Chapala.com Webboard

Today is 7-28-2021. Is there anyplace in Chapala where I can get my first shot?

You can TRY at the Instituto Technologia on the Libramiento today and tomorrow. If you ask at the gate which is the FIRST right when driving up to the parking lot, they may open the gate and let you drive all the way up rather than wait in line because of your age. 

They are giving Sinovac today and tomorrow. But, anything is better than nothing.

• Thanks 1

Eric if you cannot walk well just stop at the curb and ask for help and they will give you sinovac in the car, that is what they did for my husband. Take with you a copy of your registration , your ID and an electrical bill  and copy of your curp

• Like 1

May want to spend some time learning about treatment options.  They do exist.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/27/cdc-covid-19-may-be-a-few-mutations-away-from-evading-vaccines/

COVID-19 may be “just a few mutations” away from being able to evade vaccines, CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky warned Tuesday.

Walensky said the current vaccines are effective against severe cases of the coronavirus, including those caused by its known variants, but its continuing spread could allow the disease to mutate beyond the immunizations’ protection.

“The largest concern that I think we in public health and sciences are worried about is that virus and potential mutations … [have] the potential to evade our vaccine in terms of how it protects us from severe disease and death,” Walensky said at a press briefing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Hilarious. Incredibly foggy "treatment" options, including what, a single study about your golden calf remdesivir during the last ebola outbreak, and a few Chinese trials for --I say again-- treatment, that showed no statistically significant clinical benefits.

The only proven prevention is being careful and getting a vaccine. Why would you you want to be treated for anything when you can use prevention instead? Duh.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, gringohombre said:

I got my first shot of Astra Zeneca at the Tech College on June 2nd. It is now coming up to 2 months and have not seen any notices about the second shot for our group that got thier first during this week that was handled very well. Any news?

They told us in Spanish that it would be three months so its early.

11 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

Hilarious. Incredibly foggy "treatment" options, including what, a single study about your golden calf remdesivir during the last ebola outbreak, and a few Chinese trials for --I say again-- treatment, that showed no statistically significant clinical benefits.

The only proven prevention is being careful and getting a vaccine. Why would you you want to be treated for anything when you can use prevention instead? Duh.

Of course, this is why the Sinovac has been shown to be so effective, right? Yes, for some, this is better than nothing, but maybe some folks have a very healthy skepticism after all of the conflicting information the CDC and Fauci have been giving. Is the wind blowing to the east today? Masks not needed. Oh, damn! It's west...get those masks on! 

• Sad 4

Science is a learning process. There is no magic bullet. So recommendations change as new information comes to light. I don't understand why people have difficulty figuring this out. The process has been the same since the beginning OF SCIENCE.

And ANY vaccine is better than no vaccine. At this point, anyone refusing to be vaccinated because the choice is not available to them is contributing to the problem, not helping themselves or anyone else in the world. GO NORTH if you insist, but GET IT DONE.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tingting said:

Of course, this is why the Sinovac has been shown to be so effective, right? Yes, for some, this is better than nothing, but maybe some folks have a very healthy skepticism after all of the conflicting information the CDC and Fauci have been giving. Is the wind blowing to the east today? Masks not needed. Oh, damn! It's west...get those masks on! 

Yes, that's what they do, they go out and look at a weather vane. I don't blame you for being annoyed.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3