Chapala.com Webboard

Le 14 Juillet

Zeb

Zeb "le 14Juillet is celebrated on the 13. We dance all night and have fireworks on the 13th at 11pm or so. On the 14th it is a quiet day with military parade. No special meal for the 14th if you want to be authentic.  It is one of the rare holidays that we do not celebrate with food. 

11 hours ago, bmh said:

Zeb "le 14Juillet is celebrated on the 13. We dance all night and have fireworks on the 13th at 11pm or so. On the 14th it is a quiet day with military parade. No special meal for the 14th if you want to be authentic.  It is one of the rare holidays that we do not celebrate with food. 

My questions was and still is "are there any events planned in our area?"

8 minutes ago, bmh said:

No, it is a reataurant accross from Barbara´s bazar

Efren Gonzales is doing something with the 14th of July name in it.

Well, not knowing what the heck it was, I looked on line and results showed a dating app.  I had no way to know it was the name of a restaurant in Ajijic. 

That is not the town I was thinking about. There is a town in the southern Alps that celebrates their links to Mexico every year with a Mexican fiesta. Many ancestors  of the inhabitant emigrated to Mexico. at the end of the 19th century , I think and most of them came back but they still celebrate that event.  Efren spent time during the fiesta I believe.