Chapala.com Webboard

Smog Inspections

30 minutes ago, HoneyBee said:

It takes political will to tackle climate change (yes I know its also a 4 letter word for many). Tesla and Nikola are US born products. Tesla currently has 2 large factories in the US (California and Nevada) and are currently in the process of building one in Texas. They are also building a factory in Germany and in the process of enlarging their factory in China. You mention Mexico, I agree that using oil to generate electricity makes no sense. Mexico has all the sun you could dream of but it would take the government to think green, but I doubt that will happen given the level of corruption (Guadalajara just bought 30 electric buses for the northern route, its a start). Also, I hade no idea that Texas had so many wind farms until they all froze up ☹️. Europe is leading the way, followed by the US by cutting off ICE cars by around 2030. The cost of battery production is dropping faster then I can blink an eye. Being an electrical engineer, 20 years ago I would have laugh at the possibility of an electric cars. Finally, I have no grand children and will be gone in about 10 years, so who cares about the environment. But I have hundreds of Mexican friends with children and hope they will have cleaner air to breath. 

Here is the latest solar farm plans for Mexico by the government.

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/government-announces-plans-to-build-worlds-8th-largest-solar-farm-in-sonora/

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, lcscats said:

Thanks for the link, it was an interesting read and was surprised that even AMLO wants to wean Mexico from oil. Almost forgot that GM is planning an EV assembly plant in Sonora for the Mexican market. 

I just wanted to add one last piece of information on greening the planet then that will be it. I forgot to mention in my earlier post above that Nikola Motors is currently building an assembly plant in Arizona on a 400 acre piece of land (161 Hectares), that is big. In addition, they have built a joint venture plant in Germany with IVECO. (trial assembly has started). Its interesting, because the US truck manufacturing industry has pretty much been taken over by European manufacturers (Volvo and Mercedes Benz), but now with Nikola its a reverse, they intend to grab the European market.