Chapala.com Webboard

How Mexico Forgot its Covid Crisis

RickS

1 hour ago, bobby brown said:

Boy--you got skills--why don't you try to get me canceled---oh; I guess you can't !--because I have nothing; unless you have the power to cancel my SOCIAL SECURITY checks-- are you so powerful ?--are you? PUNK !!--YEA ,I THOUGHT SO !!---BOBBY BROWN--

who are you to block me--you are nobody--this site does not ban someone just because you get knickers in  a twist"-Ferret"- and you still are a ferret-Rat  HA--after your stunt ; this blog will be closed by Moderator 2-THX--Bobby Brown

Okay, Mainecoons moderator, you may not like me, and I sure can't stand you, but why let THIS kind of BS run rampant? What does this attitude contribute? How does it make our lives better? Where does the constant hatred and trolling fit in with the concept of this board?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

Okay, Mainecoons moderator, you may not like me, and I sure can't stand you, but why let THIS kind of BS run rampant? What does this attitude contribute? How does it make our lives better? Where does the constant hatred and trolling fit in with the concept of this board?

because I don't appreciate stupidity -- let's break it down, Andy; the so called vaccine not only does not work, it is dangerous-- Andy;  it's not that I don't like you; its that I just don't care---people are in trouble and they are too scared to admit it--

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, bobby brown said:

here in Vallarta we have no time for nonsence -we are here to" maka" the business--if you can't keep up  go back to Chapala land or Jajahic-oh by the way I plan to visit the Chapala area next week to see how  the swells live---HA----Bobby  Brown

Tell us when you are going to bless our Malecon. I will cut 20 or so bamboo poles for your welcoming parade. So you an anti vaxer, visiting us from a city, which has more Covid infections than Guadalara, Mexico's second largest city. Why don't just leave us alone. Save yourself some bruises and possibly save some lives. The Sheriff.

• Haha 1

...AND it works equally well to guard against folks here and otherwise who insist they and only they know what somehow science has missed.  Works really well in the US South where 85-90% of the current hospitalizations from Covid are the.... UNVACCINATED!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mainecoons said:

Available now at your local tienda:  New masks used to avoid having to listen to endless covid fear mongering and BS from the media and this board.  Only sold in quantities of 100 or more due to unprecedented high level of need. 

Typical. Sure, you'll wear it, but not as recommended over the WHOLE ear.

"... endless covid fear mongering and BS from the media and this board."   You forgot to disparage Scientists, Doctors, health care workers, billions of concerned individuals and Government.

Millions of deaths; tens of millions (soon to be hundreds of millions) of cases and you suggest Covid is an overexaggerated  issue not  worthy of strict support of preventative measures such as masks, social distancing and vaccines. You make fun of our concerns for safety.

As the chief moderator on this board, a position of influence and responsibility, you use this platform to spread what I consider reckless innuendo.

Today one in ten Americans have been affected, some with lingering conditions.  Well over 600 thousand deaths. Think how many family members and friends are left behind to grieve and cope and yet you continue to trivialize the seriousness of the pandemic.

This is not a game - first/ second amendment rights arguments, infrastructure bills - this is life and death as well as the  recovery of world economies.

SunFan

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8

16 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Tell us when you are going to bless our Malecon. I will cut 20 or so bamboo poles for your welcoming parade. So you an anti vaxer, visiting us from a city, which has more Covid infections than Guadalara, Mexico's second largest city. Why don't just leave us alone. Save yourself some bruises and possibly save some lives. The Sheriff.

"he shot the sheriff but he did not shoot the deputy"-- HA

20 hours ago, RickS said:

...AND it works equally well to guard against folks here and otherwise who insist they and only they know what somehow science has missed.  Works really well in the US South where 85-90% of the current hospitalizations from Covid are the.... UNVACCINATED!

We have lost 8 healthy friends to Covid-19. You don't want to joke around with keeping away from people. All of them went to the INSABI Covid-19 hospital - one of the 3 federal government socialized medical  system hospitals here in San Luis Potosi, Mexico. None of their family mentioned any medicines given - not that they were not given any - only that they were on ventilators. 3 in one family - the son and 4 days later the father and 3 days later the wife, two in another family - the mother and 10 days later the son, our close friend, after 12 days in the hospital and two others, one  close friend of my wife a Dr. the other the husband of my wife's friend and one of my sister in laws - I have 6 here - her and her husband were fighting it at home and she is over it after 2 months of being very sick. Both were on oxigen concentrators and a heart surgeon friend attended to them with medicines.

