Chapala.com Webboard

More info on Delta strain Covid.

In several recently published tell-all books, it was reported that the former guy tested positive for Covid several days before his public announcement. Why then did he not take hydroxy??? Instead he was treated with an experimental antibody cocktail. HMMMM

The former guy and his family were privately vaccinated in January but it wasn't reported until March????

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

snip....

Origin of covid, nope not the bats.  Not only did it come from a Chinese lab, your spiritual leader Dr. Fauci helped make it happen.

et.al

Great Post.... from here on it's 'withering on the vine' for me.....

• Like 3

The government requires several vaccinations to get into public schools and well as some instances for military duty.  They required everybody to get a polio vaccination back in the 50's and 60's.  Everybody complied.  During the big surge of the 50's, there were something like 15,000 cases that resulted in some kind of paralysis (me included) and 3,000 people died.  There have been 200 times that many deaths from Covid, so far, and some people still seem hesitant to take a vaccine that will keep you out of the hospital.  Sometimes the government makes you do things, that some individuals might not like, for the betterment of society at large.  Like speed limits, seat belts, workplace safety requirements, fire drills, clean air standards, food inspections, paying into Medicare and social security, etc.  There are many examples.  Because some are too stubborn, greedy, ignorant, or politically self serving to just do the right thing, government has stepped in for the benefit of the majority.  A day might come when this Covid vaccine will be required.  It might be a new and improved one...let's hope so.  But the un-vaccinated are causing great harm right now and it affects everybody including in non-health related ways.  Mexico has a little more room to be excused due to lack of access.  The USA has no excuse.

Alan

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8

I just got this e-mail from Barbara's Bazaar. I tried to find the other mention of those who attended their most recent Estate Sale but couldn't find it... so I'll put the contents of the e-mail here:

News from Barbaras Bazaar:

Lola tested positive yesterday making it 7 out of 7 of our employees .  So far no one is having a bad case. Who knows how it got into our circle but the close quarters of taking our crew to and from the Moving Sale we conducted July 23 & 24, made the transmission complete. 
Monday after the sale the first sick person was tested = Positive, that afternoon another , then 2 days later more (including the child of one) then Friday another, now Monday Lola is the last to test positive.
Since no records are shared with the city or state authorities I wonder how anyone counts cases in Jalisco and Chapala? Here are 7 cases .. how many more are happening. The brother of one of our guys works in a local fruit market, he went north to visit family the day our sale began, 2 days before his brother tested positive.. then he became ill.  According to the ´brother´no one else at the fruiteria is positive..I doubt that, since I know the business has very spotty use of masks,  but asi es.. 
The short of this is .. we´re closed for at least 10-15 days more, 

Ricardo and I tested negative (both fully vaccinated) and are in the USA where a wind storm tore off a section of our little ´retirement´ home in Arizona.. When we return we can begin to reopen and move on..
So be careful, no news media is really covering the outbreak in Chapala (That I know of).

Tom and Ricardo

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Kiko said:

Just to be clear, may all members use this thread to proselytize their viewpoints or only a select few?  If allowed, I have a few to share.  (Newton's third law for those who understand science.)

Only a select few. You are probably not one of them.

Anti vaxxers are still here to spout because either they or their ancestors got vaxed for the killers and maimers{sic] like smallpox,polio and whooping cough,etc.. I was given a second smallpox after immigration to Canada instead of whooping cough. I got it,our house was quarantined with a sign on the door and I thought I was going to die-whooping cough ain't much fun,you can hardly breath and when you try you make a whooping sound. Not much fun for a 7 year old kid.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

Anti vaxxers are still here to spout because either they or their ancestors got vaxed for the killers and maimers{sic] like smallpox,polio and whooping cough,etc.. I was given a second smallpox after immigration to Canada instead of whooping cough. I got it,our house was quarantined with a sign on the door and I thought I was going to die-whooping cough ain't much fun,you can hardly breath and when you try you make a whooping sound. Not much fun for a 7 year old kid.

The only communicable disease I got as a child was whopping cough in Edmonton. I was ordered to stay home from school for 2 weeks. It was not pleasant. Maybe Alberta didn't vaccinate me.