masks. California was wrong about the outdoors. New York was wrong about the subways. I was wrong about the necessary cost of pandemic relief. And the Trump White House was wrong about almost everything else.

In this crowded field of wrongness, one voice stands out. The voice of Alex Berenson: the former New York Times reporter, Yale-educated novelist, avid tweeter, online essayist, and all-around pandemic gadfly.

Berenson has a big megaphone. He has more than 200,000 followers on Twitter and millions of viewers for his frequent appearances on Fox News’ most-watched shows. On Laura Ingraham’s show, he downplayed the vaccines, suggesting that Israel’s experience proved they were considerably less effective than initially claimed. On Tucker Carlson Tonight, he predicted that the vaccines would cause an uptick in cases of COVID-related illness and death in the U.S.

56 minutes ago, Whipstock said:

I may regret this post, but one thing I do agree with Mainecoons is; Censorship of facts, when they are science, is wrong.

https://jonathanturley.org/2021/07/31/twitter-suspends-science-writer-after-he-posts-results-of-pfizer-clinical-test/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Fact is: Berenson got the data points WRONG. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/covid-contrarian-alex-berenson-says-even-if-im-wrong-on-coronavirus-its-useful-to-have-me

In his thorough and utterly brutal takedown titled “The Pandemic’s Wrongest Man,” The Atlantic writer Derek Thompson took several of the former New York Times reporter’s fearmongering claims about the efficacy and safety of vaccines and presented them to actual scientists. These experts were nothing if not blunt in their appraisals of Berenson’s assertions.

“His point is absolutely stupid,” one expert said about Berenson’s claim that Pfizer’s clinical trial data proved a large percentage of patients became sick with coronavirus, pointing out that Berenson totally misunderstood a data point.

“For the past few weeks on Twitter, Berenson has mischaracterized just about every detail regarding the vaccines to make the dubious case that most people would be better off avoiding them,” Thompson noted. “As his conspiratorial nonsense accelerates toward the pandemic’s finish line, he has proved himself the Secretariat of being wrong.”

“The false claim that Berenson's repeated on Fox News this evening—that cases rise after the first dose of mRNA vaccines—was sourced to a Danish study,” Thompson followed up in another tweet. “I spoke to its lead author on the phone. She said Berenson didn't know what he was talking about.”

18 hours ago, Whipstock said:

Makes you wonder what happened to the old Voltairean principle we all learned about in civics class --  "I disapprove with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

• Like 2

At least one of the studies that was cited by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to justify changing their guidance on masks was based on a vaccine that is not authorized for use in America and was rejected by a peer review.

The study in question from researchers in India analyzed vaccine breakthrough in over 100 healthcare workers and claims to show that a COVID-19 Delta variant infection generates a higher viral load in comparison to other variants.

Despite no mention in the study of viral loads from the variant against unvaccinated individuals, the CDC cited it in yesterday’s updated brief as evidence that the Delta variant is transmissible from a vaccinated individual with a breakthrough infection.

“Studies from India with vaccines not authorized for use in the United States have noted relatively high viral loads and larger cluster sizes associated with infections with Delta, regardless of vaccination status,” the CDC said.

“These early data suggest that breakthrough Delta infections are transmissible,” the CDC’s brief goes on to say, even though the India study was conducted with a non-approved U.S. vaccine.

https://dailycaller.com/2021/07/28/study-cdc-mask-guidance-review-vaccine-india/

The person who posted the cartoon about the CDC not being able to cure stupid may have inadvertently made a point they didn't intend.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mainecoons said:

https://dailycaller.com/2021/07/28/study-cdc-mask-guidance-review-vaccine-india/

The person who posted the cartoon about the CDC not being able to cure stupid may have inadvertently made a point they didn't intend.

Interesting how the DailyCaller and you interpret data. You forced me to read ALL of the highlighted links in that piece. It was all above board and clearly emphasized the limitations/vaccines/countries etc.

