Chapala.com Webboard

Emision Testing Starts in August

43 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

What the haitch is the pv reporter? This will only be believable when the Jalisco gov't  does a news release and they haven't done that yet.

Yes they have. 

https://verificacionresponsable.jalisco.gob.mx/?fbclid=IwAR0nKZSWx5aSjH9B-eH2Wwf_styOB941zDp5WppS0m6A6RI86BmuqFmUW5k

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bisbee Gal said:

That appears to be directed at metro Guadalajara only unless you think the 4 testing locations there are sufficient to cover all the vehicles in the state of Jalisco. I think not so here we go round and round again with this issue with no TOTAL  solution yet-eh!

pedro kertesz

• Like 1

From the site,

Are all vehicles verified?

• All vehicles circulating in Jalisco are required to carry out Responsible Verification, including those from other states.
  • Consult the Regulation that was published on March 3, 2020 in El Periódico Oficial El Estado de Jalisco: https://periodicooficial.jalisco.gob.mx

41 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

From the site,

Are all vehicles verified?

• All vehicles circulating in Jalisco are required to carry out Responsible Verification, including those from other states.
  • Consult the Regulation that was published on March 3, 2020 in El Periódico Oficial El Estado de Jalisco: https://periodicooficial.jalisco.gob.mx

It is a FACT that the infrastructure is not yet in place to accomplish this but dream on and post regional FACTS that don't apply to us whatsoever.

pedro kertesz

• Sad 2

40 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

There are only 3 testing locations available for light duty vehicles as of today. All in GDL.  Doubtful that they will be able to process the number of vehicles registered in GDL with plates ending in 7 in one month. Forget the rest of the state....

Agreed...not the first time they've announced a "plan" pre-maturely.  My guess is that they will backtrack and either suspend it, delineate it for GDL only or announce there are no fines for not having it.

• Like 2

@happyjillinI posted info directly from their website, nothing more.  You said Jalisco had not sent out an announcement; you were wrong.  Instead of saying, oh, I didn't see that, you instead attacked me.  This is known as the Short Man's Syndrome, aka Napoleon Complex.   https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5718081/Scientists-confirm-short-man-syndrome-REAL.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

As of 20 minutes ago, Alfaro continues to answer questions about the program this way...doesn't say that cars outside GDL are exempt.

Luis Vizcarra
Y para los vehículos de otros municipios que no estén en la zona metropolitana en donde se checa, para hacer cita
8iuTX4LlGZO.png?_nc_eui2=AeFqbZV0_fR54d6Author
Enrique Alfaro Ramírez

Por ahora solo están disponibles los centros en el AMG, pero ya estamos construyendo 98 líneas más en diferentes regiones del estado.

Luis Vizcarra
And for vehicles from other municipalities that are not in the metropolitan area where it is checked, to make an appointment
8iuTX4LlGZO.png?_nc_eui2=AeFqbZV0_fR54d6Author
Enrique Alfaro Ramírez

For now only centers are available at AMG, but we are already building 98 more lines in different regions of the state.

10 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

@happyjillinI posted info directly from their website, nothing more.  You said Jalisco had not sent out an announcement; you were wrong.  Instead of saying, oh, I didn't see that, you instead attacked me.  This is known as the Short Man's Syndrome, aka Napoleon Complex.   https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5718081/Scientists-confirm-short-man-syndrome-REAL.html

What you posted did not address anything that effects the WHOLE state including us here. I poo-pooed your post as useless, not attacking you personally as you have done now with this post directed at me.  I am not short. What would be a syndrome that applies to your SHORT COMINGS-eh! You just perpetuated more  to add to the endless  bafflegarb nonsense on this topic in this forum.

pedro kertesz 5' 9 1/2👿

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Thanks for those two posts. I am due in November. By then things may be quite different. Amazing that the government can't do this in a reasonable way. I have to wonder where and when those other 98 locations will be. I hope that there will still be a testing site in Jocotepec as it was much easier to use that the Chapala one.

