Chapala.com Webboard

Sinovac's COVID-19 protection fades after about 6 months, booster helps - studys

7 hours ago, ezpz said:

So will AMLO step up and arrange this 3rd shot, or what do we do, those of us gringos who live here year around and got the Sinovac jab?

Just my $0.02, but rumor has it private shots will be allowed in Oct. I'd wait until then.

Plus, more information will be available about mix and match shots by then. So far what I've read from the German studies, a combo is more effective. 

51 minutes ago, Whipstock said:

Just my $0.02, but rumor has it private shots will be allowed in Oct. I'd wait until then.

Plus, more information will be available about mix and match shots by then. So far what I've read from the German studies, a combo is more effective. 

I would like to know the source of your info about shots in Oct.

Whipstock, that is what they say in France as well my nephews got astrazeneca first and then pfyzer and the doctors there are saying it is more effective,,, I guess we should know in October if that is true because some of the European countries did the mixing of the shots..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fishcake said:

The reason I specifically said it was my two cents and rumor, was because, while I have read that in a few places I consider it is a rumor until it is actually happening.

I find the search feature on this chat board a bit awkward, but I did just find two references to October sales. I've been told that in person by others as well. I do not recall where they said they got that date from.

This article from The Mexico Daily News does not give a date, but does state private sales will be allowed:

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/coronavirus/private-sector-state-governments-will-be-able-to-purchase-covid-vaccine/

If you wish to spend time looking online and find something definitive, please share it with the board. 

On 8/2/2021 at 4:23 PM, fishcake said:

As Chapala Medical was selling private Flu shots in December, I felt they may be a good source of information. I asked if and when they expect to sell private Covid shots. This was the response I received:

"Unfortunately, I have no idea of any  time soon. The president will not allow the private industry to get it. 

Wishing you the best of health,

Santiago R. Hernandez  M.D. "