Chapala.com Webboard

No Vacuna, no business

1 minute ago, Bisbee Gal said:

To say the CDC is controlled by China makes you sound silly and unworthy of any further response.

Sorry, I meant the WHO.  Corrected.

As for the rest, I recommend working on one's skepticism and broadening one's sources.  I understand why one would have such a narrow view of "the science" from following the CDC and the U.S. media.

5 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Sorry, I meant the WHO.  Corrected.

As for the rest, I recommend working on one's skepticism and broadening one's sources.  I understand why one would have such a narrow view of "the science" from following the CDC and the U.S. media.

A great number of us follow neither, nor weird sources, perhaps because we seek a broader view. good old conspiracy theories -eh!

Create massive anxiety, fear, and hysteria = passiveness and the willing to be led. 

Since only about 15% of people living in Mexico have been vaccinated versus 49%-52% in the U.S would it not be safer for those concerned about the virus be better off living up north?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, southernguy said:

Create massive anxiety, fear, and hysteria = passiveness and the willing to be led. 

Since only about 15% of people living in Mexico have been vaccinated versus 49%-52% in the U.S would it not be safer for those concerned about the virus be better off living up north?

The potential that could be vaccinated vis  the actual number,  not only in The Americas but the rest of the world, is cause for concern, I think. And a big disappointment for the governments who had lofty goals And good intentions. I just hope that the  cruise lines will maintain their policy of having 100% of the crew vaccinated and 95% of the passengers vaccinated,  sounds like a more healthy environment than staying home

Tuxcueca zero and Tizapan zero. 

However, rates nationally and within Jalisco elsewhere have doubled in the last two weeks.

And, of course, NOBODY goes in or out of the Lakeside area EVER. My tongue is firmly in my cheek.

• Like 1

The 2020 census shows Jalisco at 8.3 million. The current active cases for the entire state as of yesterday shows 790  That is fewer than one active case in ten thousand people in Jalisco.  

Still knowing the odds of a fully vaccinated individual getting covid is miniscule, add to that the actual number of cases on the street is so low, logic says that driving is statistically far more dangerous in Jalisco for a fully vaccinated person than covid. 

4 hours ago, lcscats said:

CDC says no matter wear a mask.   Biden made a political decision not a medical decision to say stop wearing masks.   We don't know if people who have been fully treated with a vaccine can get covid or transfer covid.  Some folks think they know the answer but its kinda medical guessing at this point.  I hope they are correct but until we know I will wear a mask regardless of being vaccinated  or not and I suggest everyone does the same until we know for sure.

Mistake I meant WHO not CDC. Sorry.

21 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

I am almost to the point, no vacuna card, no business. You are not coming into our house, we are not taking your taxi, with no properly fitting mask, we are not coming into your store. Our most regular taxi driver, real nice and informative guy, but he thinks going to church once a week is his vaccine.

The way to get people to vaccinate is to hit them in the pocketbook. No one knows if the highly contagious Delta 1 can overide your vacuna. Please keep wearing your masks

Sent you a PM

Looking at the numbers locally is like looking through rose coloured glasses. We do not live in a bubble.

I've been tracking on InsideLakeside using https://datos.covid-19.conacyt.mx/ for a long time now. A blip up and then down is fine imho but the drift upward in active cases started on May 29th, 2021 Nationally(N) and June 15th for Jalisco(J).

May 31st..........N 16,258..........J 305.

June 15th.........N 21,224..........J 305

June 30th........N 35,072..........J 639

July 1st............N 37,824...........J 725

July 2nd..........N 39,451...........J 780

July 3rd...........N 41,886...........J 867

July 4th...........N 39,957...........J 829

July 5th...........N 37,241.............J 790

Out of our local area but where many Lakesiders go.... Thursday, June 3rd... Guadalajara 71, Zapopan 92, Tonala 12 BUT........

.............................................................................................on Monday July 5th...Guadalajara 159, Zapopan 129, Tonala 39

Be aware of the trends.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Looking at the numbers locally is like looking through rose coloured glasses. We do not live in a bubble.

I've been tracking on InsideLakeside using https://datos.covid-19.conacyt.mx/ for a long time now. A blip up and then down is fine imho but the drift upward in active cases started on May 29th, 2021 Nationally(N) and June 15th for Jalisco(J).

