Chapala.com Webboard

More info on Delta strain Covid.

Hopefully Ferret has read these same articles and can provide some links.

The first new discovery is that the Delta strain has up to 1,000 times the viral load than the Covid 19. This is why it spreads so easily.

The second new discovery is that even double vaccinated people can still spread the Delta varient. That is one reason we are back to masking and distancing.

If you are unvaccinated, you are going to get sick. The odds are overwhelming.

How about if you are unvaccinated AND unmasked, you are probably going to get sick because the odds are indeed overwhelming.

So, yes, double vaccinated can spread Delta and the people who are vaccinated will wear masks because they are socially responsible. The good news is that people who are vaccinated are unlikely to get seriously sick or die.

Fire away... and find your own damn links.

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

The second new discovery is that even double vaccinated people can still spread the Delta varient

Correct... as far as it goes. BUT... what everyone needs to get thru' their thick skulls is double-vaccinated people can spread ANY variant... AND they can (not necessarily will)  still get sick from any of them!!!   They just won't get "as" sick.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Natasha said:

BUT... what everyone needs to get thru' their thick skulls is double-vaccinated people can spread ANY variant...

Well, I and everyone that I know of DOES know this.  No thick skulls. I sometimes hear/see of.... even on this Board.... some talking about 'immunity' from Covid. That's either a misnomer on their part OR they in fact do have thick skulls. Protection but not exemption.

20 minutes ago, RickS said:

Well, I and everyone that I know of DOES know this. 

Sadly, they apparently don't. At the risk of hijacking this thread, I'll refer to an email received yesterday from a friend FROM another friend who uses FB (neither of us do) where a local was bewailing the fact that she and hubby are both fully vaccinated so expected to be safe, and now he (?both) have CoV---- saying they were "lied to and misled" .... guessing she meant immunity?.  She then went on to beg everyone to wear masks, vacc'd or not.

2 hours ago, RickS said:

Well, I and everyone that I know of DOES know this.  No thick skulls. I sometimes hear/see of.... even on this Board.... some talking about 'immunity' from Covid. That's either a misnomer on their part OR they in fact do have thick skulls. Protection but not exemption.

You are kidding me, right? Half or more of the damn responses on any Covid thread here is from hollow-heads who deny this and any other vacccine fact.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, bmh said:

I am in Chiapas right now and my neighbor and a friend of mine have covid one had 2 Pfizer shots , the other 2 Sinovac. The one with Pfizer got sicker- The one with Sinovac also has diabetis but she got better.

No 2 people react the same to covid. So, your point is ? You have not forgotten that none of the shots give 100% protection, have you?

• Like 1

Good luck whatever the facts are that mostly get bent in the news to fit a witches boiling pot of fear. The hospitals are making out royally in the bills they are writing. The politicians have a rag to chew and we.....yah oh well we just watch and react which hopefully doesn't involve a giant hospital bill.

Back-To-School.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Last time I checked, no one had God given rights or constitutional rights or any other kind of rights to put other people's lives and health at risk. Hospitals are in serious trouble because too many people can't afford to pay the bills or the co-pays and are filing for medical bankruptcy. Again, being double vaccinated means you will get less sick.

So quit whining and wear the darn mask, social distance and get over yourself.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

3 hours ago, bmh said:

I am in Chiapas right now and my neighbor and a friend of mine have covid one had 2 Pfizer shots , the other 2 Sinovac. The one with Pfizer got sicker- The one with Sinovac also has diabetis but she got better.

Not all immune systems / responses are created equally.....but being fully vaccinated is the right thing to do and way better than not being protected to whatever extent the vaccine and one's immune system respond.       More and better protection for the person and all they come into contact with.     That is a fact.        

I was betting this thread  would go on a bit longer before it became personal...Not in my wildest dreams  did I think the issue of getting vaccinated would it become a devises subject , world wide not just among this small group. Can we identify the reasons for not getting vaccinated?  ...Religion?  Fake news?  Don't have time? Have to go shopping? 

Jim Bowie my point is that two older ladies, one very healthy and the other not got covid after being vaccinated and did not get sick enough to go to the hospital. Right now tall the equipment for entubing in Chiapas is being used on non vaccinated people. and the covid hospital is at capacity with non vaccinnated people.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

I was betting this thread  would go on a bit longer before it became personal...Not in my wildest dreams  did I think the issue of getting vaccinated would it become a devises subject , world wide not just among this small group. Can we identify the reasons for not getting vaccinated?  ...Religion?  Fake news?  Don't have time? Have to go shopping? 

ddec98978d699037.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

You could've found this yourself by googling Mainecoons... the document you seek is contained within...

CDC warns in internal document that 'war has changed' with coronavirus (msn.com)

They didn't provide the data or its source.  They are still being asked for it.  From one of yours, yesterday:

The Washington Post reports Thursday that “outside scientists” are asking the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to release the “new data” cited in their announcement revising mask mandates for areas at high risk of COVID-19 transmission.

Republican legislators and some commentators noted Wednesday that the CDC did not provide an explicit scientific rationale for returning to indoor masking, even though the group’s director, Dr. Rochelle Walensky, cited “new data” in her press conference announcing the change.

It turns out, though, that political figureheads are not the only ones asking questions.

The CDC’s report, experts noted to The Washington Post, cites only “CDC COVID-19 Response Team, unpublished data, 2021,” as the agency’s scientific justification for directing even individuals vaccinated against COVID-19 to mask up when indoors if they live in a county with high rates of the disease’s delta variant.

The Post notes that the CDC justified its revised mandate by noting that “[p]eople who have had their shots and become infected with the delta variant of the coronavirus can harbor large amounts of virus just like unvaccinated people.  That means they could become spreaders of the disease and should return to wearing masks indoors in certain situations, including when vulnerable people are present.”

AOU8QCP.jpg

• Haha 3