Chapala.com Webboard

Airport hotel question

We have friends coming in, in 3 weeks, but will not be off the plane and through the airport until about 1AM.  Thinking it would be better for them to go to a very nearby airport hotel that is nice and safe and we pick them up next morning.

These guys are used to somewhat upscale lodgings, what would you all recommend that is quick and sure and nice?

Thanks.

My concern for your friends about the hotels near the airport, while acceptable places to stay, would be the likely very-early-morning sound disturbances from the neighboring rooms and corridors, as probably a lot of hotel guests prepare to check out and catch very-early-morning flights from GDL. 

If they we my friends, I might rather arrange for a trusted driver from lakeside to pick them up and drop them off at the new hotel almost all the way into Chapala on the hill across from Chapala Haciendas -- the HS HOTSSON Smart Chapala?  I imagine it would be more quiet and serene there, allowing for a better night's rest into a later morning hour after getting to bed so late.  Traffic from the airport at 1:00 am should be extremely light, ensuring a speedy transport to the hotel in under 30 minutes, I am guessing.  You could then easily pick them up late morning after they've had a decent night's rest for a proper welcome and introduction to Lake Chapala.

Of course, they could always go all the way to your place, though I doubt my friends would want to impose on me at such an hour.  Just an alternative thought.

• Like 1

I stay at a Hilton property when I have a very early morning flight. Hampton Inn by Hilton - Guadalajara Aeropuerto.

About 15 minutes from th airport towards Guadalajara, and there is a Chili's next door. It's my preference. While I wouldn't consider it "upscale," it isn't a budget Inn by any means. I think it has a brakfast with the room, but I always leave too early to eat it. I will say that the coffee packets they give you for that little coffeemaker is NASTY ! I travel with my own coffee. The hotel is clean and comfortable, typical amenities, great beds, airport shuttle, breakfast.

• Like 1

I would be in two minds. One is the convenience to you, the host, the other is a lovely daytime trip from Guadalajara, everything is so green and fresh. The highway is in great shape. They have really cracked down on loose animals, so there are unlikely to be any roadside carcasses.

20 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

A 45 minute taxi ride at 1 or 2 am is perfectly alright and perfectly safe. People just do not get hijacked coming in from the airport, if that's the implication.

That's what they decided to do.  

Thanks to everyone for the comments.

Twice in the past 5 months my wife and I have stayed over night at the Hampton Inn by Hilton Aeropuerto GDL. VERY CLEAN, quiet, 24 hr front desk, bottled water and a nice hot breakfast in the morning. They also offer courtesy airport shuttle from 4:30am to 23:30. Excellent rates found on Hotels.com.

Our last stay there was about a month ago on a late night arrival into GDL around midnight. Taxi ride to the hotel was about $150 MX and takes about 10-12 mins. Highly recommend. This is a nice, NOB style hotel and front staff speaks some english.

• Thanks 2