I find bobby brown malicious in his numerous lies and anti-compassionate and he disgusts me.

• Thanks 4

Ivermectin has been used in India in a very limited way just as vaccination has because they don't have near enough for all those people.  To blame Ivermectin for Delta is pretty ignorant.  Go research the literature, you will find that view is not supported much.  Ivormectin is not a cure as has been explained all over the place but rather ameliorates the symptoms by interfering with the damage the virus does, not the virus itself.

The Delta strain is a natural evolution that MAY have been accelerated by widespread vaccination.  Key word is "may."  The literature says it is the result of huge super spreader events in India.  People are so jammed together in that country it is a miracle they haven't have a real pandemic there that would kill 25 percent or more.

As has been noted in the literature, Flu viruses evolve naturally and quickly which is why there are new flu vaccines every year.  We get flu shots every year.  When the currently in process non mRNA vaccines are tested and made available for covid, we will get them.  Despite the efforts of the true believers to denigrate the growing number of voices, including the originator of mRNA that question the safety of these still experimental "vaccines" every day we are see more evidence that "haste makes waste."

The personal insulting here just illustrates how weak some of your arguments are.  Not that long ago most of you were parroting the CDC  party line about Ivermectin, Hydroxy, and the origin of covid.  Lot of egg on your faces, go look in the mirror.  Both have been proven in actual use by real doctors, not bureaucrats or ideologues.

Bottom line for us is covid is treatable, it has been done successfully in our immediate family, thousands of practicing physicians have treated it successfully, and, guess what, off label uses of pharmas are common and have often led to great cures or improved treatment outcomes. 

And another fiction is the young are vulnerable to covid.  They are far more likely to be victims of child trafficking than they are of covid.  Stop chanting slogans like a bunch of religious fundamentalists, develop a little skepticism and start researching what is going on in places where it can be reported without media censorship and distortion.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

,......The literature says it is the result of huge super spreader events in India.  People are so jammed together in that country it is a miracle they haven't have a real pandemic there that would kill 25 percent or more........

That fails the sniff test.

Are people more packed together in the USA?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/countries-where-coronavirus-has-spread/

The Kent Variant was from the UK, are they more packed together?

BS one either side of the issue is BS.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Whipstock said:

That fails the sniff test.

Are people more packed together in the USA?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/countries-where-coronavirus-has-spread/

The Kent Variant was from the UK, are they more packed together?

BS one either side of the issue is BS.

That is the explanation given for the ORIGIN of Delta in India.  Did you not understand that?

Has nothing to do with anyplace else now that Delta has spread.

Breaking news:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/27/cdc-to-reverse-indoor-mask-policy-to-recommend-them-for-fully-vaccinated-people-in-covid-hot-spots.html

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is expected to recommend Tuesday that fully vaccinated people begin wearing masks indoors again in places with high Covid-19 transmission rates, according to people familiar with the matter.

Federal health officials still believe fully vaccinated individuals represent a very small amount of transmission, according to the sources. Still, some vaccinated people could be carrying higher levels of the virus than previously understood and potentially transmit it to others, they said.

Hmm, sounds like they're worried the vaccinated folks will give it to others.

Pfizer only 39% effective against Delta?

Even people who are fully protected have cause for concern when it comes to Covid variants, Offit said. While the vaccines protect well against severe disease and death, they may not protect as well against mild disease or spreading Covid to others, he said. No vaccine is 100% effective, he noted.

“It is not a bold prediction to believe that SARS-CoV-2 is going to be circulating two or three years from now. I mean there are 195 countries out there, most of which haven’t been given a single dose of vaccine,” Offit said. “Will it still be circulating in the United States? I think that would be very, very likely.”

Israel released preliminary data last week that showed the Pfizer vaccine is just 39% effective against the virus there, which officials attributed to the rapidly spreading delta variant. Its effectiveness against severe disease and death remained high, the data showed. U.S. and world health officials said they are looking at the Israeli research, which was not peer-reviewed and was scant on details.

• Like 1