Chapala.com Webboard

Easiest Pfizer vaccination

They are giving 2nd doses only 21 thru 27 July. You must have received your first dose prior to 27 June and live in greater metro Guadalajara.

Keep in mind that if you go to Texas, their vaccination rate is about the same as Mexico - a little over 40% - but the Delta variant is much more prevalent so you risk contracting Covid while getting vaccinated.

10 hours ago, artsnob said:

WE DID OURS AT THE UNIVERSITY GUADALAJARA you do not have to get out of car, took less than an hour...

How long ago was that?

35 minutes ago, cedros said:

I wonder if here in Mexico they would let you have Pfizer after haing 2 sinovac.

Your online registration with the Secretaria de Salud will be checked when you go to any vax site and consequently you will be rejected for another vax.   

IF private MEX docs/clinics ever get vax to sell/administer, they may not care about your vax history.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ea93105 said:

What if a person gets their first pfizer shot in the usa, can they get their second one here ? is the second just another shot like #1 ?

Currently Jalisco is requiring that you live in the municipality where the shots are being given and they are only giving Pfizer vaccine in greater Guadalajara. So probably not until WHO approves the open market sale of vaccines, possibly in October or November.

7 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Your online registration with the Secretaria de Salud will be checked when you go to any vax site and consequently you will be rejected for another vax.   

IF private MEX docs/clinics ever get vax to sell/administer, they may not care about your vax history.  

I think you are right-we have to wait until the private clinics are allowed to dispense the vacines.

2 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

Texas.. Just about every pharmacy in Laredo including Walmart  had signs outside listing the vaccines available and saying “No appointment necessary, walk in’s welcome.

Thats the kind of easy I like   🙂

So I'm going to Texas in a week anyway...but not for three weeks. Which is why I'm pondering whether to get the first shot there easily but then I guess I'm forced to fly back for my second shot ?  ( Unless I could get it here ). Or I wait to get both shots here when I get back risking catching the virus...what to do. What are the odds of getting a shot here on short notice ?

1 minute ago, ea93105 said:

So I'm going to Texas in a week anyway...but not for three weeks. Which is why I'm pondering whether to get the first shot there easily but then I guess I'm forced to fly back for my second shot ?  ( Unless I could get it here ). Or I wait to get both shots here when I get back risking catching the virus...what to do. What are the odds of getting a shot here on short notice ?

Odds of getting Pfizer, not good. They probably will be giving 2nd AZ shots in 2 or 3 weeks in Chapala. No way of knowing if they will open it up to everyone over 50 again or just those who already received their first jabs. Depends on how much vaccine they get. If you want Pfizer, you will need to get both shots in Texas.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, ea93105 said:

The odds are unknown.

40 minutes ago, ea93105 said:

Word on the street...... MC is going to LOVE this..... is that a study says that the Pfizer vaccine (and probably Moderna for that matter) needs a booster after about 6 months as the efficacy drops to about 69. Ergo they have applied to the FDA for emergency authorization. 

Now the FDA, CDC and NIH are saying, "wait, not so fast on that".... 

"FDA, CDC, and NIH (the National Institutes of Health) are engaged in a science-based, rigorous process to consider whether or when a booster might be necessary. This process takes into account laboratory data, clinical trial data, and cohort data -- which can include data from specific pharmaceutical companies, but does not rely on those data exclusively."

But they are probably just not wanting to rile folks up any more than they already are in some places like the US South where the vaccination rate is around 39% (Alabama). Never mind that the hospitalization count is 97-99% un-vaccinated folks. 

On 7/23/2021 at 9:35 AM, cedros said:

I wonder if here in Mexico they would let you have Pfizer after having 2 sinovac.

Please keep in mind that Mexico has a limited supply of vaccine, unlike the US. Everyone who gets a 3rd shot is taking vaccine away from someone who needs to get a first shot. Wait until the vaccine is available from private clinics.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Like Mtnmama and alaninmexicali, I am guessing October. That is when the government will want to put more pressure on the anti-vaxers. In France, they require a Covid vax card for entry to restaurants, clubs, sporting events. People with a lot of public exposure, such as public bus drivers and taxi cabs are also needing the card. The public is not grumbling at all. No card, no entry to my house etc. Taxi with no card? Sorry I will order another. The tide is turning.

The Sinovac vaccine is purchased by the government for $4 US per dose. I don't know the price of Pfizer in the US.