YOU have posted the link, as have I, to the actual real world U.S. of A happening that was the reason behind the re-masking that the CDC undertook to suggest. Here it is AGAIN for those that missed it...Outbreak of SARS-CoV-2 Infections, Including COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough Infections, Associated with Large Public Gatherings — Barnstable County, Massachusetts, July 2021 | MMWR (cdc.gov) 

Believe it or don't believe it. Your choice. Better to be safe than sorry imho. Twisting intentions with innuendo serves no one.

Short, sweet and to the point... Fauci: Amount of virus in breakthrough delta cases 'almost identical' to unvaccinated (msn.com)

So I'm sitting here quietly amused because the unvaccinated still haven't quite realized that vaccinated people don't get as sick with Delta. VACCINATED PEOPLE ARE BEING ASKED TO MASK TO PROTECT YOU DUMB UNVACCINATED PEOPLE because when vaccinated people get infected with Delta they also carry a high virus load which can infect others. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

NO ONE here is going to have any affect on MC's postings. It and he are what they are. Like many trolls there must be a certain amount of joy received when one is able to be the lone wolf and watch the lambs suffer in disbelief. 

I guess it might be a little like, "  I'm not going to let (the troll or ?) get away with that. I'll set him/her straight!"    Wonder what it would be like if we all just started paying absolutely NO attention to them. Some things will wither on the vine ya know....

23 minutes ago, RickS said:

NO ONE here is going to have any affect on MC's postings. It and he are what they are. Like many trolls there must be a certain amount of joy received when one is able to be the lone wolf and watch the lambs suffer with disbelief. 

I guess it might be a little like, "  I'm not going to let (the troll or ?) get away with that. I'll set him/her straight!"    Wonder what it would be like if we all just started paying absolutely NO attention to them. Some things will wither on the vine ya know....

When all else fails, get personal, right Rick?  It is your favorite last resort.

You were wrong about:

Vaccination preventing you from getting covid.  Singapore, 75% of new cases among vaccinated.  Bloomberg just reported 110,000 "breakthrough" cases.  The news is coming from everywhere, U.K., Israel, all the places where most are vaccinated.  This is just the beginning.

Efficacy of Ivermectin

Efficacy of hydroxy plus zinc plus zith

Origin of covid, nope not the bats.  Not only did it come from a Chinese lab, your spiritual leader Dr. Fauci helped make it happen.

Two shots being enough.  Pfizer already telling you, you will need more.  SInovacc basically lasts 6 whole months.

Efficacy of at least some of these vaccines.

And still you all carry on parroting the party line instead of starting to ask questions and actually doing serious research on your own.  So you just keep huddling in your houses, wearing your ineffective masks, deriding treatments that real doctors have proven with real patients out in the real world, because that is what the CDC tells you.

On May 1 the CDC stopped counting covid cases among the vaccinated.  Keep this in mind when your media tells you the unvaccinated account for all the cases.

Extreme gullibility in the face of mounting evidence could be called trolling too.  :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 4

High vaccination rates could very well have put an end to death and hospitalization from Covid in the U.S.  It's the unvaccinated who are spreading mutated Covid and the vaccinated may be carrying viral loads of it BUT they are not getting very sick by comparison. Kudos to the CDC for reacting so quickly to the discovery. It's not cut and dried, it's a process of discovery that we all benefit from.

If you don't want the new mRNA vaccines because the technology is too new for you, pick another one.

As for the rest of your accusations, they have already been debunked and it's VERY old news. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Science is not the truth.  Science is finding the truth. When science changes its opinion, it did not lie to you.  It learned more.  Not my words, but from someone who is not married to their beliefs.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mainecoons said:

Snip;....

Singapore, 75% of new cases among vaccinated.  Bloomberg just reported 110,000 "breakthrough" cases.  The news is coming from everywhere, U.K., Israel, all the places where most are vaccinated.  This is just the beginning.,....snip;

Extreme gullibility in the face of mounting evidence could be called trolling too.  :D 

Facts count. So does common sense and math.

If everyone was vaccinated, every (but lower amount) of cases would be occurring in vaccinated people.

It is called base rate bias;

https://yourlocalepidemiologist.substack.com/p/israel-50-of-infected-are-vaccinated

Double 😁

• Thanks 5