Chapala.com Webboard

More info on Delta strain Covid.

16 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

DuckDuckGo  "dissenting covid scientists censored."Don't use Google they censor searches too.

Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube? Hardly sources to be considered knowledgeable. And even at that, they were focused on right-wing, well-known loonies with degrees. And anyone undermining official sources needs to have sources of their own, not just mudslinging garbage.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube? Hardly sources to be considered knowledgeable. And even at that, they were focused on right-wing, well-known loonies with degrees. And anyone undermining official sources needs to have sources of their own, not just mudslinging garbage.

After being exposed, changing the topic is called diversion.  The point is censorship and you were wrong.  Again.

I'll bet not a one of you is aware of this highly referenced piece nor the rigorous documentation behind it.  And I'll bet none of you will read it because you really aren't interested in learning anything new or considering the possibility you've been had.

https://www.aier.org/article/the-cdcs-mask-mandate-study-debunked/

And don't give me your usual lazy ad hom BS.  Click on the references and read them and their sources.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

9 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

After being exposed, changing the topic is called diversion.  The point is censorship and you were wrong.  Again.

I'll bet not a one of you is aware of this highly referenced piece nor the rigorous documentation behind it.  And I'll bet none of you will read it because you really aren't interested in learning anything new or considering the possibility you've been had.

And don't give me your usual lazy ad hom BS.  Click on the references and read them and their sources.

Pot or Kettle?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I read this convincing factoid about Covid transmission. It can be transmitted by the passing of rectal gas. So if you don' t want to get sick, sick as a dog, emergency room sick, or die, from breathing someone else's "Pedo", wear a mask. A foul smell could very well be the last thing you remember. Ha, you laugn now, but this super spreader is out there!

22 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

I did NOT change the topic: I simply challenged your assertion. EDIT: BUT NOW I SEE WHY YOUR RESPONSE. Obviously you didn't read beyond your own headline link. Every single paragraph in your link refers to these "debunkings" coming from Twitter, Facebook and YouTube referring without foundation to reports from right-wing, well-known loonies with degrees. And here you are once again, telling us "none of you will read it". Why should we when you can't be bothered to read your own links?

And I am not wrong. But keep trying to bamboozle us. Know, however, that it doesn't work. Neither does your tactic of trying to make it personal. "Ad hominem"? "Lazy"? "BS"?

I don't think you know what ad hominem means. If you do, then you are using it incorrectly.

• Like 1

If there are a very minor amount of dissenters on any subject, MC will find them if they support his hypothesis . AND make a big deal about it like it really matters.

Science by definition contains a certain % of dissents. If something is 99% to 1%, there is some dissension. Doesn't mean that the prevailing 'thought' is erroneous, just means that every living soul on the planet did not agree.  AND it surely doesn't mean that the 1% carry any weight..... unless of course one is dead-set against the message of the 99%!

• Like 4

This pandemic has provided a very steep learning curve with information coming from every corner of the globe. I stand firmly on the side of science but acknowledge that information will still be forthcoming long after most of us aren't here to debate it. There is a youtube video from early in the pandemic showing the difference in growth of bacteria on agar plates from a person coughing without a mask and coughing with a mask. The difference is remarkable and it's a common sense "show me, I'm from Missouri" approach. (shorter video of this is the last in this post). This is common sense to me. As is, 1) wearing the mask properly 2) wearing a clean mask 3) keeping your distance 4) properly disinfecting hands 5) getting vaccinated.

CDC shares 'pivotal discovery' on Covid-19 breakthrough infections that led to new mask guidance - CNN

The actual study that changed the CDC's masking directives (also contained in the above link)... Outbreak of SARS-CoV-2 Infections, Including COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough Infections, Associated with Large Public Gatherings — Barnstable County, Massachusetts, July 2021 | MMWR (cdc.gov)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Funniest thing I saw when the virus first broke was US clowns saying millions are passing away in China. Then saying China is being draconian locking down. Uh if millions are passing away maybe uh..... Then China in one week had multiple hospitals setup to handle patients. The US had NYC as the model with tents in a park and a hospital ship hardly anybody used. NYC hospitals were used and both mixed infected and healthy piling up the dead rotting in tractor trailer trucks U-Haul trucks. The pandemic deniers sure rounded off the stupidity of figuring what's going on. 

If common sense rules it figures do what figures best like wear a mask and throw some pandemic managers away.

Balancing the stupidity of everything to figure out why everything is so lopsided I'd say denying the virus is a problem could be some persons that want to see the cities die off is having fun watching them be $%&/()s keeping the virus going. Then I haven't heard anything on a treatment drug being mass produced. Certainly a politician would brag about having that done but mute on that. 