May 31st..........N 16,258..........J 305.

June 15th.........N 21,224..........J 305

June 30th........N 35,072..........J 639

July 1st............N 37,824...........J 725

July 2nd..........N 39,451...........J 780

July 3rd...........N 41,886...........J 867

July 4th...........N 39,957...........J 829

July 5th...........N 37,241.............J 790

Out of our local area but where many Lakesiders go.... Thursday, June 3rd... Guadalajara 71, Zapopan 92, Tonala 12 BUT........

.............................................................................................on Monday July 5th...Guadalajara 159, Zapopan 129, Tonala 39

Be aware of the trends.

And what seems interesting to me is that this rise comes shortly after the big push for getting the shot.

This could be due to a couple of things anecdotal of course, one since people who are vaccinated are taking less precautions, or the shot has actually triggered more infections. I know that in the last week there have been 4-5 celebrity deaths from Covid here in Mexico all of whom had just been recently vaccinated.

"Out of our area."

So on occasion a few of us go to GDL.  With their numbers out of a population of over 6 million, what is the probability of getting covid since when you go very unlikely you'll be around anyone with covid for any significant time?  Remember, exposure time is a big factor which is why so many got covid at home from other family members.

Damn low.  Not worth living in fear and obsession about this as seems to be the case among some locally.

Not that pointing out the obvious is going to change anything among said fearful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

And while I got blasted for it many months ago, this is exactly what Rod Serling predicted in The Twilight Zone (The Monsters are Due on Maple Street). I have no problems with you doing whatever you feel will keep you safe from whatever you think may harm you, BUT I have a real problem with you telling me what I have to do. If you're right, then Darwin will win out and there will be at least one less to argue with. If you're wrong, nothing lost. Meanwhile, I've barely changed my basic routine and haven't had so much as a sniffle. Hmmmm...maybe diet, exercise and lots of fresh air and sunshine help? Imagine that! (Of course, I wish I'd figured that out years ago, but...)

So what do we do with those who are medically unable to take the shot? Cage them? Make them wear a nice yellow star on their chests? Follow them down the streets yelling, "Unclean! Unclean!" Euthanize them? Some of you seem so caught up in this that it's getting scary...and some seem to have appointed themselves as our compliance police. 

• Like 2

Yes, as Ferret pointed out, new cases of Covid are rattling through Jalisco. Delta variant? I don't know.

I am going to buy a box of wooden clothes pegs and a red marker pen. I will draw a red cross on the pin, and a note " if you are going to wear your mask without covering your nose, please clip this specially designed pin on your nose. Thank You. " Humor is the best motivator.

I always remember we were attending a dog show and the traffic was in chaos. Nerves were frayed. The volunteer parking attendants were doing their best. We were stuck in lineup right beside one. He asks me " Do you like bagels? " I said yes. He said "here are some bagel seeds" he gives me a tiny plastic bag with about 10 cheerios in it. Ha ha. Changed our mood, won some more ribbons, great day.

It's hard to tell what part of the world some posters are talking about.  All vaccines are not created equal.  Those of us who live full time in MX have probably received the Chinese SinoVac jabs a few months ago.  Info has come out that it is not as effective as the better and more expensive vaccines given up north and in other 1st world countries.  I read (sorry I don't have the link handy, I read a lot) that in Indonesia, another developing country where SinoVac has been given, that many doctors in that country got that vaccine and that many have died already from the Delta virus among patients that they are treating.  

The Delta variant is considered much more highly contagious and lethal than the current covid we are familiar with.  Many more young people are catching it.  It took hold in India, also Britain and many other countries.  As many countries, including MX and up north, are now opening up and loosening the CV regs, and many people are now travelling internationally, it's obvious that it is only a matter of time before the Delta (and maybe Lambda) variants hit here.  Delta has already taken over in CDMX and the first case has been discovered in GDL.  Delta has also taken over in many rural locations in the USA where few people are vaccinated and their hospitals are filling up.  Stats show that nearly all the recent CV deaths in the USA are from unvaccinated people.  It has been said that Delta is so contagious that it can be caught from a very quick outdoor encounter.  It's only a matter of time before it gets here, here being Lake Chapala.  Cuidado!!