1 hour ago, Mainecoons said:

Just more of the same and it doesn't affect us here at all. Only 98 more testing stations to set up and how long do you think that will take? If one finds this thread and all the alleged informative links relevant then all of you must believe in the tooth fairy too. This thread does nobody any good HERE just like all the previous premature threads have on this board about the testing. It will only be helpful to us when there is a news release that there is a government approved station RIGHT HERE. and it's location. You won't be accepted for testing at the 4 operating stations in Metro Guadalajara. Calm yourselves and enjoy where you are and don't waste anymore time thinking about this until it's time REALLY comes.

pedro kertesz

• Like 3

3 hours ago, happyjillin said:

Just more of the same and it doesn't affect us here at all. Only 98 more testing stations to set up and how long do you think that will take? If one finds this thread and all the alleged informative links relevant then all of you must believe in the tooth fairy too. This thread does nobody any good HERE just like all the previous premature threads have on this board about the testing. It will only be helpful to us when there is a news release that there is a government approved station RIGHT HERE. and it's location. You won't be accepted for testing at the 4 operating stations in Metro Guadalajara. Calm yourselves and enjoy where you are and don't waste anymore time thinking about this until it's time REALLY comes.

pedro kertesz

Well it certainly doesn't add up how they would expect people from outlying areas to comply at this point and indeed how they could even begin to process just the cars in GDL through such a limited number of stations.  That information about the long timeframes for the various levels of participation supports your point.

I'm not planning on doing anything about this until they make it clear they are going to start citing out of town cars.

• Like 1

I drove for 16 years with US plates and never got questioned, and never heard it happen. I was told it happened about 20 or 25 or more years ago. Swooped in from Guadalajara and did a real number. But that's a long time in between. And I can't cite the source, but I was informed several times over the years that foreign plates are exempt.

It happened much more recently than 25 years ago, it was happening sporadically when the other program was in effect just a few years ago.  Foreign plates were not exempt.  The enforcement was mainly from the GDL cops but not entirely and I believe the conclusion at that time was that it provided a convenient excuse for the mordida shakedown.

Although the question is moot at this time you may want to run some searches here and see of those What they did in the past does not mean they'll do in with the new program so we'll just have to wait and see.  

Here's a pretty extensive thread about it from 2015.

https://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?/topic/56739-emissions-test-do-i-have-to-do-it/page/2/

When the old program was winding down in 2019 it was still being used for some shakedowns:

https://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?/topic/84245-emissions-testing-again/&tab=comments#comment-624154

Run a search on "Emissions" and there are a ton of results.  This topic used to be a great traffic generator for this board.  :D 

Of course foreign plates are exempt.  If anyone received an illegal citation for a foreign plated vehicle they could toss it in the trash. There would be no enforcement mechanism possible.  Unlike up north, when a policeman stops you here they don't get on a computer and "run" your plates or license looking for warrants. Even if they did foreign licenses or plates would not be in their system. 

41 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

It happened much more recently than 25 years ago, it was happening sporadically when the other program was in effect just a few years ago.  Foreign plates were not exempt.  The enforcement was mainly from the GDL cops but not entirely and I believe the conclusion at that time was that it provided a convenient excuse for the mordida shakedown.

Although the question is moot at this time you may want to run some searches here and see of those What they did in the past does not mean they'll do in with the new program so we'll just have to wait and see.  

Here's a pretty extensive thread about it from 2015.

https://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?/topic/56739-emissions-test-do-i-have-to-do-it/page/2/

When the old program was winding down in 2019 it was still being used for some shakedowns:

https://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?/topic/84245-emissions-testing-again/&tab=comments#comment-624154

Run a search on "Emissions" and there are a ton of results.  This topic used to be a great traffic generator for this board.  :D

You are talking about something completely different. There is nothing in your links about foreign-plated cars. The program I am talking about is more than 20 years old when they came out looking for foreign-plated cars, not emission stickers. That was the last time anybody cared a wit about foreign plates, because nobody in the search for emission stickers, with foreign-plated cars, was cited that I can find any proof of, or hearsay, or otherwise.