So don't trust the fools in the US running things. They're the same ones that had cruise ships with infected going to Mexico after multiple ships were already quarantined. Hawaii caught how California had a ship with infected headed to Hawaii and said heck no get lost.

As far as masks go they help. There's an old writing from back during the black plague from a guy describing people in the streets and children running around without a care. We are seeing a similar routine these days. We know how things went with the black plague.

Ferret said:  "This is common sense to me. As is, 1) wearing the mask properly 2) wearing a clean mask 3) keeping your distance 4) properly disinfecting hands 5) getting vaccinated."

Unfortunately Ferret we both know that 'this' is just too much for some folks in a free society, with Amendment 1 rights, to swallow. "IF I CAN'T DO WHAT I WANT I MUST BE BEING DISCRIMINATED AGAINST!"   Screw the rest of you!

• Like 2

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/21030483-outbreak-of-sars-cov-2-infections-including-covid-19-vaccine-breakthrough-infections-associated-with-large-public-gatherings-massachusetts-july-30-2021

Among the 469 cases in Massachusetts residents, 346 (74%) occurred in persons who were fully vaccinated; of these, 301 (87%) were male, with a median age of 42 years. Vaccine products received by persons experiencing breakthrough infec- tions were Pfizer-BioNTech (159; 46%), Moderna (131; 38%), and Janssen (56; 16%); among fully vaccinated persons in the Massachusetts general population, 56% had received Pfizer- BioNTech, 38% had received Moderna, and 7% had received Janssen vaccine products. Among persons with breakthrough infection, 274 (79%) reported signs or symptoms, with the most common being cough, headache, sore throat, myalgia, and fever. Among fully vaccinated symptomatic persons, the median interval from completion of ≥14 days after the final vac- cine dose to symptom onset was 86 days (range = 6–178 days). Among persons with breakthrough infection, four (1.2%) were hospitalized, and no deaths were reported. Real-time RT-PCR Ct values in specimens from 127 fully vaccinated patients (median = 22.77) were similar to those among 84 patients who were unvaccinated, not fully vaccinated, or whose vaccination status was unknown (median = 21.54) (Figure 2).

Currently the states with the highest rates of Covid infection seem to be those with reduced focus on mask wearing, lockdowns, vaccinations, and controlling group activities like sporting events.  I know that wearing a mask is not a perfect answer.  Neither is a vaccination or never being in a large crowd or staying off of public transportation.  Washing hands frequently is fine but won't protect against all transmission of viruses. But I tend to believe that we all should try to be part of a solution rather than being part of the problem.  Delta and other variants are developing and spreading in part because of relaxed efforts to control Covid.  ER's are filling up in parts of Texas.  Kids are starting to get sick in larger numbers.  Folks who have been vaccinated are still getting ill and spreading it to others without being aware. 

The lockdowns and related efforts are taking a horrible toll on normal life in many ways but to pretend there isn't a problem only makes the problem drag on longer.  I sure hope this isn't the new normal but it will be if there isn't a unified effort.  We are learning as we go along and "facts" change as new evidence emerges.  As individuals we have to take personal responsibility for our own health and safety and sometimes it is inconvenient.  More so if we care about others.  That is just the way it is for now...hopefully it will change for the better soon.

Alan

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Mainecoons said:

Try reading the links that I already posted 20 hours ago. It's EXACTLY THE SAME. Does YOUR posting it somehow make it more acceptable?

• Like 1

This issue of "truth, facts" is really getting worrisome. I would hate to think that we have members who believe that the holocaust did not happen, just fake news!

But if we do not believe our respective government's for presenting the facts from any event or trials,  what are the other alternatives 

Could we all agree the Covid-19 is present and if infected is very dangerous to your health

At the start of the Pandemic the hospital, health systems were overwhelmed 

So solutions are offered and the problem starts to be under control 

I am trying to find an appropriate word...maybe Faith...or Trust...in the respective government's and pharmaceutical companies to present data, solutions, and for the respective decision makers to do what is best with the recommendations available .

For myself I am very happy to go on a cruise where the rules are 100% of the crew are vaccinated and 95% of the customers must be vaccinated  We are entering another dimension of how best to live with this new danger and maybe our lifestyle will be dramatically  altered in a way we never expected

• Like 2

Unless you have the percentage of accurately diagnosed that were hospitalized, there is no way to compare the relatively small data from Mass with anything else.

And compounding this problem is a lot of faulty testing.  I see now the PCR test is being dropped because, guess what, is can't separate covid from flu.  

No, many of us do not believe government much these days.  The alternative is to be really well informed.  That almost dictates one ignores the U.S. media..

What is obvious is a climate of fear and hysteria has been generated by government and media.  This has been very destructive of credibility.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/how-misinformation-is-distorting-covid-policies-and-behaviors/

cdc.jpg

The media caused fear.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2