Chapala.com Webboard

Telcel question: How to buy a bunch of data time?

I used Xoom two weeks ago. PayPal used my Visa. No interest, or fee charged???? 

EDIT:

I was incorrect, I have XOOM payments via my Debit card, NOT a CC.  Thanks for the information, Virgo Lady.

Edited by Whipstock
Clarification

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2021 at 11:17 PM, Denver said:

I got a cheap plan for $229/month for 1 gig data and unlimited phone and texting

If you don't signup for a plan and just buy Sin Limites pay-as-you-go, you get 3 gigs of data, and unlimited texting and calling for 28 days for 200 pesos. So your cheap plan isn't as cheap as that.

23 hours ago, mudgirl said:

If you don't signup for a plan and just buy Sin Limites pay-as-you-go, you get 3 gigs of data, and unlimited texting and calling for 28 days for 200 pesos. So your cheap plan isn't as cheap as that.

With a post pay plan you receive points every month that you can apply for a replacement phone when it is time. 

8 minutes ago, virgo lady said:

As of a few days ago, the XOOM site no longer had Telcel payment options of any kind, in fact there were only 2 countries listed there.

Actually, it is still there, just with a different link now to the page:

Recharge telcel phones in Mexico - Top Up Instantly | Xoom, a PayPal Service

I encourage anyone using it and paying with Paypal to use a debit card link, and not a credit card link, for that Paypal payment......as some credit cards charge this as a cash advance with the related fees and interest....vs if using a debit card, it just comes right out of your bank account.       

1 hour ago, Joco said:

I buy online. Select the internet only option. There are 3 plans offered but internet only is best r your hotspot.  https://undostres.com.mx/

The OP long ago acknowledged they had the answer and solved their need. 

My question is ..Why do you use a 3rd party to buy something that you can buy directly online with Telcel? And do you pay them for this service? 

1 hour ago, Mostlylost said:

My question is ..Why do you use a 3rd party to buy something that you can buy directly online with Telcel? And do you pay them for this service? 

Why do you care if I answered it? The OP might want additional information.  Bossy much?

I am not charged extra to buy Telcel time from them. I can also pay Total Play, CFE and others. It is easy to do and easier than going to each website. If being charged 25 cents is too much for you, don't use a third party.

1 hour ago, Mostlylost said:

I looked and several others also recently answered. I hope you plan to correct their mistakes.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Joco said:

I looked and several others also recently answered. I hope you plan to correct their mistakes.

I mentioned they had solved their problem to save people time on posting more answers that don't apply anymore. 

My question remains ..Why do you use a 3rd party to buy something that you can buy directly online with Telcel? And do you pay them for this service? 

Probably because he/she want to... my question would be 'why do you persist in asking this question' especially after the person has acknowledged it may cost them a few pesos to do so, seems to be comfortable with that and has rejected your cost-saving suggestions already?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

I mentioned they had solved their problem to save people time on posting more answers that don't apply anymore. 

My question remains ..Why do you use a 3rd party to buy something that you can buy directly online with Telcel? And do you pay them for this service? 

OK, I will write slower this time. I use that service to pay for Telcel, Total Play, CFE and others.  I pay an extra 25 cents sometimes for convenience. My question is, why do you care? 25 cents isn't a big deal to me. If it is to you, don't use a third party.

50 minutes ago, RickS said:

Probably because he/she want to... my question would be 'why do you persist in asking this question' especially after the person has acknowledged it may cost them a few pesos to do so, seems to be comfortable with that and has rejected your cost-saving suggestions already?

They edited their first response after my post.  I only asked when they did not answer. I was not trying to be condescending or insulting, as they now are in their last post. 

Since they chose to edit their first response to me I assume it was to make it seem like I was "persisting"

Many people here use 3rd party websites to pay bills because they are not aware that they can do so directly with instant results and no extra costs. My reason was to ask why and alert readers other than that poster they can do it directly. If the poster already knew that fine.. others might not.

I see you repeat yourself many times but I don't see the need to make such type of comments about your posts. Maybe you could be just as courteous to me. 

No response needed, however I am sure you will find the need....