Chapala.com Webboard

How Mexico Forgot its Covid Crisis

RickS

How vaccines cause pathogens to mutate faster:

https://www.quantamagazine.org/how-vaccines-can-drive-pathogens-to-evolve-20180510/

Look how fast this latest strain Delta showed up.  And look how many vaccinated are now getting covid.  A prudent person would cover their bets by being fully up to speed on treatments that have proven effective in very widespread use.  This is called empirical evidence and it works a lot more often then it doesn't.  Proven treatments are available here OTC and it doesn't take a lot of research to find out correct dosage rates and time of usage.

Or you can just keep relying on the "experts" who have been wrong a lot more than they've been right.  Your body your choice.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1574981070.gif No kidding Angus. Mainecoons oughta know by now that IF more people had been vaccinated, the variants wouldn't have a place to breed. 

Although this quote has been attributed to Macron instead of someone else who was commenting on his speech, it sums up my thoughts exactly... "“I no longer have any intention of sacrificing my life, my time, my freedom and the adolescence of my daughters, as well as their right to study properly, for those who refuse to be vaccinated. This time you stay at home, not us,” the now removed post from @AmericanEthical read.

Vaccine passports have worked in the past and may be necessary in the future... all because some twits won't do the right thing... https://www.healthline.com/health-news/france-has-new-vaccination-requirements-could-similar-programs-work-in-the-us?fbclid=IwAR2Pzu1y0fOhBwIqyF1WjH3vC08O3o6JwPQ63h7qZTsZbaNPbQo3QCcS4iw

• Like 1

The article from Mainecoons specifically leads off with this: Just as antibiotics breed resistance in bacteria, vaccines can incite changes that enable diseases to escape their control. Researchers are working to head off the evolution of new threats.

We know this, have for decades. One of the reasons Mexico banned antibiotics over the counter. It's nature. And researchers are continually looking for ways to fix this. Where would be be if naysayers had the Internet back when antibiotics were being developed? In the dark ages. Where some seem intent on pushing us now.

Using a headline like that as a scare tactic is highly misleading.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mainecoons said:

How vaccines cause pathogens to mutate faster:

https://www.quantamagazine.org/how-vaccines-can-drive-pathogens-to-evolve-20180510/

Look how fast this latest strain Delta showed up.  And look how many vaccinated are now getting covid.  A prudent person would cover their bets by being fully up to speed on treatments that have proven effective in very widespread use.  This is called empirical evidence and it works a lot more often then it doesn't.  Proven treatments are available here OTC and it doesn't take a lot of research to find out correct dosage rates and time of usage.

Or you can just keep relying on the "experts" who have been wrong a lot more than they've been right.  Your body your choice.  

The Delta strain first appeared in India where they were using ivermectin instead of getting vaccinated. Do we really want to follow India’s example?

your senility may be a sign of COVID-19. Have you been tested?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Here in Colorado 97.5% of the new hospital cases are from folks who have NOT been vaccinated.  I think that the US rate is similar. And of course hospital cases are MUCH larger in those locations/states where the rate of vaccination is miserably low.... like Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri, Mississippi and Alabama whichisthelowest in the nation.  Just to name of few.

Signed:  Fully Pfizer-vaccinated old guy

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

And look how many vaccinated are now getting covid. 

Almost none.  

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-covid-19-cases-united-states-almost-all-among-people-unvaccinated/

The Delta variant now accounts for more than half of the new coronavirus cases in the United States —52%. Almost all of the new cases — 99.7% —are among people who have not been vaccinated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And on a more serious note, the French have been doing their homework.

https://www.embopress.org/doi/full/10.15252/emmm.202114122

Abstract

The devastating pandemic due to SARS-CoV-2 and the emergence of antigenic variants that jeopardize the efficacy of current vaccines create an urgent need for a comprehensive understanding of the pathophysiology of COVID-19, including the contribution of inflammation to disease. It also warrants for the search of immunomodulatory drugs that could improve disease outcome. Here, we show that standard doses of ivermectin (IVM), an anti-parasitic drug with potential immunomodulatory activities through the cholinergic anti-inflammatory pathway, prevent clinical deterioration, reduce olfactory deficit, and limit the inflammation of the upper and lower respiratory tracts in SARS-CoV-2-infected hamsters. Whereas it has no effect on viral load in the airways of infected animals, transcriptomic analyses of infected lungs reveal that IVM dampens type I interferon responses and modulates several other inflammatory pathways. In particular, IVM dramatically reduces the Il-6/Il-10 ratio in lung tissue and promotes macrophage M2 polarization, which might account for the more favorable clinical presentation of IVM-treated animals. Altogether, this study supports the use of immunomodulatory drugs such as IVM, to improve the clinical condition of SARS-CoV-2-infected patients.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

And on a more serious note, the French have been doing their homework.

Yes they are. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/france-covid-pass-mandatory-group-leisure-soon-bars-restaurants/

Paris — France is in a fourth wave of coronavirus infections and is still scrambling to get the population vaccinated. With the number of new cases soaring, the French will now have to present a "COVID pass" if they want any kind of social life.

Prime Minister Jean Castex confirmed on Wednesday that the country's new COVID Certificate would now be required for any leisure activity where more than 50 people are gathered. It must be presented for entry to museums, cinemas and swimming pools, as well as festivals, theme parks and concerts.

The pass confirms that the holder is either fully vaccinated or has recently tested negative for COVID-19 with a PCR or antigen test.  

From next month, the passes will also be mandatory for entry to bars, cafés, restaurants, and shopping malls. 

Anyone notice that the Delta variant is exploding in Cabos and Cancun.  No surprise, since the Americans are restricted in their international travel to many countries but not Mexico??  Thanks, what a great job Mexico is doing to protect their citizens.  You can thank the American anti vaxers

vacs.jpeg.b9c7ad1495fdc836fa8f392be0ea64d8.jpeg

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

Interesting. I don't spend my spare time trying to verify the science behind vaccinations. So why do some people spend hours finding isolated reports trying to debunk the science? What is there to gain? What a waste of time.

Amen.

I've lost my patience with anti-vaxers. They're extending the shutdown, crippling businesses and individuals trying to recover and limiting my remaining few years of blissful retirement.

SunFan

• Like 5