Chapala.com Webboard

Emision Testing Starts in August

On 7/11/2021 at 12:21 PM, happyjillin said:

Just more of the same and it doesn't affect us here at all. Only 98 more testing stations to set up and how long do you think that will take? If one finds this thread and all the alleged informative links relevant then all of you must believe in the tooth fairy too. This thread does nobody any good HERE just like all the previous premature threads have on this board about the testing. It will only be helpful to us when there is a news release that there is a government approved station RIGHT HERE. and it's location. You won't be accepted for testing at the 4 operating stations in Metro Guadalajara. Calm yourselves and enjoy where you are and don't waste anymore time thinking about this until it's time REALLY comes.

pedro kertesz

Can we please return to topics of more immediate interest to us locally. Like the number of dams on the Lerma. 

2 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Of course foreign plates are exempt.  If anyone received an illegal citation for a foreign plated vehicle they could toss it in the trash. There would be no enforcement mechanism possible.  Unlike up north, when a policeman stops you here they don't get on a computer and "run" your plates or license looking for warrants. Even if they did foreign licenses or plates would not be in their system. 

No but they could get info from US if they wanted to.  Mexico and USA exchange all kinds of information with each other.  Not likely of course but it is much more likely to happen these days than in the past.  Example fly to Cuba from Mexico City and the Mexican government reports Americans to US Government.  This is all in the name of security of course.  

2 hours ago, lcscats said:

No but they could get info from US if they wanted to.  Mexico and USA exchange all kinds of information with each other.  Not likely of course but it is much more likely to happen these days than in the past.  Example fly to Cuba from Mexico City and the Mexican government reports Americans to US Government.  This is all in the name of security of course.  

Vehicles not registered in Jalisco are not included in the regulation. 

Have you ever received a ticket in Jalisco for a vehicle registered in the USA?  Have you been stopped?  Did they "run" your license or Plates?  That is why when you refuse to pay a bribe and you ask for the ticket they let you go. They know that the ticket is unenforceable. 

Ok so you don't pay the ticket that was given to you illegally for an emission violation on a non Jalisco vehicle that is not covered by the regulation. 

Following your premise.. that they could get info from the the state in which the vehicle was registered if they wanted to.  Doubtful any state DMV in the USA would even have a way for Jalisco Transit police to contact them.  "Hola soy oficial Gomez con transito de Jalisco Mexico "    But lets say they do.... Would they send a bill to your address in that state if somehow DMV released the information?   The DMV in the state would have no interagency agreement with the state of Jalisco. So you don't pay the bill they send you... Will they ask for extradition???

Taking international flights is very different than a state transit issued ticket.  Apples to Oranges. 

3 hours ago, lcscats said:

No but they could get info from US if they wanted to.  Mexico and USA exchange all kinds of information with each other.  Not likely of course but it is much more likely to happen these days than in the past. 

Nah. Never happen. They just don't do that for picayune stuff like this. They probably can't even if they wanted to.

It is more than obvious that regarding out of state vehicle part requirement it is basically impossible to enforce. It is most likely illegal and probably will struck down by a judge. 

During a press conference, the Secretary of the Environment and Territorial Development, Sergio Graf commented  if you plan to visit Jalisco by car, you must process the Temporary Stay Pass. 

This lasts for 20 days and you can do it directly on the official website of the program. In addition, if it is going to circulate for a longer time, it will be necessary to verify like any car with Jalisco license plates. (There is no place to get this pass on the website at this time)

This process will have to be carried out by every motorist who needs to travel within the limits of the state of Jalisco and has non jalisco plates, in order to avoid penalties for not having the verification badge.

So those thousands of vehicles passing through Jalisco daily would all be in violation if they had not obtained this required document. Every truck, every car.

Also when you receive a ticket in Mexico there is no interstate cooperation with fines. If you are say driving a vehicle from Guanajuato in Jalisco and receive a ticket that you don't pay there will be no consequences unless you try to register that vehicle in Jalisco. 

Added regarding law as published ..... which does not include non Jalisco vehicles...

010/2020 AGREEMENT of the Governor of the State of Jalisco that issues the Regulation of the State Law of Ecological Balance and Environmental Protection in Vehicle Verification Matters; and articles 328 and 329 of the Regulations of the State Mobility and Transportation Law are modified. P. 3

Article 328 if the mobility law  "Article 328.  Motor vehicles registered in the State must be submitted.."

https://info.jalisco.gob.mx/sites/default/files/leyes/reglamento_de_la_ley_de_movilidad_y_transporte_pdf.pdf

From a GDL Facrebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10159586912499913&set=gm.10159166349964663

There's only three available verificación locations in AMG...oh the fun....reminds me of Washington DC's sole smog station hee hee

Foreign/out of state plates with presence > 20 days must comply. Right now, cars with plate numbers ending in "7" are due in for appointments.

However, it seems fines won't issue until 2022.

And this from Informador:

https://www.informador.mx/jalisco/Verificacion-vehicular-Sera-obligatoria-para-autos-particulares-en-Jalisco-20210709-0105.html

I think this is going to rapidly turn into chaos and wholesale opportunity for mordida.  Hope I'm wrong.

• Thanks 3

WHy would it turn into aaan oportunity for mordida. I know that both of our cars are not due until april 22 and anyone who wants mordidad will have to issue me a ticket and then I ll fight it. You do not have to  pay mordida if you do not want to.

Why? Because I believe part of the training program for transitos here is "how to fleece drivers". And seniors are particularly susceptible. Why? Because the new arrivals haven't been through this, don't know the BS, and get panicky. It's not the experienced ones that have to worry.

OTOH, I haven't heard any reports lately of transitos asking for bribes.

52 minutes ago, bmh said:

WHy would it turn into aaan oportunity for mordida. I know that both of our cars are not due until april 22 and anyone who wants mordidad will have to issue me a ticket and then I ll fight it. You do not have to  pay mordida if you do not want to.

So it is not an opportunity for you or for everyone.  But the inexperienced with U.S. plates?

I wasn't referring to the experienced when I made that comment.