Chapala.com Webboard

ken madison

KMadison

Hello All

My first ever post, I have been monitoring for years.

My question is regarding getting a PCR test for my return trip to Canada.

The Canadian rules are changing but even being fully vaccinated for months

I currently have weekly PCR tests but I still need a negative PCR from Mexico or I will we locked up for 14 days.

Tough on my patients, not to mention myself.

I assume the test is available in Ajijic the government restriction

is that the test results be in ENGLISH or FRENCH.

Does anyone have any sage input??.

Regards

KJM

7 minutes ago, KMadison said:

Hello All

My first ever post, I have been monitoring for years.

My question is regarding getting a PCR test for my return trip to Canada.

The Canadian rules are changing but even being fully vaccinated for months

I currently have weekly PCR tests but I still need a negative PCR from Mexico or I will we locked up for 14 days.

Tough on my patients, not to mention myself.

I assume the test is available in Ajijic the government restriction

is that the test results be in ENGLISH or FRENCH.

Does anyone have any sage input??.

Regards

KJM

sorry I can't help you--all I can say is that this world has you really tied up in knots-if you can afford it---RETIRE-  I'm retired and all I'm required to do is get old and die-!

• Sad 1

Just my observation, but... per Google translation, anyone should be able to figure out that, hopefully, you tested negative:

Negativo - Spanish

Negative - English

Négatif    - French

If you feel or it is required of Canada to have the test in a different language than Spanish, pay a legal translator to translate the document for you.

Also, there is a rather current post about where you can get the test.  One place listed is Ajijic Hospital which is in Ajijic.  I would imagine that Chopo Lab by Dermika also administer the test.

3 minutes ago, ibarra said:

Just my observation, but... per Google translation, anyone should be able to figure out that, hopefully, you tested negative:

Negativo - Spanish

Negative - English

Négatif    - French

If you feel or it is required of Canada to have the test in a different language than Spanish, pay a legal translator to translate the document for you.

Also, there is a rather current post about where you can get the test.  One place listed is Ajijic Hospital which is in Ajijic.  I would imagine that Chopo Lab by Dermika also administer the test.

Best Lab in Riberas does both tests.

Ken, I am not 100% sure on this, but my understanding is only the Vaccine results must be in English or French for avoiding quarantine in Canada. The PCR test is checked by the airline in the country you are leaving from before you are allowed to board a flight into Canada. So a direct flight from here would allow a Spanish PCR test result

Your vaccine data must be entered into the new ArriveCan phone App.

"If you received your vaccines outside Canada, it’s still accepted but proof of vaccination must be uploaded digitally in ArriveCAN and must only be in French or English, or certified translation into French or English."

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada#determine-fully

Nothing about language for the PCR:

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/flying-canada-checklist/covid-19-testing-travellers-coming-into-canada#getting-tested

Again, not 100% sure.  Good Luck.