Chapala.com Webboard

Checkpoint at the La Floresta lights?

At least one of the two deaths was a person riding on a two wheeled vehicle, probably a motorcycle. I only saw one body covered with a cloth on the road. Maybe the other person who died was being transported to a medical facility. 

Actually, one of the men killed is a neighbor that lives 2 blocks from my home. I use to have a conversation with him when waiting for the bus. The girl that cleans my place said that they already removed all the cooking gear from the side walk that his wife used every evening. There was an article a while back by the red cross about the reduction of injuries/deaths during the police vial crack down. 2 weeks ago there was a Domino Pizza guy down in San Antonio, he was alive but he was also warring a helmet. Last week near El Chante the brick layers that are working for me said that a motorcycle crashed near the bus. He told me that blood immediately started running out of his mouth. (yes no helmet). The government should be handing out helmets free to those who can not afford. 

Good tires are important also.  Too many people running around with bald tires.  I blew a tire a few months ago, coming around the mountain downhill, was going a good clip and hit a piece of metal and blew out the tire, ripped it right open.  I was happy that my car performed well, could have been a serious situation had the vehicle not been regularly maintained.  

I was not a witness to the accident, only the tragic aftermath.  Given that particular unencumbered stretch of the carretera through La Floresta and the very-early morning hour in which the accident occurred, I'm guessing excessive speed was also a factor in the senseless loss of life -- as well as possible driver impairment.  I've almost come to prefer the now-frequent times of traffic congestion on the carretera, where at least the speeds are slow enough that the likelihood of becoming involved in a fatal accident is reduced.  Of course, wearing a helmet and obeying traffic laws if you're a motorcyclist helps too.  I'm appalled everyday by instances of reckless driving practices I see around here.

• Like 3

Why flee?  If you are involved in an injury accident you will be going to jail. There you will receive a blood alcohol test. The police will try to determine fault. You will 99% be spending the night.  Many think they need an attorney first to "negotiate" their side part during the investigation. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Why flee?  If you are involved in an injury accident you will be going to jail. There you will receive a blood alcohol test. The police will try to determine fault. You will 99% be spending the night.  Many think they need an attorney first to "negotiate" their side part during the investigation. 

All true.  Add to that maybe driver was drunk.... maybe the car was stolen......maybe driver has no insurance and no way to pay..... maybe, maybe, maybe

That's why paying for  legal services on your insurance is a necessary expense. If YOU have done the killing of someone you might still go to jail, but in most other cases legal rep shows up and deals with police in order to avoid that.

Yes and the Ministerio Publico has 3 days to do his investigation . You have to be easily reachable and the best place for you to be for them is jail. I know been there , done that. 

The lawyer from AXA I had to care of AXA and was not able to keep me out of jail. for one night and 2 days. That is what it took for them to do the investigation in my case. I was underwhelm by the lawyer and the agent told me that for those little cases, they do not use the brightest light on the porch.

The driver would flee because wether guilty or not everyone goes to jail until the investigation is done. First thing they do is take you to a doctor and give you a blood test..

• Thanks 1

I have a good exemple of what happens.. a few weeks ago the mother in law of my cleaning lady was hit by a motocycle  on the carretera and died. The kid had nothing and did not spent a minute in jail and the death certificate of the lady shows she died of natural death... now if that does not screw up the statistic , I do not know what does.  

Now the family put a denuncia and who knows what will happen..

• Thanks 2