Chapala.com Webboard

Assisted living places?

1 hour ago, vista lake said:

In la floresta are 3! Alicias place

San antonio Mi casita

In riveras like 5, there I can remember is casa nostra and casa anastasia, I can remember the name of the others. 

In chapala 1. 

I have checked all those ones thanks. Most of them are older houses that have been converted into rest homes-not too nice usually. Maybe I am thinking of something more independent.

Edited by cedros
more information

1 hour ago, vista lake said:

In la floresta are 3! Alicias place

San antonio Mi casita

In riveras like 5, there I can remember is casa nostra and casa anastasia, I can remember the name of the others. 

In chapala 1. 

Thanks I have seen about 15 of them. Not my idea of independent living. 

44 minutes ago, cedros said:

Thanks I have seen about 15 of them. Not my idea of independent living. 

Well, your original question was about "Assisted" living, not Independent living. Two different animals. 

Which are you looking for?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RickS said:

Well, your original question was about "Assisted" living, not Independent living. Two different animals. 

Looking for assisted, independent living. I guess they don't have any here.  We were hoping La Pueblita might but it doesn't appear so.

The Moon is independent but provides 2 meals a day and housekeeping.  

http://newmoonretirement.com/

Luxury Adult Community
The Moon is a luxurious facility, completed in 2018, offering long term residential rentals to independent individuals over the age of fifty. We offer hotel-style living and include breakfast and dinner, weekly housekeeping, laundry and most utilities in our monthly fee.

We have designed an exclusive community with 16 units in total including one studio, 12 one-bedroom suites and three two-bedroom, two-bathroom villas. All are ground floor units without steps.

4 hours ago, RickS said:

We have seen many places for seniors locally. The difference between assisted and independent is often blurred. 

5 hours ago, cedros said:

Looking for assisted, independent living. I guess they don't have any here.  We were hoping La Pueblita might but it doesn't appear so.

Most of the existing homes are "mixed" The only one I know of that is 100% independent living is recently opened Villa  Bella  on Acapulco st in Chapala 

11 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

Most of the existing homes are "mixed" The only one I know of that is 100% independent living is recently opened Villa  Bella  on Acapulco st in Chapala 

That one is a very dark pokey place. At least one of the bedrooms was small and had no windows. Ugly view.

10 hours ago, cedros said:

That one is a very dark pokey place. At least one of the bedrooms was small and had no windows. Ugly view.

This and your other earlier replies are the reason why yous should be doing this search by yourself.... because  individuals will always have personal likes/dislikes/wants/needs etc. and you don't seem to want to agree with anyone else on this.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 7/30/2021 at 5:48 PM, AndyPanda said:

Sadly, not on this, not on chocolate bars, not on vaccinations, not on lake levels, not on fish, not on anything. Asking for advice, and then telling almost every responder that you know more than they do, is not a way forward.

In this case I probably do

On 7/30/2021 at 5:27 PM, Natasha said:

This and your other earlier replies are the reason why yous should be doing this search by yourself.... because  individuals will always have personal likes/dislikes/wants/needs etc. and you don't seem to want to agree with anyone else on this.

Yes, La Puebelita probably has the nicest  facilities but is a bit pricey

On 7/30/2021 at 5:27 PM, Natasha said:

True. Those who liked certain places proably did not mean it. Most of the places are low stsndard.