Chapala.com Webboard

Canada, US are easing pandemic border curbs

RickS

ASSOCIATED PRESS TORONTO – Pandemic restrictions on travel between Canada and the U.S. began to loosen Monday (7/5) for some Canadians, and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said plans to totally reopen the border would be announced over the next few weeks.

Canadian citizens and permanent residents who have had a full dose of a coronavirus vaccine approved for use in Canada can skip a 14-day quarantine that has been a requirement since March 2020. Eligible air travelers also no longer have to spend their first three days in the country at a government-approved hotel. Restrictions barring all nonessential trips between Canada and the United States, including tourism, will remain in place until at least July21.

Trudeau said the easing of the rules marks a 'big step' toward reopening the border.

Although Sinovac is approved by the WHO, it is not on the Health Canada approved list. If you got vaccinated in Mexico with the Sinovac, You must isolate for the 14 days. I do not know if the first 3 days  in an isolation hotel is still required.

On 7/7/2021 at 2:42 PM, Whipstock said:

Although Sinovac is approved by the WHO, it is not on the Health Canada approved list. If you got vaccinated in Mexico with the Sinovac, You must isolate for the 14 days. I do not know if the first 3 days  in an isolation hotel is still required.

That is a big problem.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2021 at 2:42 PM, Whipstock said:

why is that?--I tink the competion wants all the money-ya tink?

15 hours ago, Whipstock said:

USA citizens and residents Aug 9, and other countries Sept 7; If fully vaccinated with approved shots.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/news/2021/07/19/canada-border-reopening-fully-vaccinated-us-citizens-aug-9/8016368002/

money, money, money; it's a rich mans world--HA-as the late George Carlin said "it's one big club and you ain't in it---HA-

what I don't get is why people put their lives at risk to hide from a virus with a survival rate 99.8 % survival rate- oh , oh, I get it ! they want to be the good German and that makes them stupid---HA