Chapala.com Webboard

CREDIT CARD CHARGES - FRAUDULENT USE - SAN ANTONIO TLAYACAPAN RESTAURANT?

Carnivore

On July 7th we attended a fairly well known restaurant in SAT.  On paying our bill the waiter used his telephone to process the charge and gratuity on my Mexican credit card.  At one point he actually asked for the card which I provided.  Of course, as he was using his own phone, no receipt was provided and, stupidly,  I thought no more about it.  However, on the 12th of July a charge was processed on my credit card  and identified as CLIN CABEZA Y CUELLO CHAPALA JAL in the amount of $870.00MN.  On contacting our bank I was advised to cancel the card and, fortunately, yesterday I received my replacement card by courier.  However, on checking my credit card account on line I noticed that although the new credit card account number was shown there was another "fraudulent" charge on July 14th that had not been posted when I had contacted the bank about the first unauthorized charge.  The     second charge in the amount of $1,100.00MN was identified as BP*RETAIL VTAS GUADALAJARA J.  Of course, I've again contacted the bank and that charge has been assigned an investigation and my new card remains in force.

However, on checking on the internet to see if BP*RETAIL VTAS has any further meaning it would appear that I'm not only person who has been scammed.  The bank officer that I spoke with today asked if anyone could have had access to the 3 digit code on the back of my original card?   

If anyone else has had similar problems it would be great to confirm the source and involve the authorities.  Our bank would also like to know if we make any progress and they have also assured us that they consider the situation serious!